Dorkfest 2013
goldylox Offline
Parental Control Group

RE: Dorkfest 2013
(04-07-2013 18:43:33)wolfy Wrote:  Het is maar een suggestie, ik wist niet dat je 'boos' werd... Tongue

OH MY GOD!!!! HOW DARE YOU EVEN THINK OF MAKING FOOD IN MY HOME!
YOU INSULENT PIECE OF LIVERSAUSAGE DRAGGED THROUGH FEACIES OF WAFFLE FED DORFESTERS!
THAT YOU MAY BE DEVOURED BY SPACE PIRATES!!!

So enough sillyness for today Smile
But as for diner: If no-one complains bread with burgers is fine. It's just that I like to create a diverse meal and like to be in tah kitchahn Grin

Miew mriewiew mrrr mriew prrrr!!!
05-07-2013 13:40:29
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wolfy Online
Posting Freak

Grin

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Shusen.net weblog like thingie Smile.
06-07-2013 09:58:57
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
goldylox Offline
Parental Control Group

It has been decided!

These are @ 50% discount.
[Image: 000952720_001_braadworsten_300.jpg]

So last diner will be Hamburgers-á-lá-Wolf and Sausagefest Grin

07-07-2013 16:23:46
goldylox Offline
Parental Control Group

And for the beer:
What is the general opinion about Warsteiner/Jupiler or Palm.
Those are all also @ discount for 8.80/crate (9.80 for Palm) so I can get some of those.

And if peeps want something special: ALL foreign beers are with 25% discount, so thats things like weihenstephaner, Duvel, La Chouffe, Desperados ect ect. Do I need to buy some of those?

07-07-2013 16:46:40
nar Offline
Posting Freak

Heb zelf niet echt behoefte aan iets speciaals maar Jupiler of Palm vind ik prima opties Smile

mmmm Dorkfest + sausagefest ^^

hoe ziet t menu eruit eigenlijk?

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
i am a motherfucking ray of goddamn sunshine, i am.
07-07-2013 16:56:35
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Liever geen palm, ik wil wel pils Smile jup is lekker Grin

Zijn de charsheets van vorig jaar eigenlijk door de papierversnipperaar gegaan of liggen die nog ergens bij Jeroen of Arik?

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
07-07-2013 17:07:08
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nar Offline
Posting Freak

Ik moet ff kijken maar volgens mij heb ik mijn sheet en die van mike...

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
07-07-2013 17:42:03
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Ik heb alleen nog de Ivan van 2011 Smile

07-07-2013 17:43:11
SageGenesis Offline

(07-07-2013 17:42:03)nar Wrote:  Ik moet ff kijken maar volgens mij heb ik mijn sheet en die van mike...

You don't really need your old sheet, do you? Just go into the builder and level Sterling up from 15 to 16.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
07-07-2013 18:14:35
goldylox Offline
Parental Control Group

(07-07-2013 18:14:35)SageGenesis Wrote:  
(07-07-2013 17:42:03)nar Wrote:  Ik moet ff kijken maar volgens mij heb ik mijn sheet en die van mike...

You don't really need your old sheet, do you? Just go into the builder and level Sterling up from 15 to 16.

Not entirely true: Loot, gold and dust ect is only on the paper sheet. Luckily I have most of the unused items and loot on my charsheet ^.^

As for beer: There are 3 crates of HJ, 3 crates of Amstel and I'll get 3 more crates of Jupiler or Warsteiner. Equal in price but Jupiler is 25cl and Warsteiner 30cl each bottle. Anyone against Warsteiner or greatly in favour of Jupiler?

07-07-2013 20:13:13
nar Offline
Posting Freak

I can't say i really know Warsteiner and i feel that Jup is always tasty Smile

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
07-07-2013 20:23:30
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Ik vind jup iets lekkerder, Warfteiner is erg hoppig, een iets bitterder biertje. Jup drinkt dus wat lekkerder weg in grote hoeveelheden. Tongue

07-07-2013 20:41:31
nar Offline
Posting Freak

so i guess it's still up to me to remind us all of what happened last time? Tongue

Last year, Arik Wrote:Day. One.

Sterling, Voh, and Adran were sitting around in the Burning Man Inn, drinking and remembering the good times. You know, before the Gods started hating them and they could move around in peace. Then they were approached by two bald-shaved humans, servants of some mysterious master who wished to meet them. When they mentioned they would pay for their drinks, they agreed.

So later they met with this mysterious person. They were again at the inn, and there entered a humanoid figure clad fully in some sort of rubber/leather suit, covered head to toe to grant him his own private atmosphere. But later his servants removed his oddly-shaped helmet to reveal a face of pink skin, milky white eyes, and a cluster of tentacles stirring where you'd expect a mouth - this fellow was a mind flayer!

But it turns out he's on their side. The illithids wish to see the entity known as Gizibbemuthor born into the world. And for that it is best if the PCs are alive. And with their many ESP abilities, clairvoyants, and prophets, they had learned an important secret: the Gods can't reach the PCs while they're in Sigil. But they have recruited the help of an evil cabal of chronomancers to assassinate the PCs in the past!

Fortunately there also exists a counter-faction, Time Lords if you will, who strive to keep the timeline unpolluted by mortal interference. An agent of this faction will contact them soon. Since they are already dead in the past, there is a wave of causality rushing forward through time to erase their presences. They need to move quickly and accept the offer of this agent, for there is no time to lose! (Pun not intended.)

And indeed, the next day a Mysterious Cloaked Figure approached them. As she pulled back her hood, she revealed herself to be a woman named Vu.

(And this requires some background. In a campaign I play in, I play Deja. She's a shaman refluffed as a chronomancer. Her spirit companion is called Vu, and she's not a real spirit, she's a temporal echo from an alternative timeline. And now, in a different D&D campaign, we meet Vu. And you can probably guess what her own spirit companion/echo is called.)

Anyway, she told them what they already knew. Back in time to kill them, evil chronomancers, come with me if you want to live, that kind of thing. She told them that the first step is to identify the exact point of time where the assassination(s) occur. Time travelers tend to keep meticulous paperwork around, because there's always a lot of risk to run into other time travelers. And that's no good: if a timeline is altered more than once, it gets highly resistant to further change. It "ossifies" as it were. Which is good new for Vu and the Reapers: if they can prevent their assassinations, their own pasts will become "locked" and it can't be attempted a second time.

And so they sought out a portal which Vu manipulated to bring them to an odd demi-plane, where a grand structure was shifted away into Just A Second Ago, there at that point in space but always hidden in terms of time, inaccessible to normal people. There they met the gate keepers: one Fomorian Portal Lord, two quasi-undead soldiers whose lifelines were frozen in temportal stasis, and three odd spherical creaturres who were all gnashing mouth and teeth... they were Langoliers!

But the PCs kicked their asses. And now they move forward into the structure, which resembles a temple-palace built in a mish-mash of every architectural style that ever was and will ever be. What will they find inside...?

After killing the gatekeepers, the party proceeded into the complex. They fought their way towards a great, circular hall in which stood an enormous glass hill with a hole at the top. From that flowed forth an enormous column of sand, upwards. It's an hourglass flowing in reverse! The flow of sand had its own subjective gravity, so people could stand upon it and ride it "upwards" (which feels like going sideways) towards the top of the complex.

But they were ambushed halfway by fate-spinner spiders, and also there was a stirring in the sands... Suddenly an enormous cry!

SHAI! Huluuuuuuuud!

A vast sandworm was swimming inside the eternal river of flowing sands, and it meant to eat the interlopers!

The eladrin wizard, Lannae, nearly died inside the gullet of the worm. But she was saved at the very last second. And now the group ascends to the final guardians of this fortress, and the last obstacle before they learn when they have been killed...

The PCs reached the top of the sand-river-elevator and found themselves deposited into a relatively small, circular room. Along the outer edge were the numbers 1 through 12, like on the face of a clock. And in the center was a column of black stone, which cast a deadly shadow like a sundial. Inside the room where two wraith-like creatures of pure regret, called If Onlies. There were also the three leaders of this outpost: Could've, a humanoid wizard warped by the Far Realm into a tentacle-infested horror; Would've, a weeping figure wracked with regrets, tears, and panic; and Should've, a large sands-of-time elemental.

The fight mostly consisted of moving around, for at the end of every round we rolled 1d6. The beam of dark light cast by the column would advance that many spaces along the clock, and anybody it touched would receive a bucket of necrotic damage. Even though the wizard cast Mass Resistance, it was still imperative to keep running around, lest several people got scorched at once.

But of course in the end the heroes prevailed. Vu was pleased to announce that the fortress would be clear for 24 hours (after that a Contingency would resurrect the key staff) so they had plenty of time to rest and research the temporal archives.

Tomorrow!

They will learn where and when their past selves were/will be attacked. And they will do something about it...

Last year, Arik Wrote:Day. Two.

While the PCs rested, Vu searched through the archives. And she came up with some good news and some bad news.

She discovered that the agent responsible for this mission is Grandfather Paradox, an ancient lich - so ancient in fact that his lifespan possibly lapped the universe once or twice. And he was pretty clever about it. He only sent out minions to kill two of the PCs: Sterling the paladin and Harradagh the cleric. These are the ones the gods despise the most. And it's a precaution against interference. The rest of the party probably will die on their missions without the aid of these two, but if someone goes back in time to save them (as is now in fact happening) then only those two lifelines become locked. He could still try again later with two others.

So this is the plan: go back in time to save those two. Then they will need to defeat a creature Vu only describes as "The Harbinger of the End Days", whose spirit serves as the temporal lock that prevents others from accessing Grandfather Paradox's hidden fortress.

And then they went through a portal, to Harradagh's home city in the past: an Aztec-style place, full of ziggurats and heart-ripping sun worshipers. Hostile agents were already running amok, and battle was joined! The enemies were led by a woman named Clepsydra. Clock-like gears hovered and surrounded her wrists, spinning madly like buzz saws! But in the end she was no match for the heroes, and she escaped with an emergency temporal shift, vowing revenge against Vu.

The city was repaired and instructions were given to the people on how to handle things. In order to erase the younger Harradagh's memories of the event, Vu got out a bag full of magical sleeping sands... which she used as a blackjack to swiftly knock him into a coma.

Onwards! To save Sterling!

Vu opened the next portal and the PCs found themselves on the road to the capitol of their home city. In fact, this was the very night before the Festival of Flowers... which was the event that kicked off the very first Dorkfest session! They were back at the very beginning of their adventures!

But the present chronomancer, Shriek, was forewarned by Clepsydra. His forces already met the party on the road. He was joined by a displacer beast the size of a horse and a treasure chest that morphed into a bio-mass of fleshy ooze and tentacles - a mimic! The foul creature carried inside it several meat-clones of itself as well, some of which it used as living shields, others of which it ate to absorb their nutrients.

But most horrible of all was the presence of a mooncalf. (https://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/alumn...08_1f.jpg)

Shriek laughed and declared himself the victor already. For you see, he has two mimics under his command. One of them is creeping ahead into the city to assassinate the past version of Sterling, while he and his other forces remain behind to fight the PCs. Even if they lose, the delay will be enough. Sterling is surely doomed!

The fight was horrid, tentacles and agony flailed around, and at the very end... At the very end, Adran the Gizibbemuthor-praising warlock convinced the mooncalf to join their side instead. It agreed with his words and promised to spread the belief of Gizibbemuthor throughout the multiverse, and it flew off. A deeply disturbing end to a deeply disturbing fight.

But they had no time to lose! They rushed to the aid of Past Sterling, kicked in his door, ran up his stairs, and entered his bedroom to find...

The craziest sex-scene ever this side of 4chan. Sterling was in bed, ridden by a voluptuous woman whose legs halfway turned into a cluster of tentacles that wrapped around his waist and legs. Four other women, partially tentacles and proto-flesh as well, joined in to make it an unholy orgy. All of five of them could adjust their bodies exactly in such a way as to please Sterling the most.

Sterling had done it again. He had seduced another woman. He had made a mimic fall in lust with him.

Present Time Sterling high-fived his past self and joined in the group sex (which either had two people or seven people participating, depending on your point of view), as the others discreetly retreated and closed the door. Many of them had to throw up and/or drink away their memories.

Dorkfest is a weird, weird place.

So, in order to access Grandfather Paradox's fortress of Neverwhen, they first need to channel the power of The Harbinger of the End Days. The traveled far, far into a possible future, when all the Prime Material was dust and the night sky was devoid of any stars. A gargantuan humanoid made of sand and stone lumbered forward, and a brutal fight took place.

Because this is a solo of level 30+.

Vu channeled time magic to accomplish two things. First, everybody received an extra attack bonus so that they could even hit the creature. And secondly, at the end of every round there was a small chance the entire fight resets - except for the hit points of the enemy. So that means people get back their powers, their health, action points, and even go back to their original position.

And hoo boy did they need that! The Harbinger fucking murdered people left and right, blew shit up, denied tons of actions with dazing and stunning, and goodness knows what else. And that small chance of a reset? Yeah, that happened only once, and way late into the fight. They were in serious danger of wiping.

But of course they prevailed, and Vu explained the next phase of the plan.

Grandfather Paradox is a lich, and as such he has a phylactery. But his phylactery is his own self, in a lost epoch of time. And vice versa. So the first step is to go back into the Lost Age and murder him there, and then quickly shift back to their own reality to repeat the process. And so they traveled to the distant past of Never Happened, and they woke up to see themselves very much different...

Because they were now in AD&D 2e.

Last year, Arik Wrote:Day. Three.

Characters were affected as follows:

Vohaul went from Fighter to Fighter. Customized with Skills & Powers to be focused on dealing damage and taking it right back.
Ivan went from Warlord to Fighter. Customized to have all kinds of leadership abilities and 1st level followers, all of which will be useless in the coming session.
Xune went from Assassin to Thief.
Sterling stayed a Paladin. I ignored the racial class limitations to more accurately make the characters.
Harradagh went from Dragonborn Cleric to Saurial Bladeback Cleric. In other words, he's now a stegosaurus-man. Google Image search can show you what he's like.
Lannae went from Eladrin Wizard to Elf Wizard.
Keyra went from Elf Monk to Elf Priest, heavily customized with the Spells & Magic supplement to be an effective unarmed combatant.
Adran went from Warlock to 18th level Wizard, and he's got a single Wish spell available. He was higher level than the party already due to one of the Deck of Many Things cards, and I really want to see an old school Wish in action.
And finally Blackwood went from a Hexblade to a Fighter/Wizard, wielding a certain sword called Blackrazor.

So the PCs headed through "Return to the Tomb of Horrors", and Vu could restore anybody slain or maimed through the use of time magics, up to a certain amount. In the end I just ignored the limitation because people got fucked up in unreasonably brutal ways! I don't really like wolfensteijn using edition war language, but he is forgiven because he's been murdered several times through fucked up traps that no sane person could've anticipated.

Oh, and Adran wanted to use a Wish to turn himself permanently and irrevocably into a mind flayer and in this geographic location, while retaining his own mind, memories, skills, and so on. And so that happened! Adran became a mind flayer who now, permanently and irrevocably, was stuck to that exact geographic location. Which was the very first use of Vu's time-restoration; before the adventure had even begun.

The PCs advanced on Grandfather Paradox's fortress of Neverwhen... again. The first few chambers were quite similar, but unlike the deathtrap-infested hallways of the AD&D version, this one quite simply and linearly had a straight up fight. Zombies, a wraith, some death mages, and a horrid skeleton with a cluster of screaming skulls growing out from its ribcage.

The PCs, naturally, demolished them.

And now, the final fight of the weekend! Grandfather Paradox himself!

They pressed on to the lich's final lair. Grandfather Paradox laughed and welcomed them. But, they have no chance to defeat him! Because for the past 755 years he's cast dozens of spells every day into a temporal stasis. Which means that by now, he has over nine million spells at his disposal! And he unleashes hundreds of them, unleashing rays, blasts, and arcane matrices everywhere!

On top of that, his lair has an annoying warping property. It consists of ten areas that are 5x5 squares, laid out in the following pattern:

08 05 02
09 06 03 01
10 07 04

Space "01" is the entrance hall, with the other nine being the room itself. At the end of every round a person had to roll 1d10 to see which area they teleport to. Bloody mayhem!

In his first form, Paradox was a lich, unleashing spells constantly. That was really annoying.

When that form "died" he transformed into a huge undead hydra, growing more and more dangerous as more venomous maws sprouted. The monk, Keyra, died when Hydra-Paradox specifically targeted him over and over, even after she already fell unconscious. Paradox is no fool. He needs to get these fuckers down.

And finally the hydra's body shriveled up into a floating black skull. This form would do the least amounts of attacks, but potentially the most dangerous: failing your save twice in a row would result in immediate death.

But even this final form could not withstand the onslaught. Grandfather Paradox is no more. And so Vu sent the PCs back to Sigil. There, Harradagh was soon recognized by people as the "tenta-pope", official religious head of the new Cult of Gizibbemuthor. Sterling would go on to buy a pub on the cheap. Because it had a dusty stuffed Owlbear in a corner, he made that the pub's theme and named it "Hooters". Because of owls, of course. Nothing else. Anyway, his medusa girlfriend Shukura started working there as a serving wench, wearing a white t-shirt and hotpants. A mimic and her four clones also joined in (to the mimic it had been about 6 months since her last... encounter... with Sterling, and she had sought him out), who also joined the pub's staff as five near-identical looking cuties. It's good to be Sterling.

The Reapers are safe. Life is comfortable. Everything is good. For now.

But somewhere in the dark spaces of Sigil, hungry tentacles stir in the dark. Adran's closeness to Gizibbemuthor is transforming him into... an illithid!

And far, far away dour blades and grim spells are made ready. But we'll talk about that next year, in Dorkfest VI: Rrakkma.

Source: Dorkfest V on rpg.net!

sooooooooon Grin

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
08-07-2013 10:02:39
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Whooooo! awesome om het weer te lezen

Licensed.
08-07-2013 11:40:07
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

Just out of curiosity:
How many players do we have this year?

World's biggest squirrel!
08-07-2013 15:16:27
SageGenesis Offline

8 players + me

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
08-07-2013 15:41:54
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

10 million?

Licensed.
08-07-2013 15:43:13
nar Offline
Posting Freak

no, not 10 million...

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
08-07-2013 15:52:35
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Arik, jeroen, ben, mel, robin, wolf, mike, jasper, jelte?

08-07-2013 16:32:03
SageGenesis Offline

Wiens bord gaan we trouwens gebruiken? En hoe is het transport?

10-07-2013 14:05:41
nar Offline
Posting Freak

ik vind het geen probleem om mijn bord mee te nemen, maar hij is missch. te klein...

als we hem wel willen gebruiken, neem ik hem gewoon mee op de fiets Smile

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
10-07-2013 14:26:11
goldylox Offline
Parental Control Group

De foto zegt genoeg Grin

[Image: 2013-07-10171557_zps76692f26.jpg]

10-07-2013 16:29:16
nar Offline
Posting Freak

Oh good god XD

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
10-07-2013 16:43:57
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

O.o;

10-07-2013 18:23:04
SageGenesis Offline

Frightful.

Anyway, for those interested, RPGnet thread is up.

Is the anticipation killing you? Is your body ready?

11-07-2013 08:01:15

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
float: right;