The Anime Thread
SageGenesis Offline

The Anime Thread
Japan is a land of strange and terrible things. Many of us don't watch much anime anymore but it's still a topic that's good for a laugh every now and then, because man those guys have some strange imaginations.

In this thread we can share news and opinions about anime. From the very good, the very bad, the very weird, or otherwise noteworthy.

First up...

DanMachi
Full title is Danjon ni Deai wo Motomeru no ha Machigatteiru DarĊ ka, which translates into: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

The premise is a fairly standard fantasy shows in the J-RPG sense. But the real reason you'd watch this show is to look at tits and asses, because there's quite a bit of that going around. The reason we're starting with this show is because of the single most improbable outfit ever. One character, the goddess Hestia, has a skin-tight white minidress with an open back and a blue ribbon tied in a loop which rests on her upper arms and goes underneath her breasts to provide some support like the world's most bizarre bra. Seriously. Here, watch.
http://safebooru.org//images/1399/5e33c3...ng?1466165
http://safebooru.org//samples/1397/sampl...pg?1463949
http://safebooru.org//images/1397/7b907f...pg?1464182

How does that even work?

Recommendation: Watch one episode if you want to see the outfit in action with your own eyes. But don't watch the whole series. If you've seen fantasy anime before, you've seen this one already.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
14-04-2015 12:34:05
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nar Offline
Posting Freak

RE: The Anime Thread
i figured those images'd be NSFW, but while i don't think i'd like to be caught looking at 'em in the office, they're not as bad as i was expecting Tongue

based on what i read on this show's wiki page about the "Loli Boob Goddess" and her rivalry with someone based on the size of their chests, i don't think this show is for me...

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
i am a motherfucking ray of goddamn sunshine, i am.
17-04-2015 07:57:54
SageGenesis Offline

I wouldn't post anything really NSFW without warning.

Anyway, as a reminder for Sabrina...

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid
The fourth of the "Nanoha" series, the shows where magical girls befriend each other through blasting them with beam attacks.

Recommendation: watch if you're Sabrina, otherwise avoid until you've seen the first three series.
Download link: http://haruhichan.com/page/anime/974/dow...vivid.html

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
17-04-2015 10:11:54
AlfaGirl Offline
Posting Freak

Hahaha I'll take that warning to heart Wink thx Smile

"MacGyver" is the equivalent of Vulcan vintage human horror television.
21-04-2015 10:09:14
SageGenesis Offline

And now for some anime news I never would've expected...

Dragonball is getting a new anime, and it starts in a few months.

Although Dragonball Z did get a new movie in 2013 and another one a few weeks back. Turns out those may have been warm-ups.

28-04-2015 22:21:26
SageGenesis Offline

Been a while since we updated, so let's talk about some of the more stupid shows.

Monster Musume is a typical harem show where one boy somehow gets the affection of a platoon of girls. The twist this time, all the girls are monsters. Literally. There's a harpy, a lamia, a centaur, a slime, a mermaid, and an "arachne" (which we would call a drider or spider-centaur). It's all fan service to the max, with the lamia achieving orgasm from having her tail's tip jerked off within the first three minutes of the show.

Recommendation: Watch if you want to be amazed by how blatant Japan can make this shit. Otherwise, no.

Bikini Warriors has 4-minute episodes of a typical fantasy party (Fighter, Paladin, Wizard, Dark Elf), all of whom are girls "armored" with bikini-shaped outfits. It plays some jokes about chainmail bikinis, JRPG cliches, and fan service. By showing you lots of fan service.

Recommendation: Sufficiently advanced parody is indistinguishable from the genuine article. Way too much panty shots and jiggling packed into just four minutes. The jokes don't justify it IMO.

Wakako-zake has 2-minute episodes, including a 30 second opening tune. It's about a young female office worker who grabs a bite to eat after work. That's it. That's really all there is to it. She orders food, eats it, and thinks about how nice this food is. Then the episode is over.

Recommendation: ... I don't get it. (On the plus side, no fan service whatsoever and the woman is just a normal person who thinks and acts like a sane human being.)

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2015 18:06:15 by SageGenesis.)
03-09-2015 18:05:03
SageGenesis Offline

A select few people here may recall an anime series called Tenchi Muyo. It received a third season in 2003 that was in some parts incomprehensible unless you really kept up with the supplementary materials (Tenchi novels, audio plays, and the GXP anime set in the same universe). And last year was the abominable Ai Tenchi Muyo series, which consisted of tons of four-minute episodes.

Why am I writing this?

Because they just announced season four. For a series that started in 1992.

Gotta admit, given the track record of the series I'm a bit skeptical.

17-10-2015 20:50:33
SageGenesis Offline

(03-09-2015 18:05:03)SageGenesis Wrote:  Been a while since we updated, so let's talk about some of the more stupid shows.

Ah yes, I remember those days, when I was young and innocent...

So any time I think to myself, "Japan is done, they have reached the height of stupidity" they come up with something new. Some deeper, dumber level of shit. In this case it's called:

Keijo!!!!!!!!

Yes, all those exclamation marks are part of the title.

What is it?

A sports/fighting show about girls who try to knock each other off a platform which floats in a pool, using only their boobs and their butts. It's a show of secret attack techniques, grudge match showdowns, and the fighting spirit all about boobs and butts.

Here, have a trailer and see for yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q5EzRxZRFg

What
The
Fuck

03-11-2016 16:03:24

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
float: right;