Dorkfest 2017 - 7/8/9 July
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Dorkfest 2017
Ah, do you have a link for me 2?

World's biggest squirrel!
08-03-2017 15:13:54
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline

Jasper:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdkda2vugkqjjv...r.pdf?dl=0

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
08-03-2017 15:29:31
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

so, link plz?

Licensed.
08-03-2017 16:15:01
SageGenesis Offline

Rex the wolfman:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/btbz93567xa16il/Rex.pdf?dl=0

And for everybody else, please do note that sheets will be replaced with versions which include your character's real name. So try to prioritize that if you can. Also gets you your special traits.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
08-03-2017 16:44:30
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

[Image: jh8yWtl.png]

Mayaku was a promising young Wizard. He had all the talent, skill and daring to become the next Great Wise One. Best of his class, head of the team.
That all changed after the Fairy Powder incident thirty years ago. After the dust cleared, Mayaku had been at the centre of the explosion. In such great amounts, the Powder is highly addictive and the young wizard could not withstand its call.
Since that day, every gold piece earned, every task performed, it all was instantly spent to purchase more Powder. And more Powder. Just to try to get back to that one moment of ultimate bliss that was the incident.
One morning, after his last rush of Powder, he found himself in a small village. Broke and homeless, the only thing left for Mayaku was to teach the young brats that live in this horrible little backwater of a town for a few more coins. Just for a few days.
Days turned into months, months into years and Fairy Powder has become increasingly rare and expensive. These days, Mead, healing herbs and power milk are a weak substitute for his great desire.
If only something would happen to help spark the potential of the great man he was promised to become.

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
08-03-2017 16:55:08
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline

For Ben:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/onee1rsouaq3c5...s.pdf?dl=0

08-03-2017 16:56:53
SageGenesis Offline

Oh look! A pixelated sprite! This really fits into the Shining Force mood!

*reads history of drug abuse*

Just... just take this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3khtqqpytads8f...u.pdf?dl=0

And here are your traits:

Jelte: Mayaku
Arcane human

Basic Traits

Speed: 6
Saving Throw: +1 to all
Second Wind: Also make a saving throw against one effect a save can end. If you were bloodied, you may make a save against each such effect.

Unique Traits

Aether Revolt
Against any "save ends" ability that is magical in origin, you may make saving throws at the start of your turn instead of at the end. If successful this avoids the effect on your turn.

Tempest
Any time you cast Magic Missile, roll a d20. On a natural 20 it critical hits, dealing double damage plus your normal critical hit bonus. In addition, whenever you cast an Encounter or Daily evocation spell, you may also cast Magic Missile as a free action.

08-03-2017 17:06:38
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

Character name: Sayf Bowtudy
Presenting, the most human looking Elf you ever met:
[Image: 67f9f10754a824574d1f0008a6349a39.jpg]

The fourth son in a rich and noble family, there was never any pressure for Sayf. He would never be the head of the family, he would never have to work a day in his life. He was home schooled, trained by the best swordsmen and arcane masters money could by. Mostly to ward off boredom.
Every now and then Sayf would travel to some of the nearby towns, deliver a message for father, pick up some fabrics for mother. Always accompanied by a hand full of guards, even though they were mostly useless in a fight compared to Sayf himself.

Then things changed when his father got drunk in a local bar and made a bet with the headmaster of a public school. Any one of his sons would easily ace anything a public school could offer. Even Sayf, the runt of the family.
And so, Sayf is suddenly attending class, forced to 'socialize' with his supposed peers...

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017 18:34:49 by Jazzper-11.)
08-03-2017 17:25:00
SageGenesis Offline

Ok. Link to new pdf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3vwnfl3myzhyfc5/Sayf.pdf?dl=0

Jasper: Sayf Bowtudy
Arcane/Martial Elf

Basic Traits

Speed: 6 (forest walk)
Saving Throw: +5 against charm and sleep
Second Wind: Also roll a d12, or a d10 if you were bloodied. If you roll equal to or lower than the amount of healing surges you’re currently missing, immediately gain an action point.

Unique Traits

Mirage
When you take the Shift action, you also gain concealment until the start of your next turn.

Onslaught
Your melee weapon attacks deal normal damage to enemies despite resistances, immunities, the incorporeal trait, or being weakened.

Also, a bonus magic item to the first player who can figure out the secret easter egg I've hidden in the racial traits. Maybe you currently have enough to figure it out. Maybe not, and others need to come up with names? Who knows? It is a mystery...

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017 19:15:16 by SageGenesis.)
08-03-2017 19:13:11
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Magic the Gathering themed?

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017 20:06:27 by JLT*.)
08-03-2017 20:03:47
SageGenesis Offline

Yes! All arcane characters have unique abilities named after Magic the Gathering expansions! Grin

I'll come up with a trinket for you later.

08-03-2017 20:07:37
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

That game was rigged. ^_^

08-03-2017 20:10:41
SageGenesis Offline

(08-03-2017 20:10:41)JLT* Wrote:  That game was rigged. ^_^

All games are rigged.

08-03-2017 21:08:05
nar Offline
Posting Freak

the house always wins...

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
i am a motherfucking ray of goddamn sunshine, i am.
09-03-2017 10:11:38
Little asian dude Offline

Okidoki, Character name: Equanina.
I haven't found a pic that matches how imagine her to look like, but think of something like:
[Image: Female-Centaur-Transparent.png]
But then clad in mail instead of plate, and with a mace instead of a lance, the shield is appropriate, though.

Equanina is a battle priestess adhering to the Sun Tenet. Her mother was a Sun Tenet battle priestess, as was her mother’s mother, etc. The lineage of battle priestesses goes all back to the old empire where her maternal ancestors were amongst the greatest vanguard healers, patching up cannon-fodder to be once more cannon-fodder to fight the great battles against the demons of old. Males in her family line have rarely chosen to be battle priests, one exception was Darius which is a different story altogether.

Shortly after the fall of the Old Empire, her branch of the family descended down to the free lands to end a dispute that had the family split in two, the reason lost to age. Since then the two branches have developed in their own direction. Equanina may still have distant kin in the current Moebius Empire, but communications between the two branches has remained severed after the initial break off. One aspect of both families is the continuation of the maternal battle priestess’s line.

The richness of knowledge passed on from mother to daughter has dwindled as the demands on the priestesses were much less than in during the great demon wars. The battle priestesses found themselves mostly performing first aid for town guards, or performaning menial tasks handed down from the local clergy, and rarely they were placed in full on battle situations, let alone large scale epic battles. Nonetheless, effort was put in retaining the knowledge and techniques from one daughter to the other.

Equanina is considerably small for a centaur, and youngest of the current family. Her elder peers have already left the home, seeking their own fortune. She really dislikes being used as a transport unit, be it cargo or bipedal creatures, especially bipedal creatures trying to piggy back ride may expect a hoof in the face. Her mother has recently completed her basic training and passed on her weapons and armor to her since she has decided to retire as battle priestess. Even though her minimal training as priestess is complete, she still needs to attend school.

Woops, it became a bit longer than I intended.

Pien is een draakje en Gijs een aapje.
(This post was last modified: 15-03-2017 13:47:09 by Little asian dude.)
15-03-2017 13:46:41
wolfy Offline
Posting Freak

Volgens mij is het nog niet 100% bevestigd, maar Dorkfest 2017 is in het weekend van 7, 8 en 9 juli?

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Shusen.net weblog like thingie Smile.
15-03-2017 14:36:03
SageGenesis Offline

Link to pdf:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gywppgbikmnvom...a.pdf?dl=0

Hyung: Equanina
Divine centaur

Basic Traits

Speed: 8
Saving Throws: +5 vs slowed, +2 vs immobilized
Second Wind: Also shift up to 2 squares, or 4 squares if you were bloodied

Unique Traits

Aid and Comfort
You may perform Aid Another, Aid Attack, Aid Defense, and Stabilize the Dying with minor actions instead of standard actions.

Covenant of the Sun
Once per day, as a minor action, you may invoke the intervention of the goddess Apollyon. The exact effects differ but always calls forth a hallowed region, an angelic being, rune of power, or other such manifestation.
In game terms: this creates a random trap or hazard onto the battlefield. It will never attack you (and rarely if ever other priests) and tends to favor attacking your enemies over your allies, but the goddess works in mysterious ways.

15-03-2017 14:58:17

Why does the last power make me feel like I didn't read the fine print?

Contract: Do you accept the terms and conditions?
Equanina: Who ever reads that stuff anyway?
*Clicks yes without second thought.*

15-03-2017 17:22:26
SageGenesis Offline

(15-03-2017 17:22:26)Little asian dude Wrote:  Why does the last power make me feel like I didn't read the fine print?

Priests never read the fine print. I mean, it's the goddess we're talking about here. If some gold obelisk descends from the sky and zaps your Fighter, well, he was surely having improper thoughts at some point in his life. It all works out.

15-03-2017 22:22:51
SageGenesis Offline

(08-03-2017 20:07:37)SageGenesis Wrote:  I'll come up with a trinket for you later.

And here we go. The magic item in question for Jelte is...

Spyglass
It's worth, like, a thousand bucks or something

When peering through this object, you receive a +3 bonus to vision-based Perception checks. As a minor action you can choose one square within range 20 of you. For the rest of your turn, you have truesight with regards to that chosen square and all adjacent ones. (In other words, you perfectly see a 3x3 section.)

16-03-2017 17:34:16

(15-03-2017 22:22:51)SageGenesis Wrote:  
(15-03-2017 17:22:26)Little asian dude Wrote:  Why does the last power make me feel like I didn't read the fine print?

Priests never read the fine print. I mean, it's the goddess we're talking about here. If some gold obelisk descends from the sky and zaps your Fighter, well, he was surely having improper thoughts at some point in his life. It all works out.

Fair enough, you'd better believe it!

16-03-2017 21:09:19
SageGenesis Offline

(15-03-2017 14:36:03)wolfy Wrote:  Volgens mij is het nog niet 100% bevestigd, maar Dorkfest 2017 is in het weekend van 7, 8 en 9 juli?

Ik denk dat we deze wel 100% kunnen bevestigen ondertussen.

17-03-2017 01:19:45
nar Offline
Posting Freak

i shall make a note!

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
i am a motherfucking ray of goddamn sunshine, i am.
17-03-2017 10:09:14
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

Om er voor te zorgen dat we ongemoeid kunnen Dorkfesten ga ik Elleke een weekendje weg sturen. Eventuele bijdragen hier aan vanuit de Dorkfesters zou enorm op prijs gesteld worden.

18-03-2017 15:59:21
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Oh jee, het is natuurlijk niet te bedoeling om Elleke haar huis uit te jagen..

Het kan als het lastig is ook wel hier bij ons? Smile

18-03-2017 17:35:28

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
float: right;