Midsummer murder hobos
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Midsummer murder hobos
(24-05-2016 22:46:52)voh Wrote:  Stupid grown-up schedules.

I know, right…? Sad

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
24-05-2016 23:02:52
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tiamat Offline

(24-05-2016 23:02:52)JLT* Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 22:46:52)voh Wrote:  Stupid grown-up schedules.

I know, right…? Sad

I feel ya.
25-05-2016 09:18:39
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline

By the way, because forewarned is forearmed, last week I made a thread on RPGnet which lists the 5e monsters with unusually nasty abilities, broken down per type.

Link here

Eelco, I encourage you to use this to better prepare. Both so you avoid accidental problems that were unintended, and to bring about a greater threat for those occasions when you do intend it.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
25-05-2016 13:04:15
Tiamat Offline

Thanks! I had already seen and copied this extremely useful list when lurking the forum in prep. of returning to DM-ing.
25-05-2016 13:16:02
Tiamat Offline

I put a document on our DBox with some of the table practices that I'm planning to use. Obviously these are subject to change and open to suggestions. I also have a draft event description of the "Elf Wars" civil war that I will try to post tonight.
(This post was last modified: 25-05-2016 13:59:39 by Tiamat.)
25-05-2016 13:57:24
Tiamat Offline

(24-05-2016 22:46:52)voh Wrote:  I have heard nothing of the sort, sadly, but afaik it was mostly dependent upon his schedule. I'll leave that up in the air for now, though, but if it could be confirmed either way (wolf, mel, arik?) I would be pleased.

As for the 30th, again afaik (and just spoke to Ben about seeing one another again coming Monday), it's looking like that is happening. Should that change, of course we'd let you guys know Smile

Stupid grown-up schedules.

That's fine. Mel can no longer do the 30th, so we're fully committed to the 31st.
25-05-2016 14:03:51
voh Online
Grandmaster Yogurt

And everything has been confirmed all-round, so all good on the 14th Smile

robindevoh.com - NaNoWriMo prep & onwards, writin's the main topic.
25-05-2016 16:41:03
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tiamat Offline

Sent you a Skype message with the dropbox link; do you have access?
25-05-2016 16:51:30
voh Online
Grandmaster Yogurt

Yeah, I have access. It's not a shared folder, is it?

25-05-2016 18:15:10
Tiamat Offline

The Elf Wars

What is known as the Elf wars was a rebellion that pitted man against man, elf against elf. The war started as a local rebellion during the great famine. Elves from the Crimson Wood rebelled in protest of the unbearable harvest levies and draconic poaching laws of Lord Thesin's human constables. The rebellion quickly spread to other villages and included human trapper villages, Elves, and other sylvan races. Lord Thesin's troops were commanded by Elwarin, a high elf prince. Elwarin did not go easy on his kin and cracked down on the revolt with excessive violence, burning villages and farms wherever they could find the rebels. Proclaiming that he would “drain the sea in which the rebels swim.” The violence left many destitute. While the rebels gained new recruits, they were severely hurt by Elwarin’s brutal counter-guerrilla tactics.

Two years into the war, the tides turned when Elwarin’s sister Fhiele returned from her pilgrimage to Sylvan. In opposition to the onslaught, Fhiele rallied the High elf nobles, which were unhappy about their position at Lord Thesin’s court. Her combat prowess, firm grasp of tactics, and her popularity as heroin of the people, allowed Fhiele to assume command of the rebel forces. The rebels successfully fought back Elwarin’s forces.

After a bloody stalemate of three years, Fhiele negotiated a Truce with Thesin. She disbanded the rebels forces and assumed a position as Thesin’s second in command. At first, the people were happy about their victory and the concessions made. However, five years have since passed and it has become clear that very little has actually changed. Defeated, the people begrudgingly accepted their fate; those few that didn't were hunted down and hanged; the Crimson Wood Rebels are no more.

Also, if you haven't told me, I would like to know what motivates your character.
(This post was last modified: 25-05-2016 22:06:26 by Tiamat.)
25-05-2016 21:53:38
Tiamat Offline

I like grids and miniatures. Do we have access to these?
26-05-2016 13:09:59
voh Online
Grandmaster Yogurt

Okay, since it's getting close to Midsummer Murder Hobo day, how about we discuss some details on the what and how and when?

The question re: grids/miniatures - I got nuthin'.

I suggested my place and that seemed to be met with approval, but we haven't nailed that down yet. I'm still under the assumption that's where we're doing this thing Smile

Then there's the time - Probably after dinner? Like, 7? Or do we want to do something about dinner as well?

Looking forward to it Smile

29-05-2016 21:00:13
Tiamat Offline

Grids/minis: anyone got anything?

Location: Robin's place; some of us (incl. Me) will be needing an address

Time: Let's gather 18.30-19.00. If people'd like to make dinner plans, I would very much support that, but I won't be part of those myself.
29-05-2016 22:42:28
SageGenesis Offline

Grid/mini: nope

Time: Ok.

Dinner: Probably won't be joining for dinner.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
29-05-2016 23:02:06
voh Online
Grandmaster Yogurt

Grid/minis: Arik, didn't you have a vinyl grid? We used dice for minis with that one.

Location: Alrighty, the address is Vaartweg 19-3 (just after the split Havenstraat/Vaartweg).

Time: Let's make it 19:00 then, gives me some time to air out and clean up Smile

Dinner: If two won't be joining us, at least for the first time, no shared dinner. We can always discuss it if we want to change that later.

30-05-2016 06:22:18
nar Offline
Posting Freak

i think my homemade chalkboard grid survived the move and as i've got no plans for it in the near future, y'all'd be more than welcome to it Smile most of you've already seen it at some point, but for reference, it's about 1 m2 in size.

of course, it's not like i have it with me at the office. if you want it for tomorrow, someone'd have to swing by my place (amsterdam) to pick it up. otherwise, i could bring it over to robin's place next week, (assuming, of course, that i still have it. i'm pretty sure it's in my attic, though). if there's interest in it, i'll see if i can find it tonight.

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
i am a motherfucking ray of goddamn sunshine, i am.
30-05-2016 08:31:14
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Als iemand zin heeft mogen er bij mij minis en bord gehaald worden, ik heb wel graag het bord terug komende maandag, al is alles bespreekbaar.

De minis zijn ook gewoon van Eelco Smile

Vinyl bord van Arik en een doosje minis lijktme het handigst?

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
(This post was last modified: 30-05-2016 08:46:54 by JLT*.)
30-05-2016 08:45:57
SageGenesis Offline

(30-05-2016 06:22:18)voh Wrote:  Grid/minis: Arik, didn't you have a vinyl grid? We used dice for minis with that one.

It's at Wolf's place. I don't have the time or opportunity to pick it up.

30-05-2016 09:52:37
voh Online
Grandmaster Yogurt

Ben's offer sounds okay to me. Ben, what time are you generally @home from work?

30-05-2016 11:45:29
nar Offline
Posting Freak

I'm generally home by 18:00ish!

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
30-05-2016 12:01:38
voh Online
Grandmaster Yogurt

Hrrm. That is perfectly unworkable.

Eh, I can jury-rig a grid out of A4's for tomorrow and we can look into better options (i.e. arik's grid or ben's or jelte's) for next time Smile

30-05-2016 12:04:22
SageGenesis Offline

I can pick up my grid at Wolf's next week. So we'd only lack a grid this one time. Might be easier than Ben's.

30-05-2016 12:34:43
Tiamat Offline

I'll drop by Jelte tomorrow with the car. Smile
30-05-2016 17:13:36
voh Online
Grandmaster Yogurt

Then we'll arrange Ben's board for next time Smile

30-05-2016 21:29:23
nar Offline
Posting Freak

will look for it tonight then!

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
31-05-2016 10:16:03

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
float: right;