Iron Kingdoms: The Foxfire Initiative
SageGenesis Offline

Iron Kingdoms: The Foxfire Initiative
The Foxfire Initiative is an unconventional answer to the threat of a new war looming over the horizon of the Immoren continent. Small elite teams, not quite soldiers nor civilians either, would be tasked with independently finding and resolving domestic threats that could prevent the Cygnar kingdom from operating at full efficiency. Although officially part of the Reconnaissance Service's espionage division, the companies answer only to the Initiative's founder, Colonel Fairgrey.

Needless to say, Foxfire is not a very popular organization. Many politicians and army officers are uncomfortable with the idea of spies from their own country checking in on them. Worse still, most members are handpicked for being cases that didn't fit in with the regular organizations. Troublemakers, insubordinate soldiers who really did know better than their commanding officers, mad scientists, convicted criminals pardoned in exchange for serving Foxfire, vigilantes, non-humans who refuse to fit in... The Initiative is looking for all sorts of talents and skill sets.

(The idea is that you're a team of exceptional individuals that gets involved in typical PC-activites, but without the need to become a wandering vagabond looking for things to murder and loot. You can travel and even kill occasionally, but you're still a patriot with a job and a duty.)

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
11-10-2012 23:10:54
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaszaH Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Iron Kingdoms: The Foxfire Initiative
foxfire!! 3 Fairgrey! 3

don't underestimate the cosmic power of french toast!
12-10-2012 00:01:47
SageGenesis Offline

I'm pretty sure The Red Knight is doing some work of the Initiative's in Five Fingers. Which is not inside Cygnar and thus Foxfire is seriously overstepping its mandate, but it's not as if anybody's ever going to find out.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
12-10-2012 00:10:41
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Nice Smile
Wait, fairgrey's a colonel now? Yikes

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
12-10-2012 08:00:29
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

sweet!, i likes it

also i was thinking stongman non human ex con/soldier kinda guy

Licensed.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2012 09:37:17 by (me) Melchior.)
12-10-2012 09:26:09
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

I was thinking:

Military officer with a drinking problem. Leader and knight. Prone to excessive violence.

Or:
Adventuring son of diplomat parents, with a knack for talking himself in and out of trouble. Crack shot.

Or:
Diplomat warcaster dabbling in the forbidden arts of necromancy for fun/ out of boredom.

12-10-2012 10:16:50
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline

Necromancy's going to be a bit of a problem. Besides it being a hanging offense, there's also no rules for PC necromancers yet.

12-10-2012 10:25:43
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Smile RE: Iron Kingdoms: The Foxfire Initiative
No Emily Caine then.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2012 10:34:14 by JLT*.)
12-10-2012 10:33:59
wolfy Online
Posting Freak

Die military officer, heb je niet eens een vergelijkbaar personage gebouwd voor Alternity? Wink

Mijn ideeën tot nu toe:
Field Mechanik - Alchemist. Likes to tinker with combining machines that were never meant to be combined. Like putting steam machines on carts, which then have a tendency to explode Wink Explosions he also likes. Setting up demolitions to blow up a bridge right underneath the enemy.

Pistoleer - Investigator, who also plays a mean violin. Focused on interpreting intelligence, but not averse to doing a bit of wet work himself. That last part made him infamous within the intelligence gathering parts of the government. So they put him in with the crazy's. This way he can more easily designate his own targets, which he then can hunt down.

Arcane Mechanik - Thief. Part destroyer, part creator. He knows what he is doing, he knows what he needs, he just doesn't feel like paying too much (or at all) for needed parts. Being a mechanik he knows how to build and repair things. His thieving skills made sure he can offer his services cheap. After being caught one to many times (without proof though) they offered him an offer he could not refuse. Work for us and do as much damage to the enemy, or else... He can use his thieving skills and connections to get stuff other quartermaster can only dream off. He just needs to make sure he isn't caught again.

Uhm ja, dat dus Smile

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Shusen.net weblog like thingie Smile.
12-10-2012 11:24:54
SageGenesis Offline

As part of a military unit your characters also gain additional benefits beyond their normal starting skills and abilities.

One member, who ought to have leadership skills, is given the rank of Captain. He gains either the Natural Leader ability, or one of the Battle Plan abilities for which he meets the prerequisites. And of course he is deemed the ranking officer of the squad.

One other member is given the rank of Lieutenant. He serves the role of quartermaster, treasurer, and second in command. (And that player keeps track of the party funds.) He also gains 1 skill rank in any non-military skill in which he doesn't have any skill ranks yet.

Everybody else is a sergeant. They get 1 skill rank in two non-military skills in which they don't already have training.

The lowest rank characters get more benefits out of this deal. But higher rank can give bonuses to social skills and of course comes with some measure of authority. (Technically because you're all part of the Reconnaissance Service your ranks would be Scout Captain, Scout Lieutenant, and a few Scout Sergeants, but that distinction is only used in official paperwork or when dealing with military personnel of other branches.)

12-10-2012 15:55:59
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Captain Garrison. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

12-10-2012 16:15:17
SageGenesis Offline

It feels very natural somehow!

12-10-2012 16:21:52
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Hmm, not sure about my guy yet though, kan de pldf gedeeld worden?

Licensed.
13-10-2012 09:00:29
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

via PM

What are you not sure about? Your guy is awesome! Grin

(This post was last modified: 13-10-2012 10:29:57 by JLT*.)
13-10-2012 10:28:40
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

The gun bit, i dont really like the gun bit.

Licensed.
13-10-2012 10:45:56
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

I am looking my guy over again and I must say I am very pleased with the little guy.

I would like to apply young Fenrick Garrison, son of decorated war hero sir Merrick Garrison and charming warcaster Diplomat Emily Caine for the role of Caspian captain.

13-10-2012 11:12:30
SageGenesis Offline

Re: Mel
Then I suggest dropping the Trencher career and instead take one of the following.
Man-at-Arms: Tougher, slightly more defensive front line warrior.
Fell Caller: Can take the great weapon skill and also scream people to death.
I'd also be cool with taking the Ranger career and replacing "hand weapon" with "great weapon" skills. Trollkin rangers probably take really big knives along that would scare even Crocodile Dundee.

Re: Next wednesday
There's an IK intro adventure. We could do that with the players who can make it. It wouldn't actually happen in terms of xp, loot, or even the story, but it could pass the time and help some people get familiar with the rules.

13-10-2012 11:27:59
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Sounds good Smile

13-10-2012 11:56:05
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Cool, en ja men at arms lijkt me idd beter

Edit: man at arms fell caller that is.

Licensed.
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2012 20:56:31 by (me) Melchior.)
13-10-2012 13:40:25
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Shit, now im having fun playing nerf gun kata at marks

Licensed.
13-10-2012 14:47:47
scroipt Offline
Posting Freak

(13-10-2012 14:47:47)(me) Melchior Wrote:  Shit, now im having fun playing nerf gun kata at marks

gun kata ftw!

`Je n'avais pas besoin de cette hypothèse-là' --Pierre-Simon, Marquis de Laplace
13-10-2012 18:33:52
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Dus, zoals ik het nu begrijp:

Wolf = Field Mechanik - Alchemist. / Pistoleer - Investigator/ Arcane Mechanik - Thief.
Mel = Mighty Trolkin Soldier-Man-at-arms (with or without gun kata)
Mark = Skilled Gobber Field Mechanik - Alchemist (of iets in die hoek, ziet er wel erg uit Wolf's eerste optie Wink )
Jelte = Intellectual Cygnaran Aristocrat - Military Officer
Jasper, al enig idee? Smile

13-10-2012 23:12:03
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

Ik zit zelf te denken aan iets van gunmage/investigator ofzo. Gezien mijn agenda heb ik denk ik de luxe om mijn character aan te passen aan wat we al in de party hebben. =)

World's biggest squirrel!
14-10-2012 01:09:06
scroipt Offline
Posting Freak

Currently: Skilled Alchemist - Highwayman

`Je n'avais pas besoin de cette hypothèse-là' --Pierre-Simon, Marquis de Laplace
14-10-2012 01:12:03
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

No gun kata but mighty fell calling!

Licensed.
14-10-2012 11:13:58

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
float: right;