Iron Kingdoms: The Foxfire Initiative
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Iron Kingdoms: The Foxfire Initiative
Wait is no one going war/steam jack? We gots to have a jack right?

Licensed.
(This post was last modified: 14-10-2012 13:51:22 by (me) Melchior.)
14-10-2012 13:24:34
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Wolf kan nog richting field mechanik Smile
Arcane Mechanik kan ook dingen met jacks, maar begint niet met een jack.

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
14-10-2012 13:43:34
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

Ik vond sowieso Wolf's idee van de field mechanik/alchemist het tofst. Dus Wolf: Als je het nog niet weet, daar zou ik voor gaan. Wink

World's biggest squirrel!
14-10-2012 13:48:42
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Ziet er naar uit dat Captain Garrison de enige is in de race voor team leader? Zijn er al gegardigde voor de positie van Lt ?

Licensed.
14-10-2012 16:29:03
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Cause i think ol Grakk would make an excelent Lt.

Licensed.
14-10-2012 21:50:25
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Could't agree more. Smile

14-10-2012 21:55:07
SageGenesis Offline

Couple of small alterations/house rules we'll be using.

First, the setting includes coinage of different types (page 78) but then the game only actually uses gold coins. We're moving the economy to a silver standard, so wherever it says "gc" in the book, treat it as if it were saying "sc" or "shield" instead. Prices of common items like food will be reduced as well, so that all coins will see some use.

Second, the price of coal (page 249) is far, far too high. Privateer Press already said there will probably be errata for it. In the meantime we'll handle a price of 5 shields for 100 pounds.

Third, the injury table on page 217 will not be used. Losing all vitality is punishment enough, losing a limb due to a roll of the dice is just not fun in a heroic high action game.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
16-10-2012 01:59:23
wolfy Offline
Posting Freak

(14-10-2012 13:48:42)Jazzper-11 Wrote:  Ik vond sowieso Wolf's idee van de field mechanik/alchemist het tofst. Dus Wolf: Als je het nog niet weet, daar zou ik voor gaan. Wink

Ik zit dan een beetje met de Alchemist overlap met Mark's character. We moeten dan even overleggen hoe we die overlap zo minimaal mogelijk houden Smile

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Shusen.net weblog like thingie Smile.
16-10-2012 15:34:21
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

je kan ook een fieldmechanik-arcane mechanik worden. ^_^

16-10-2012 15:47:08
SageGenesis Offline

By the way, for those interested, an excellent large and high-quality map of the Iron Kingdoms can be found here:
http://www.davidrm.com/rpg/images/Wester...-Color.jpg

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
18-10-2012 01:57:21
SageGenesis Offline

The creations, they are complete.

Jasper: Gunmage / Rifleman
Jelte: Aristocrat / Military Officer
Mark: Alchemist / Pistoleer
Melchior: Fell Caller / Man at Arms
Wolf: Arcane Mechanik / Thief

20-10-2012 19:48:23
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Noooes, fell caller menatarms!!

Licensed.
21-10-2012 02:55:02
SageGenesis Offline

What you talking about?

21-10-2012 11:22:55
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Ziet er uit als een leuke groep. Smile

Willen we hier al wat namen en backstories neerzetten, of wachten we tot over 10 dagen?

21-10-2012 12:45:03
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Noes, i dont have a Noes!

Wachten ben ik nooit zo goed in so gogogo stories, inspireerd ook weer de anderen.

Licensed.
21-10-2012 14:25:55
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Captain Fenrick Garrisson.

This dashing nineteen year old man is the brave young son of decorated war hero knight colonel Merrick Garrisson and charming diplomat warcaster Lady Emily Caine.

Born to a privileged life as the son of diplomats, little Fenrick saw a lot of the world at a very young age. He has lived in Khador, Llael, Ord and Caspia and traveled a whole lot. His parents were very busy people and while he was always instructed to say inside the hotel, the embassy or the train, young Fenrick never failed to find a way to sneak out and seek adventure.

Fenricks frequent disobedience quickly resulted in his father applying him to the officer academy in Caspia at a relatively early age to teach him some discipline. Much to everyone's dismay, the young man seemed to have a gift for tactics and was a natural leader, although his stubborn demeanor and disobedient character still frequently got him into trouble.

While the proper military had no need for someone that had trouble following orders, seemed too smart for his own good and was always second-guessing his superiors, Colonel Fairgrey saw great potential in the young officer. She promoted him to captain and despite some unpleasant disagreements she still believes Fenrick to be made out of the right material the Foxfire Initiative needs to make it a smashing success. Also, she owes his father one.

Although he had many adventures in his childhood and was the best student graduating the Academy in years, maybe decades, the young Cygnaran has never seen any real action. Fenrick has never taken a life and is still worried that he someday might have to. Although he can accurately put a bullet through any bottle at fifty paces, Fenrick has not once fired his gun at a living being. He might have to do that someday too.

Trivia:
-Fluent in both Khadoran and Llealese.
-Nephew of famous gunslinger Allister Caine, a friend of his father from his own military academy days..
-Has a deeply seated interest for Iosian culture and art.
-Mayberry Fairgrey, founder and undisputed leader of the Foxfire Initiative is Fenrick's godmother. Fairgrey and Garrison's father are old friends and colleagues.
-Is rumored to be a personal friend of the reclusive clairvoyant the Pewter Marmot.
-While his father is a very devout follower and one of Morrow's holy Knights of the Prophet, Fenrick has no love for the Ascendant and thinks most Gods are cold, uncaring and generally stupid.
-Smokes an expensive brand of small cigarillo's from Rhul that his godmother gave him for his last birthday.
-Loves a good Khadoran Lifewater or Ordic Whiskey.
-Has an eye on Victoria Fairgrey.
-His mother Emily Caine still sends him frequent presents, luxury goods and some pocket money. Somehow these gifts keep coming, even if she happens to find herself stuck in a Khadoran prison for a week and Fenrick is out in the Badlands on a mission.

22-10-2012 00:49:04
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

Quick question: Als ik Sargeant wordt, moet ik dan nog die extra skills bedenken? Of heb je daar al rekening mee gehouden toen we aan character creation deden?

(This post was last modified: 25-10-2012 10:31:10 by Jazzper-11.)
25-10-2012 10:30:28
SageGenesis Offline

Dan moet je nog extra skills bedenken. Niemand heeft (voor zover ik weet) al de extraatjes van rang ontvangen.

25-10-2012 12:03:50
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Mijn char had alle skills al die de captain zou krijgen.

(This post was last modified: 25-10-2012 12:22:29 by JLT*.)
25-10-2012 12:06:47
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Of krijgt Garrisson nog een battleplan bovenop de plannen die hij al heeft? ^_^

25-10-2012 12:24:46
SageGenesis Offline

Nou, eigenlijk wel ja.

Fenrick heeft als het goed is zowel Natural Leader als BP: Call to Action, door de Military Commander career. En dan krijg je van rank nog een andere Battle Plan waarvoor je de prereq's hebt, dus je kan kiezen tussen Coordinated Strike, Go to Ground, of Shadow.

25-10-2012 12:44:44
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Cool, ik kijk t even door.

25-10-2012 13:29:15
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

Also: Ik ben zeer druk bezig met het bedenken van de voorgeschiedenis en toekomstplannen van gunmage/Rifleman Karl Teagan. Heb er zin in! Maar ik moet nog even de juiste woorden vinden, en kijken wat voor invloed die extra skills in zijn verhaal hebben. =)

25-10-2012 14:35:11
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Lt. Grakk "Whispers" Malathor.

Description:

Little Grakk was born in the Cygnaran town ??, his parents were already second generation city trollkin and well integrated in human society earning a decent living with honest work. Unlike for his brothers and sisters, for Grakk, the peaceful live was not meant to be, his blood called out for something else. So he did the one thing a young man can do in such a situation, join the army!

His family was saddened so see him go but knew it was the rightish thing for him and supported him in his choice. After several weeks of training he was sent of to a garrison near the Khadoran border and a small Trollkin kriel enclave. Being the obvious choice for liaison to the kriel, during the years stationed there, he spent a lot of time with the non city trollkin, here he learned much of the ways and history of the trollkin and much about himself and his voice.

There had always been small exchanges between the garrisons on both sides of the border until one day the Khadorians made up some bullshit excuse and launched a full scale punitive expedition into the trollkin enclave! The defenders where badly outnumbered and outgunned, the trollkin and the few Cygnaran soldiers that were there could not hold out for long. Grakk, at base camp, urged the local commander to counterattack and provide cover so the women and children could get away and the soldiers would have a chance for a fighting retreat. The commander disagreed. Four times Grakk and a few others asked to be send in, four times they were denied. They did not ask a fifth time, they just grabbed their gear and went in.

The fighting was long, bloody and gruesome. The Khadorans were acting like butchers, not caring if they hacked down soldier or child. In the end Grakk and his men brought all of the Cygnaran soldiers back, a few alive, and bought the trollkin enough time that a significant group could escape.

Back at base the few braves were welcomed as heroes by the men and as deserters by the officers. Seeing the popularity among the enlisted men, who outnumber the officers quite a bit, and seeing a chance to embezzle some glory for fighting of the Khadorans, the commander gave them a choice, be promoted away or take a short walk to the wall.

They choose promotion.

Licensed.
(This post was last modified: 28-10-2012 13:56:45 by (me) Melchior.)
27-10-2012 15:18:28
wolfy Offline
Posting Freak

Meet Sebastian, youngest son of the Darkmantle family. He wasn't really wanted by his family. His parents were often away, and when they were at home, they mostly ignored him. Being the youngest meant he never will have any chance of inheriting anything from his family, unless he takes care of his brothers, but this option never really occurred to him. His mind focused on the quest for knowledge at an early age. Supported by his willingness to experiment with whatever tools he found. One hot summer evening found him outside, with a kite, waiting for a thunderstorm to pass over his family estate, trying to capture the lightning in a hand crafted 'storm chamber'. Having misunderstood the concept, he sought to capture the storm into a chamber. Not quite as successful as he'd wanted. Other experiments eventually led to an explosion in his 'laboratory', finally getting the attention off his parents he so craved.

He was quickly shipped off to a renowned learning institution, because his parents didn't want his destructive tendencies around the house any more. During his stint as a student he learned a lot about mechanika and everything connected to it. He also figured out that most research was being stinted because of lack of materials. And he figured he was just the person to fix that issue, by stealing what he couldn't get otherwise. This went on for a couple of years, and much to his delight, he was never caught.

Though being a good mechanik and thief, he was lacking a bit in the people skills and empathic ability. So he never noticed that he and his work was coming under closer scrutiny. The string of thefts had garnered the attention of a lot of people, and noose was getting tighter. When he was eventually captured, his captures could not deny the genius of his work, but they could really not use him in any official capacity. So as he was awaiting his trial and subsequent punishment in a damp cell, colonel Fairgrey made him an offer he couldn't rightly refuse.

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Shusen.net weblog like thingie Smile.
30-10-2012 00:04:11

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
float: right;