Dorkfest 2018
voh Offline
Grandmaster Yogurt

RE: Dorkfest 2018
Nee hoor, om heel eerlijk te zijn hielp het mij een gedachte te herinneren

Toen dit topic geopend werd en na het planningsgedoe van de afgelopen jaar begon ik me iets af te vragen. Nu geen idee meer waarom ik het niet eerder besproken heb, but here goes.

It's a radical idea, but...

What if we make Dorkfest a 2-day affair?

It would make planning a lot easier for multiple people. We've recently restarted it and moved location so breaking the 3-day tradition isn't that out of place now.

I pre-checked with Arik and he's not against it. Ideas, and one else?

robindevoh.com - NaNoWriMo prep & onwards, writin's the main topic.
13-12-2017 09:54:12
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Ik ben erg voor uiteraard, 2 dagen is beter dan 0. Vrijdag is voor veel mensen lastig, dus die schrappen geeft wel veel opties.

Maar ik wil niet dat er straks iemand niet kan die wel op 23 juni had gekund.. dat is ook niet erg eerlijk

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
13-12-2017 10:01:00
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline

Als het echt moet kan ik ook het weekend daar voor. Dan gebruik ik vakantie niet om voor te preppen maar om bij te komen. (Mirla: weekend runnen is echt best zwaar werk.)

Maar ik moet toch even vragen, waarom staat dat weekend niet op rood in de google doc?

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
13-12-2017 10:04:21
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Ik had m gewoon nog niet ingevuld, na 5 november niet aan gedacht. en na gister leek t me er niet meer toe doen.

13-12-2017 10:18:41
mirla Offline
Posting Freak

(13-12-2017 10:04:21)SageGenesis Wrote:  Als het echt moet kan ik ook het weekend daar voor. Dan gebruik ik vakantie niet om voor te preppen maar om bij te komen. (Mirla: weekend runnen is echt best zwaar werk.)

[vrouwelijke bemoeienis]

Ah zo, misschien voor jou ook beter te doen als het tweedaags is dan nu jouw werkdruk ook omhoog is? Sowieso is iedereens werkdruk natuurlijk omhoog gegaan in de afgelopen 10 jaar, en dan nog kids en partners die in het weekend werken.. Het maakt het plannen er niet makkelijker op.

Maar als ik je goed begrijp zijn er dus op zich wel 2 weekenden mogelijk? Die van 16 juni en die van 22 juni?

Dus, nieuw lijstje met availability voor zaterdag en zondag (vrijdag optioneel)? En misschien een deadline voor het invullen van de availability?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Ik weet dat het weekend van 16 juni voor mij onwijs druk gaat worden, maar daar valt vast nog wel oppas voor te regelen en dan moet Jelte doordeweeks gewoon wat avonden doorwerken zodat hij in het weekend niet te veel end-of-yearwerk heeft. En als het tweede weekend toch beter uit de bus komt, dan heeft Jelte gewoon pech.

[/vrouwelijke bemoeienis]
13-12-2017 13:13:02
SageGenesis Offline

Weekend van 15-16-17 juni kan ik waarschijnlijk niet vrijdag de 15e zelf. Maar het ziet er naar uit dat we mogelijk toch overstappen naar twee dagen.

De situatie is min of meer als volgt:

1. Mijn vakantie staat zo goed als vast. Als dit veranderd moet worden weet ik niet of dat gaat lukken. En hoe later, hoe minder kans. En dan heb ik het over dagen, niet weken.

2. Binnen de vakantie zoals die nu staat, zijn de weekenden van 15+ en die van 22+ opties. Daar moet ook een keuze in worden gemaakt. Wederom, hoe eerder hoe beter, maar dat heeft wel meer rek. Als het 15+ wordt dan heb ik geen vakantie om te preppen; geen probleem, kan ook in weekenden de maanden daarvoor, maar moet ik wel betijds weten.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
13-12-2017 13:58:59
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

ik heb 22+ al voor vrij aangevraagd dus een conclusie zou fijn zijn. verder ben ik voor 3 dagen dfest boven 2,

Licensed.
(This post was last modified: 14-12-2017 15:16:31 by (me) Melchior.)
14-12-2017 04:59:25
nar Offline
Posting Freak

i've done some looking into what i potentially have going on in june and i could do the 15th-17th, but it turns out that i'm possibly going to be out of the country during the weekend of the 22nd.

to be clear: i'm ok with that. i love DF and i always want to be a part of it, but if i can't make the weekend that's been chosen, then i guess i'll just have to wait another year Smile

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
i am a motherfucking ray of goddamn sunshine, i am.
14-12-2017 12:51:23
scroipt Offline
Posting Freak

Just doing some checking: 15-16-17/6 is now definite?

`Je n'avais pas besoin de cette hypothèse-là' --Pierre-Simon, Marquis de Laplace
24-02-2018 15:45:14
SageGenesis Offline

Was confirmed on the app, yes it is definite.

24-02-2018 15:58:47
voh Offline
Grandmaster Yogurt

I have taken my days off. My availability is guaranteed.

robindevoh.com - NaNoWriMo prep & onwards, writin's the main topic.
03-04-2018 11:56:04
SageGenesis Offline

A few characters already updated:

Kenta: https://www.dropbox.com/s/79p8zxj0hqo2lg...a.pdf?dl=0
Ranunculus: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tezk84e1wbxhp...s.pdf?dl=0
Razer: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjlqp00mbbs9o7...n.pdf?dl=0

14-04-2018 12:53:10
SageGenesis Offline

A reminder:

Houserules

Second Wind
Instead of once per encounter, this is an at-will ability but it’s still a standard action. Your race provides you with an extra benefit whenever you Second Wind.

Inherent Awesomeness
The game mechanic of “inherent bonuses” makes sure your math scales up without the need to keep replacing your weapon and armor with a new upgraded version every five levels or so. On a critical hit, deal the maximum normal damage and add an extra d6 per tier.

Gearing Up
Most types of magic items don’t exist, but there are still magic weapons and accessories (mostly rings). These will provide handy perks rather than mandatory math-boosts. Unique pieces of training and boons will also be available to teach you unusual abilities. In addition, consumables will be for sale at the shops. These items have set benefits scaled for certain levels and will rapidly become obsolete if you hoard them endlessly, so don’t be a pack rat.

Dea- I mean, “Exhaustion”
If you fall in battle, you can be revived at a church without too much trouble.

None Of You Are Safe
In basic 4e, all saving throws require a roll of 10+. I'll be borrowing a principle from 13th Age and that's no longer the case; the standard saving throw is 11+ (meaning an exact 50-50 chance) but some variations can happen, particularly with notably weak or strong opponents. Effects that can be "spammed" will also likely have lower save target numbers.
If you score a critical hit with an attack that imposes a save-ends effect, that save is 2 higher.
The maximum save target number is 16+, even on a crit.

Escalation
We'll be sort of borrowing the Escalation Die mechanic from 13th Age. It helps to keep things moving along and it will be useful to triggering special abilities. From the player side of the screen, all you really need to know is this:
There will be a special d6 put on the table. On the first round it reads 1, the second round it reads 2, and so forth, up to the maximum of 6. PCs add this number to all of their attack rolls.

Action Points
Rather than being difficult with tracking resources and milestones, you just have a single action point each battle. Use it or lose it. You don't start the encounter with this action point. When you roll initiative, also roll a d6. You get your action point when the escalation die reaches that number; this is to prevent the first round from being a full double-action wave of violence each and every combat.

02-06-2018 08:55:39
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

These are all (still) very well thought out house rules. I (still) really like this. Smile

02-06-2018 16:46:18
wolfy Online
Posting Freak

Can I haz PDF for Shen Wei Li?

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Shusen.net weblog like thingie Smile.
02-06-2018 20:08:31
SageGenesis Offline

Character sheets of all PCs who will be joining us:

Equanina (Hyung)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnw8q3hnr6ms9j...a.pdf?dl=0

Hadebrand Wigsen (Mark)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpxs8o2aau5d1c...n.pdf?dl=0

Kenta (Jeroen)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/79p8zxj0hqo2lg...a.pdf?dl=0

Mister Mayaku (Jelte)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uscxg4ivsw6bkj...u.pdf?dl=0

Razer Strasson (Robin)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjlqp00mbbs9o7...n.pdf?dl=0

Rex (Melchior)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0dacjjsbpt23mcc/Rex.pdf?dl=0

Shen Wei Li (Wolf)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t5l5mqac2i67f...i.pdf?dl=0

03-06-2018 00:38:03
SageGenesis Offline

Not featured on the sheets are the houseruled racial effects. So, in the same alphabetical order:

Equanina
Divine centaur

Basic Traits

Speed: 8
Saving Throws: +5 vs slowed, +2 vs immobilized
Second Wind: Also shift up to 2 squares, or 4 squares if you were bloodied

Unique Traits

Aid and Comfort
You may perform Aid Another, Aid Attack, Aid Defense, and Stabilize the Dying with minor actions instead of standard actions.

Covenant of the Sun
Once per day, as a minor action, you may invoke the intervention of the goddess Apollyon. The exact effects differ but always calls forth a hallowed region, an angelic being, rune of power, or other such manifestation.
In game terms: this creates a random trap or hazard onto the battlefield. It will never attack you (and rarely if ever other priests) and tends to favor attacking your enemies over your allies, but the goddess works in mysterious ways.

Hadebrand Wigsen
Martial Human

Basic Traits

Speed: 6
Saving Throws: +1 to all
Second Wind: Also make a saving throw against one effect, or a save against every effect if you were bloodied

Unique Traits

The Tank
You have resist all 1/2/3 (scales by tier).

Weapon Trinity
Once per round, you may use a free action to swap between a sword, axe, or spear. Depending on which one you have equipped, you gain certain benefits.
Sword: You may have two stances active at the same time. Your melee attacks also have +1 crit range against people who use axes.
Axe: Your melee attacks are Brutal 2 and High Crit. Your melee attacks also have +1 crit range against people who use spears.
Spear: Your melee attacks have +1 reach and your Defender’s Aura is +1 size. Your melee attacks also have +1 crit range against people who use swords.

(For the purpose of this ability, pretty much every weapon falls under one of these categories. Axes includes hammers and maces, spears includes polearms and staves, etc. Enemies wielding ranged weapons are treated as whatever you like.)

I've taken the liberty of adding an axe and spear to your character sheet, in such a way that your attacks will last all three options pre-calculated.

Also, never try to dual-wield a sword and an axe at the same time. The game will crash to desktop.

Kenta
Martial Centaur

Basic Traits

Speed: 8
Saving Throws: +5 vs slowed, +2 vs immobilized
Second Wind: Also shift up to 2 squares, or 4 squares if you were bloodied

Unique Traits

Point-Blank Shot
If you make a ranged attack against a target within 5 squares, your attack ignores cover, superior cover, and concealment (but not total concealment).

Siege Shells
Due to the superior weapons you use, critical hits with your ranged weapon deal +1d12 damage per half-tier instead of +1d6 per tier.

Mister Mayaku
Arcane human

Basic Traits

Saving Throw: +1 to all
Second Wind: Also make a saving throw against one effect a save can end. If you were bloodied, you may make a save against each such effect.

Unique Traits

Aether Revolt
Against any "save ends" ability that is magical in origin, you may make saving throws at the start of your turn instead of at the end. If successful this avoids the effect on your turn.

Tempest
Any time you cast Magic Missile, roll a d20. On a natural 20 it critical hits, dealing double damage plus your normal critical hit bonus. In addition, whenever you cast an Encounter or Daily evocation spell, you may also cast Magic Missile as a free action.

He also happens to have:
Spyglass
It's worth, like, a thousand bucks or something

When peering through this object, you receive a +3 bonus to vision-based Perception checks. As a minor action you can choose one square within range 20 of you. For the rest of your turn, you have truesight with regards to that chosen square and all adjacent ones. (In other words, you perfectly see a 3x3 section.)

Razer Strasson
Martial/Ninja Beastman

Basic Traits

Saving Throws: +2 vs ongoing damage
Second Wind: Your healing surge value is 3/4/5 higher. (Already incorporated on the sheet.) In addition, if you Second Wind while bloodied, you also gain 3/4/5 temporary hit points.

Unique Traits

Nezumi Shinobi
When you roll initiative, you may use your Stealth check bonus instead of your normal bonus. If you act before any enemies then you may start the combat hidden in a location of your choosing (within reason, you can’t place yourself in a location you couldn’t reach).

Skitter
You may Shift as a minor action instead of a move action.

Rex
Arcane/Primal Beastman

Basic Traits

Second Wind: Your healing surge value is 3/4/5 higher. (Already incorporated on the sheet.) In addition, if you Second Wind while bloodied, you also gain 3/4/5 temporary hit points.

Unique Traits

Luna’s Rage
Non-silvered weapons can’t score critical hits on you. Spells which score a critical hit against you deal maximum damage but no bonus damage on top of that, unless the spell is somehow silver- or moon-related.

Scent of the Prey
You have Blindsight with a radius of 3. Because you rely on keen regular senses, this can be foiled in some situations. For instance, underwater or in an area with overpowering stench.

Shen Wei Li
Martial/Ki Beastman

Basic Traits

Unique Traits

Drinking is Thirsty Work
You have a nearly endless supply of secret panda brews on you, concocted from moonshine hooch, bamboo juice, and exotic teas. At the start of each battle, the DM will assign you a randomly determined potion. It works only for you and is lost if you don’t use it this encounter.

Pandamonium
As a minor action, you may enter or end the Drunken Stance. While in this stance, you have the following effects:
  • At the start of each turn in combat, roll a d6. (On the turn you activate the stance, roll it immediately.)
  • You ignore the escalation die. Instead, add the drunken stance die to attacks, saving throws, and skill checks.
  • If an attack misses you and would do half damage, it instead deals no damage to you.
  • Your speed is reduced by one-half the drunken stance die.

03-06-2018 00:47:04
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Excited.

03-06-2018 09:58:24
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Do we have a recap of last year somewhere?

03-06-2018 10:16:04
nar Offline
Posting Freak

we were awesome. there was a bear. i ate far too much on at least 2 of the 3 days. jasper's home is delightful. his neighbours were less pleased with us than could be considered optimal. mike makes one hell of a mean pulled pork.

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
i am a motherfucking ray of goddamn sunshine, i am.
03-06-2018 11:13:20
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

That's about as far as I got ^_^

03-06-2018 11:22:05
SageGenesis Offline

We don't. But the short version is:

You're (mostly) all students at The Academy, which is by the village of Tutoria in the kingdom Icosa. As the more advanced students you would go out under the guidance of Mister Mayaku, your homeroom teacher, to undertake some basic quests.

First you were called upon to rid a town of some goblins who were lairing in a nearby cave. You discovered they had fallen under a sinister influence (probably demonic?) and vanquished the evil.

On the second quest you ventured towards an ancient ruin, freshly discovered underneath a town church during renovations. Unfortunately, evil mercenaries and bandits had taken over the place with the intent to loot everything of value and sell it on the black market. In the name of justice, archaeology, and experience points, you set out to rid the town of these interlopers.

But then! A third party crashed the... party. And ambushed your... party fuck let me try that again.

But then! A new enemy arrived on the scene and attacked you! Ok much better.

Soldiers of the Moebius Empire, under the command of Capitan Cordera de Muton!

[Image: Capitan%20Cordera%20de%20Mutton.jpg]

You fought bravely but in the end were defeated and captured, taken to the Skyhold, an island-prison flying high in the sky. It seemed like it was all over when at night, each of our heroes received a strange dream from ancient spirits, and fabulous secret powers were revealed to them.

They had become a fighting team like those from the ancient legends: a Shining Force!

Aided by the spirits, the heroes escaped their cells and fought their way out. They hijacked an airship and set sail.

But little do our heroes know that they're headed straight for...

Titan Town

03-06-2018 11:24:15
SageGenesis Offline

Also as a reminder, the various Great Spirit powers which you guys have. I must admit, I'm not sure who got which. But I'm sure you guys remembered your own powers.

Ares

Overwhelming Destruction
Add half the escalation die’s value to all your damage rolls, rounded down.
• Level 11: Add the full escalation die.
• Level 21: Add double the escalation die.

Might of Ares
Encounter / Minor Action
Requirement: You must be bloodied.
You may make up to two at-will attacks.
• Level 11: These attacks deal half damage on a miss.
• Level 16: You may make up to three attacks instead.
• Level 21: If they hit, these attacks also deal ongoing 10 damage (11+ save ends). If used on the same target, they stack.

Atalanta

Patient Huntress
When the escalation die reaches 5+, increase the crit range of all your attacks by 2.
• Level 11: When the escalation die reaches 4+.
• Level 21: When the escalation die reaches 3+.

Arrow of Atalanta
Daily / Standard Action
Unleash an “arrow” of thunder, traveling a path 3 squares wide and 20 squares long. Make the following attack against each enemy in the path;
Attack: Highest ability score +2 vs. Reflex
Hit: Thunder damage equal to three times your level.
• Level 11: This attack now deals half damage on a miss.
• Level 16: The attack becomes highest ability score +4 vs. Reflex.
• Level 21: Roll a d6 at the start of each battle. On a 5+, this power recharges.

Athena

Special Tactics
Whenever you roll a natural 18+ on an attack roll, you may advance the escalation die by 1. If it’s already at the maximum of 6, then instead gain an action point. (This ability can trigger only once per round.)

Cunning of Athena
Daily / Minor Action
You and each ally can take a move action.
• Level 11: You and each ally can take a move action or a non-attack standard action.
• Level 16: You and each ally can take a move action and a non-attack standard action.
• Level 21: Roll a d6 at the start of each battle. On a 5+, this power recharges.

Cerberus

Eternal Guardian
When you’re bloodied, roll a bonus d4 on all saving throws.
• Level 11: The bonus die becomes a d6.
• Level 21: The bonus die becomes a d8.

Vigilance of Cerberus
Daily / Minor Action
You may designate up to six squares of your choice on the battlefield. These squares are difficult terrain to your enemies, but not to you or your allies.
• Level 11: You may select up to eight squares.
• Level 16: Enemies who enter a chosen square take 5 damage.

Hades

Fate of the Dead
Roll a bonus d4 on all attack rolls against bloodied creatures.

Dominion of Hades
Daily / Standard Action
Each bloodied creature in the battle takes necrotic damage equal to your healing surge value.
• Level 11: This ability no longer targets dying allies.
• Level 16: Minions must roll an 11+ save or be snuffed out.

Hekate

Sinister Witchcraft
When the escalation die reaches 5+, all enemies take a -2 penalty to saving throws.
• Level 11: When the escalation die reaches 4+.
• Level 21: When the escalation die reaches 3+.

Curse of Hekate
Encounter / Minor Action
Choose one enemy within 5 squares and roll a d10.
1 The target is blinded (save ends 11+)
2 The target is immobilized (save ends 11+)
3 The target is marked by you or an ally of your choice (save ends 11+)
4 The target falls prone
5 The target is slowed (save ends 13+)
6 The target is weakened (save ends 9+)
7 The target grants combat advantage until the start of your next turn
8 The target takes damage equal to 10% of its maximum hit points
9 Slide the target up to 3 squares
10 The target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls on its next turn
• Level 11: You may roll twice and pick the result (reroll duplicates).
• Level 16: You may roll twice and use both results (reroll duplicates)

Icarus

Soaring Ambition
When the escalation die is 3+, you gain +2 speed.
• Level 11: You gain +3 speed instead
• Level 21: Instead, add the escalation die’s value to your speed.

Wings of Icarus
Daily / Minor Action
Great wings of golden light sprout from your back for the rest of the scene. During this time, all your attacks roll 2d20 and you take the highest die. However, for each rolled die which misses, you take damage equal to your own level. This damage can’t be prevented or reduced.
• Level 11: You also gain resist fire and holy [5 * tier].
• Level 16: You also gain a fly speed of 5.

Medusa

Wreathed in Serpents
Whenever an enemy misses you with a melee attack, they take poison damage equal to the escalation die’s value.
• Level 11: The damage is double the escalation die.
• Level 21: The damage is triple the escalation die.

Eyes of Medusa
Daily / Minor Action
Make the following attack against each enemy in a close blast 5;
Attack: Highest ability score +2 vs. Fortitude
Hit: Slowed and ongoing [tier * 5] damage (14+ save ends both).
• Level 11: On a natural 19+ attack roll, the target is also dazed until the save succeeds.
• Level 16: The attack becomes highest ability score +4 vs. Fortitude.

Lyssa

Raging Madness
When you’re bloodied, roll a bonus d4 on all attack rolls.

Frenzy of Lyssa
Daily / Standard Action
Dominate one normal enemy or up to five enemy minions until the start of your next turn.
• Level 11: The dominated target(s) can also take a minor action on their turn.
• Level 16: You can now also choose to target a single enemy elite, but it doesn’t get a minor action on its turn.

Phoenix

Ashes of the Sun
When you score a critical hit, the target also takes ongoing 5 radiant and fire damage (11+ save ends).
• Level 11: The ongoing damage increases to 10.
• Level 21: The ongoing damage increases to 15.

Rebirth of the Phoenix
Daily / Reaction when you fall to zero hit points
You may immediately use your second wind.
• Level 11: You may also deal [tier * 10] fire damage to all adjacent enemies.
• Level 16: You may now use your second wind twice.

12-06-2018 16:57:05
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Pretty sure I was Phoenix

12-06-2018 17:34:47
scroipt Offline
Posting Freak

Cerberus was mine

`Je n'avais pas besoin de cette hypothèse-là' --Pierre-Simon, Marquis de Laplace
14-06-2018 15:39:10

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
float: right;