RE: Summer campaign
Irrespective of succes or failure, I'd take memorable any time. ^_^
14-06-2017 21:44:39
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

The Witch in the Water

The creature came floating upward through the water. Drenched and somehow dry, horrid and majestic, it offered to lift the King's curse from our unfortunate friend Hakim the Rotten Bastard. She was a hag of obvious power and according to ancient texts, we could not suffer her to live. However, we brave warriors of justice, could not hurt the creature with our useless and primitive weapons and our attempts to harm her were in vain.

It was Hakim who convinced us to let her speak. Hear her out, as he so well put it. For her to make her offer: Give her three drops of our blood and she shall cure Hakim. Poor gullible Owain was as always intrigued by a good story. He buckled and fell for the trick, hoping to solve an impasse. I'm not sure what happened, but I don't believe the Human oaf will ever be the same.

At that moment our bravest warriors Grimgor and Corneak came back from their fruitful foraging mission and knew what the creature was and what needed to happen. The battle was infuriating. Corneak knew her weakness, but could not keep close enough to destroy the horrible hag. Owain did not fight on our side at all, clearly enchanted by the creature. Immortal Grimgor spattered his own blood helplessly over the witch, giving her what she wanted. The witch escaped, leaving us to tend to our wounds and wounded. Rarely have I felt this powerless in battle.

The great immortal warrior Grimgor has clearly lost his sanity after attempting to battle the sorcerous siren. Perhaps a small price to pay as long as his axehand is strong and focused. He is somewhat more eloquent now. Let's consider that our victory of the day.

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
(This post was last modified: 15-06-2017 14:39:15 by JLT*.)
15-06-2017 14:38:28
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tiamat Offline

This is great! Grin

I also really liked your use of rhymes btw ^_^
15-06-2017 21:47:54
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

The Duck-billed Gargantuan Beaver monster

We could spot the monstrosity from a mile away as it was devouring villagers and destroying homes. It seemed like a colossal beaver had wooed a giant duck, a gluttonous god had sat on their poor offspring and this thing was the result. The abomination was the size of two elephants and continued on a bloodthirsty rampage through the flooded riverlands and there was no one to stop it. No one except us brave adventurers on our way to the treasure of the ancients.

We surrounded the creature using spears and sharp sticks, while brave Hector sneaked closer and climbed the furry creature from a hind leg. We had not anticipated the monster's skalding water spray, and Grimgor endured the brunt of that attack. The Immortal used a well placed swearword instead of the normal grunting we were used from him. I do like the half orc better this way.

Corneak and Owain hacked away at the thing's sides before being flung a few yards by a hit from the hissing creature's flat tail. Now that looked immensely painful. I myself sent quite a few arrows its way, but I believe it was brave Hakim who plunged a bloody knife through the great beast's left eye. My friend has become somewhat more reckless with his life. perhaps he feels himself getting closer to the gods with each passing day that curse eats away at him. Hector the Assassin landed the final, massive blow from a vantage position above the nape of the mongrel's distorted neck. The loud snapping sound was both reassuring and satisfying.

We took a bit of time to cut some meat of this thing. Had we more time to spare or perhaps a better cook, this prize could have us fed for a week. However, for now we seared, cooked and smoked a few prime bits and hurried on our way.

(This post was last modified: 16-06-2017 10:32:15 by JLT*.)
16-06-2017 10:21:30
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tiamat Offline

I like this a lot.

Mooi dat je ook iets van waardering voor Mel's character weergeeft. Ik was sowieso blij dat jullie de characters van Mel en Tristan in de groep wilde laten. Ik denk dat dit de enige juiste mannier is om met dit soort issues om te gaan.

Characters do and can make a wide range of decisions that are still feasibly in-character. These are often driven by both character and game concerns. I see nothing wrong with that. Therefore, players can, at times of conflict, come together to decide on a common approach. Once players agree, characters can easily follow. Also, it's part of the social contract to let others play their own characters as long as they do not step on group fun. It's therefore up to Trizzie and Mel to play or abandon their new characters. The party, including new and improved Owain and Grimgor, should reforge the bonds. I will not hereafter take agency from Mel and Tristan's characters. Also, I will not put them in conflict with the party unless you, for some insane reason, were to return and go after the witch again. There should be some party XP reward in it if you guys can seamlessly reintegrate Mel, Tristan's, and Arik's new characters in the group.

Also, Mel and Tristan, your characters retain some to most (your choice) of the memory of their old character and also some to most (again your choice) of the memory of their new reincarnated characters. You can therefore choose to come up with some additional background from a different life if you wish. You can also change some of the skill proficiencies your characters have if you'd like to signify the change in personality or if these better fit your new mental ability scores.
(This post was last modified: 17-06-2017 11:41:29 by Tiamat.)
17-06-2017 10:28:57
SageGenesis Offline

(17-06-2017 10:28:57)Tiamat Wrote:  Arik's new characters in the group.

I believe we agreed that Hakim is left alive, but a withered husk back left on the carts? Kept around as sort of a font of "wisdom" and a mascot?

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
17-06-2017 10:37:28
Tiamat Offline

(17-06-2017 10:37:28)SageGenesis Wrote:  
(17-06-2017 10:28:57)Tiamat Wrote:  Arik's new characters in the group.

I believe we agreed that Hakim is left alive, but a withered husk back left on the carts? Kept around as sort of a font of "wisdom" and a mascot?

I think that is best. Hakim is now an NPC that you can still roleplay. It would allow us to say our goodbyes to Hakim and free up space for your new character. Also, since you guys are in a village at the moment, your new character can enter the party at the beginning of the session.
17-06-2017 10:50:56
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

The Guardian

Another rotten day, another village in disarray. I should stop writing in rhyme for it takes up too much of my time. And it did not help against the witch in the slightest.

This village was near a broken dam, the hovel being beset by a man-shaped stone statue about three Dwarfs tall. The golem did not seem interested in the panicking villagers, however. Its aim seemed to involve building materials and a lot of them. That there were people residing in the buildings this guardian was haphazardly tearing apart did not seem to phase the figure in the slightest. It needed bricks and logs to repair the dam. Or build one. Or perhaps create a stream strong enough for it's mechanical clockwork to initiate or firestart (waterstart?) its magic. This is all speculation of course.

When Owain told us about these back in the tavern where I met the bard, what now seems a lifetime ago (a human lifetime, this is a normal workweek for myself), he said: “It is protected by sleepless and indestructible Guardians”. I am not sure this sorry excuse for an automaton was what was meant. This stone thing seemed erratic. Panicking almost. Trying to create something to fix itself and failing. Whatever it was, it was big, but not as daunting as the Guardians that had plagued my trance for these last few nights. Less spidery legs for one, no magic eyebeam for another.

Brave Hector proposed to sneak, scout and investigate this thing, the rest of us taking position in and around the broken houses near its dam. Hector helped us find out multiple things:
1. This thing had a magical dodecahedron shaped runestone in its head.
2. The statue is not extra vulnerable against surprise attacks against its dodecahedron rune.
3. Being able to run really fast is a huge perk.
The swift and skilled Elf lured the golem into our ambush. Although it was highly resistant to most of our attacks, I would certainly not have called it indestructible. With a lot of group effort, some divine violence from Corneak and some heavy hits to the face of Grimgor (again a well placed swearword, chapeau), our team destructed this thing into rubble.

Note: Grimgor now wishes to be addressed as Skarsnik. Must be an Orc coming of age thing. Let us respect his ways.

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2017 22:27:00 by JLT*.)
18-06-2017 21:22:43
Tiamat Offline

It's cool to have a chronicler in the party; you should do an expedition leader's log. Combine these posts and post them in the dropbox.

PS. If you weren't the expedition leader before, the loss of Owain and Hakim would make you one. Perhaps not the best spot as the position seems cursed ^_^
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2017 08:46:33 by Tiamat.)
19-06-2017 08:45:20
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

(19-06-2017 08:45:20)Tiamat Wrote:  It's cool to have a chronicler in the party; you should do an expedition leader's log. Combine these posts and post them in the dropbox.

Way ahead of you. If dropped it in yesterday

(19-06-2017 08:45:20)Tiamat Wrote:  PS. If you weren't the expedition leader before, the loss of Owain and Hakim would make you one. Perhaps not the best spot as the position seems cursed ^_^

Ill pass. For all I care Owain is still Owain and he leads this thing.. I'll just keep myself busy with all the arrangements, the budgets and the chronicles.

(This post was last modified: 19-06-2017 09:33:49 by JLT*.)
19-06-2017 09:30:44
Tiamat Offline

(19-06-2017 09:30:44)JLT* Wrote:  
(19-06-2017 08:45:20)Tiamat Wrote:  It's cool to have a chronicler in the party; you should do an expedition leader's log. Combine these posts and post them in the dropbox.

Way ahead of you. If dropped it in yesterday

(19-06-2017 08:45:20)Tiamat Wrote:  PS. If you weren't the expedition leader before, the loss of Owain and Hakim would make you one. Perhaps not the best spot as the position seems cursed ^_^

Ill pass. For all I care Owain is still Owain and he leads this thing.. I'll just keep myself busy with all the arrangements, the budgets and the chronicles.

Stay one step ahead and you may still survive this thing. The platypus was during the third day btw. Smile
19-06-2017 09:47:58
Tiamat Offline

Deep summerlovin' next Tuesday. Over the next couple of days, I'll be prepping the game. It would greatly appreciate it if you could find some time to level your character and post your updated character in the dropbox.

Also please, shortly revisit your character. It would help me tremendously if you're familiar with your class and race abilities.

Second, it would also help if you're familiar with the actions you could take: https://crobi.github.io/dnd5e-quickref/p...ckref.html

Last, do a short recap of what happened last time and refamiliarize yourself with any roleplaying aspects you consider important
for your character—e.g., background, goals, mannerisms etc. These things shouldn't take you a lot of time, but ensures we can keep things moving and make this a better game for all involved.
24-06-2017 12:12:47
Tiamat Offline

For those of us that hate to lose our characters prematurely, I'd like to suggest the lucky feat. It may not be the most flashy option, but it may save you from adversity.
26-06-2017 21:52:42
SageGenesis Offline

Ik kreeg een roosterwijziging door wegens zieke collega's, en nu moet ik morgen erg vroeg op. Helaas moet ik afzeggen voor vanavond.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
27-06-2017 06:16:23
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

(27-06-2017 06:16:23)SageGenesis Wrote:  Ik kreeg een roosterwijziging door wegens zieke collega's, en nu moet ik morgen erg vroeg op. Helaas moet ik afzeggen voor vanavond.
Sad Ze zouden ziek zijn moeten verbieden.

27-06-2017 08:20:03
Tiamat Offline

Balen, maar shit happens.

Wel is het zeer goed mogelijk dat Hakim het einde van de sessie niet redt. Ook is het misschien beter je nieuwe character al te introduceren. Dat wordt moeilijker aangezien ik vermoed dat jullie de "beschaving" snel gaan verlaten en het niet gemakkelijk is voor individuen om jullie achter na te komen.
(This post was last modified: 27-06-2017 08:42:45 by Tiamat.)
27-06-2017 08:41:04
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

@ Arik, Anders kom je even een uurtje, ga je daarna naar bed ^_^

27-06-2017 09:26:12
Tiamat Offline

Arik, je bent meer dan welkom voor een uurtje, maar ik kan me goed voorstellen dat dat het gewoon net niet waard is en dat je die tijd liever besteed om te unwinden. Zie maar, ik reken niet op je komst, maar als je besluit even langs te komen is er een plek voor je aan de tafel. ^_^
27-06-2017 09:39:14
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Ik heb Mobile feat gekozen en mijn level aangepast in mn Sekhem excel, dat zou meteen hp moeten fixen, is er nog iets wat ik mis?

27-06-2017 12:30:13
Tiamat Offline

That should about cover it.
27-06-2017 13:41:37
Tiamat Offline

You did very well last night. I was impressed.

You killed the Giant Pike that could have caused some difficulties later on. You discovered valuable scrolls and a golden ritual heaven ship. You even got some of the gold out through a clever use of spells and tools. You entered the dam and discovered many of the secrets therein that you could have easily missed. You also were careful to avoid its deadly traps.

Now you stand outside on the other side of the dam on a winding path towards the lakebed. I assume your entire party including carriers are standing outside as they had been following at a safe distance, right? Sekhem should let us know who is still part of your expedition and who stayed behind with the wagons. Also, Grishnak suggested you should take one of the miniatures to block the secret passage, but this is for next time.
28-06-2017 09:11:59
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

A restless night

After the destruction of the Guardian we took its dodecahedron rune and decided to make camp on the top floor of an abandoned house. We drove the oxen into the lower floors.

The night was a restless one. I believe the enemy was sending zombies our way to disturb our recovery. We were actually shot at by crossbows at one point. We returned the favour, but no one important was hurt in the exchange. We buried Hakim the next morning.

We met some helpful villagers, who were complaining about family members being abducted by slavers. I'll wager these slavers are our new enemies that were harrasing us throughout the night. One of the villagers was a capable healer and sage who wished to join our cause. We just lost one of our own and we never had a capable healer before, so we happily accepted her aid.

I'll need to devise a plan to get rid of our enemies soon. They are now actively assaulting our expedition and this needs to stop before we losr any more of our numbers.

(This post was last modified: 28-06-2017 12:10:47 by JLT*.)
28-06-2017 12:09:23
Tiamat Offline

(28-06-2017 12:09:23)JLT* Wrote:  We were actually shot at by crossbows at one point. We returned the favour, but no one important was hurt in the exchange. We buried Hakim the next morning.

Yikes
(This post was last modified: 28-06-2017 12:38:51 by Tiamat.)
28-06-2017 12:38:07
SageGenesis Offline

(28-06-2017 12:09:23)JLT* Wrote:  no one important was hurt in the exchange. We buried Hakim the next morning.

Angry

(28-06-2017 12:09:23)JLT* Wrote:  One of the villagers was a capable healer and sage who wished to join our cause. We just lost one of our own and we never had a capable healer before, so we happily accepted her aid.

Oh good, an NPC healer will be useful for when I introduce my Diviner Wizard. Smile

28-06-2017 18:42:18
Tiamat Offline

(28-06-2017 18:42:18)SageGenesis Wrote:  
(28-06-2017 12:09:23)JLT* Wrote:  no one important was hurt in the exchange. We buried Hakim the next morning.

Angry

(28-06-2017 12:09:23)JLT* Wrote:  One of the villagers was a capable healer and sage who wished to join our cause. We just lost one of our own and we never had a capable healer before, so we happily accepted her aid.

Oh good, an NPC healer will be useful for when I introduce my Diviner Wizard. Smile

Hahaha a diviner wizard is welcome if that's the character you want.
28-06-2017 18:47:12

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
float: right;