Dorkfest 2017 - 7/8/9 July
scroipt Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Dorkfest 2017
Misschien betekent bij mij meestal dat vrijdag niet kan overigens (of iig pas later)

En het weekeinde van 7 is het einde van de toetsweek van klas 5 dus je zal zien dat ik mijn toets vrijdag heb en maandag moet het nagekeken zijn....

`Je n'avais pas besoin de cette hypothèse-là' --Pierre-Simon, Marquis de Laplace
(This post was last modified: 28-02-2017 11:11:29 by scroipt.)
28-02-2017 11:08:04
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mirla Offline
Posting Freak

(28-02-2017 09:57:58)JLT* Wrote:  Ik heb m ook ingevuld. 25e kan ik niet op vrijdag..
ehm, de rest van dat weekend lijkt me ook niet super handig...
01-03-2017 18:15:18
SageGenesis Offline

Even kijken:

7-8-9 lijkt te kunnen. Mark kan moeilijk.
14-15-16 lijkt erop dat zowel Mark en Wolf niet zeker kunnen.
Daarna en lange periode waarop Jeroen niet kan, en dan allerlij anderen.

7-8-9 is toch echt de beste van het stel. Altijd vervelend als iemand niet kan, maar met 11 mensen gaat dat haast niet anders.

PS: Ben, jouw druid was een elf, toch?

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
04-03-2017 00:43:02
wolfy Online
Posting Freak

Ik heb 14-15-16 nog niet gepland, dus mocht dat beter uitkomen ben ik beschikbaar en pas ik de plannen gewoon aan Smile

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Shusen.net weblog like thingie Smile.
04-03-2017 07:10:08
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline

Right. Dan zou 14-15-16 kunnen, maar dan is Mark ook misschien. Dus ik weet niet of dat voor hem verschil uitmaakt? Mark? Het gaat vrijwel zeker een van die twee weekenden worden.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
04-03-2017 11:11:38
scroipt Offline
Posting Freak

14-15-16 weet ik inmiddels vrij zeker dat ik op school zit tot 1700. Ik ga wel proberen wat verplaatst te krijgen zodat ik op de 7e wel op een schappelijk tijdstip aan kan schuiven.

`Je n'avais pas besoin de cette hypothèse-là' --Pierre-Simon, Marquis de Laplace
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2017 12:49:15 by scroipt.)
04-03-2017 12:08:57
wolfy Online
Posting Freak

Dus het weekend van de 7e is voor jou dan de beste optie uit die twee weekenden?

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Shusen.net weblog like thingie Smile.
04-03-2017 19:29:24
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline

Time for some

Houserules

Second Wind
Instead of once per encounter, this is an at-will ability but it’s still a standard action. Your race provides you with an extra benefit.

Inherent Awesomeness
The game mechanic of “inherent bonuses” makes sure your math scales up without the need to keep replacing your weapon and armor with a new upgraded version every five levels or so. On a critical hit, deal the maximum normal damage and add an extra d6 per tier.

Gearing Up
Most types of magic items don’t exist, but there are still magic weapons and accessories (mostly rings). These will provide handy perks rather than mandatory math-boosts. Unique pieces of training and boons will also be available to teach you unusual abilities. In addition, a large variety of consumables will be for sale at the shops. These items have set benefits scaled for certain levels and will rapidly become obsolete if you hoard them endlessly, so don’t be a pack rat.

Dea- I mean, “Exhaustion”
If you fall in battle, you can be revived at a church without too much trouble.

None Of You Are Safe
In basic 4e, all saving throws require a roll of 10+. I'll be borrowing a principle from 13th Age, and that's no longer the case. The standard saving throw is 11+ (meaning an exact 50-50 chance) but some variations can happen, particularly with notably weak or strong opponents. Effects that can be "spammed" will also likely have lower save target numbers.
If you score a critical hit with an attack that imposes a save-ends effect, that save is 2 higher.
The maximum save target number is 16+, even on a crit.

Escalation
We'll be sort of borrowing the Escalation Die mechanic from 13th Age. It helps to keep things moving along and it will be useful to triggering special abilities. From the player side of the screen, all you really need to know is this:
There will be a special d6 put on the table. On the first round it reads 1, the second round it reads 2, and so forth, up to the maximum of 6. PCs add this number to all of their attack rolls.

Action Points
Rather than being difficult with tracking resources and milestones, you just have a single action point each battle. Use it or lose it.
You don't start the encounter with an action point. When you roll initiative, also roll a d6. You get your action point when the escalation die reaches that number; this is to prevent the first round from being a full double-action wave of violence each and every combat.

05-03-2017 21:51:25
Little asian dude Offline

Sound like shining force to me.

Pien is een draakje en Gijs een aapje.
05-03-2017 22:33:09
SageGenesis Offline

Also, I have figured out the unique race abilities of each PC (except Mike, who has yet to make a character). Some of those will be shared traits between other members of the same race but others will be unique to that character.

But here's the deal: I'll only reveal the abilities of named characters. A description or a picture would also be welcome, but a PC needs to have a name at the very least. Curious to learn what abilities you have? All you have to do is tell me your name.

And since "Hans the elven archer" is a legit Shining Force name, it's not as if we have high standards when it comes to naming conventions.

05-03-2017 22:43:23
scroipt Offline
Posting Freak

(04-03-2017 19:29:24)wolfy Wrote:  Dus het weekend van de 7e is voor jou dan de beste optie uit die twee weekenden?

Beste van de twee slechtste-maar-toch-technisch-gezien-wel-genoeg-beschikbaar opties idd.

05-03-2017 23:11:05
voh Offline
Grandmaster Yogurt

Jogurt is a valid Shining Force name.

Can we raise the standard at least to slightly above that? Tongue

robindevoh.com - NaNoWriMo prep & onwards, writin's the main topic.
05-03-2017 23:49:16
nar Online
Posting Freak

here's some info! nothing's set in stone and we can tweak stuff if anything i've come up with doesn't really fit what you've got in mind Smile

in thinking about my background, it occurs to me that we haven't discussed:
- how we all know each other
- why we're a party
- what the heck we're going to be doing

answering those last two might bring you close to revealing info you'd prefer to keep secret for a while longer yet, but a bit more info about why the story's going to happen to us could be useful. for instance, are we going to be playing the Chosen Ones card again?

--------------------
Ranunculus
Female elven druid

i'm thinking that Ranunculus is a teenage elf (or whatever passes for puberty in elves) going through something of a rebellious phase. a little punk, a little goth, a little Native American/First Nations; she'll introduce herself as Ranunculus and you can call her 'Ran' (or some other variation on Ranunculus) , 'Spearwort', 'Crowfoot' but for the love of god, do not call her 'Buttercup'. Just... fuck. that's what her mom and dad call her and it's so lame. (her parents're great people who are raising a strong young woman and who support their daughter in pretty much everything she does, which irritates the poor girl to no end).

not thinking of making her a brooding, moody, sarcastic teen; she's just looking to blaze some trails, push the envelope as regards some traditions and taboos, and cut loose a little.

her animal companion is an Asian black bear.
--------------------

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
i am a motherfucking ray of goddamn sunshine, i am.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2017 10:46:28 by nar.)
06-03-2017 10:27:49
SageGenesis Offline

(06-03-2017 10:27:49)nar Wrote:  in thinking about my background, it occurs to me that we haven't discussed:
- how we all know each other
- why we're a party
- what the heck we're going to be doing

You're all young-ish adventurers/heroes in training. In the free lands it's very common for kids to learn some skills with a weapon, or some magic or the like. There's monsters out there after all. You'd all live in the same town and attend the same school. As for why you'd then pack up, stick together, and go on adventure...

Well...

06-03-2017 12:01:10
nar Online
Posting Freak

aight Smile so would you say our classes are like our majors at school?

tvtropes.org?! you sonofabitch, i've got work to do today! Wink

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
06-03-2017 12:35:13
SageGenesis Offline

(06-03-2017 12:35:13)nar Wrote:  aight Smile so would you say our classes are like our majors at school?

It's not quite like that. Education is on a smaller scale with mentor-protégé training, like a guild. There's shared classes (basics on math, literacy, etc.) and group exercises, such as all martial characters in mock skirmishes, or obstacle courses for the most mobile students.

(06-03-2017 12:35:13)nar Wrote:  tvtropes.org?! you sonofabitch, i've got work to do today! Wink

My evil knows no bounds.

That said, if you're really stuck on the scientific name for "Buttercup" for your elf, I shall hereby reveal your racial boons.

Ben: Ranunculus
Primal Elf

Basic Traits

Speed: 6 (forest walk)
Saving Throw: +5 against charm and sleep
Second Wind: Also roll a d12, or a d10 if you were bloodied. If you roll equal to or lower than the amount of healing surges you’re currently missing, immediately gain an action point.

Unique Traits

Harmony
You can't roll a natural 1 on any d20 roll (attacks, checks, and saving throws).

Mark of the Wild
You resist fire, cold, and poison 2/5/10 (scales with tier).

06-03-2017 13:03:00
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

hah, no rolling 1 is perfect for Ben!

World's biggest squirrel!
06-03-2017 13:07:11
goldylox Offline
Parental Control Group

(06-03-2017 13:07:11)Jazzper-11 Wrote:  hah, no rolling 1 is perfect for Ben!

*Agrees!*

Miew mriewiew mrrr mriew prrrr!!!
06-03-2017 13:16:08
nar Online
Posting Freak

(06-03-2017 13:16:08)goldylox Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 13:07:11)Jazzper-11 Wrote:  hah, no rolling 1 is perfect for Ben!

*Agrees!*

*Agrees!* Grin

i'm totally down with Ranunculus ^^ i think it sounds cool, i love that it just means buttercup, and i think its hilarious that it's what her parents named her and that she's trying hard to distance herself from her hippie mom and dad.

thx for the goodies!

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
06-03-2017 13:34:35
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Rex
Wolfman berzerker, image search Worgen for an idea.

A young proud wolfman from one of the northern packs. After his dad was defeated by the alpha of a rival pack and the two groups merged, Rex preemptively chose exile over death.
After having spend some time in this town, working, making some friends, some enemies, he is almost ready to let go of some of his anger issues and call this place home.

Licensed.
06-03-2017 16:22:09
goldylox Offline
Parental Control Group

Kenta
Female centaur, Ranged Slayer.

[Image: Female-Centaur-PNG.png]

Backstory will follow Smile

Miew mriewiew mrrr mriew prrrr!!!
06-03-2017 16:33:37
nar Online
Posting Freak

@mel: that last bit there? that's a really nice touch ^^

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2017 16:33:53 by nar.)
06-03-2017 16:33:41
SageGenesis Offline

Melchior: Rex
Wolf Beastman

Basic Traits

Speed: 6
Saving Throws: +2 vs ongoing damage
Second Wind: Your healing surge value is 3/4/5 higher. (Already incorporated on the sheet.) In addition, if you Second Wind while bloodied, you also gain 3/4/5 temporary hit points.

Unique Traits

Luna’s Rage
Non-silvered weapons can’t score critical hits on you.

Scent of the Prey
You have Blindsight with a radius of 3. Because you rely on keen regular senses, this can be foiled in some situations. For instance, underwater or in an area with overpowering stench.

Jeroen: Kenta
Martial Centaur

Basic Traits

Speed: 8
Saving Throws: +5 vs slowed, +2 vs immobilized
Second Wind: Also shift up to 2 squares, or 4 squares if you were bloodied

Unique Traits

Point-Blank Shot
If you make a ranged attack against a target within 5 squares, your attack ignores cover, superior cover, and concealment (but not total concealment).

Siege Shells
Due to the superior weapons you use, critical hits with your ranged weapon deal +1d12 damage per half-tier instead of +1d6 per tier.

06-03-2017 16:41:28
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Could you email me a pdf version of my guy?

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
08-03-2017 10:50:10
SageGenesis Offline

(08-03-2017 10:50:10)JLT* Wrote:  Could you email me a pdf version of my guy?

I guess, but it's quicker for me to just post this link here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qicnow55jc8o0k...e.pdf?dl=0

08-03-2017 11:28:38

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
float: right;