Birthright: Sword and Crown
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Birthright: Sword and Crown
[Image: mhoriedmap.jpg]

Legenda ontbreekt nog, maar het spreekt redelijk voor zich.

@wolf, heb jij al dingen bedacht, of anders binnenkort ergens tijd? Skype is ook uitermate geschikt voor korte brain sessies van +-15 min als je druk bent. Smile

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
16-10-2012 12:38:18
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Niiiiiice, wat zin de rode X'en?

Licensed.
16-10-2012 13:50:37
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Kijk, daarvoor is een legenda dus handig. Smile x is een plek waar recent of lang geleden battles gevochten zijn. De grens naar de shadowrealm is dunner op plekken waar veel doden gevallen zijn.

16-10-2012 13:55:26
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Cool, en die rode tenten kampjes?

Licensed.
16-10-2012 13:59:59
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

garrisons voor armies

16-10-2012 14:05:20
wolfy Offline
Posting Freak

@Jelte: Ik heb een aardig idee wat ik wil, dus een brainstorm sessie is niet echt nodig. Maar wat tijd om met de boeken erbij een character in elkaar te zetten is wel handig.

Ik zou vanavond langs kunnen komen. Anders donderdag ochtend/middag. Of van het weekend ergens Smile

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Shusen.net weblog like thingie Smile.
16-10-2012 15:29:48
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Donderdag rond 12.00 kan misschien wel

16-10-2012 15:45:39
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Wolf heeft een Brecht entrepreneur gebouwd, halfbroer van de twins.

Ik ga wel jullie namen en wat details als leeftijd etc nodig hebben. Smile

22-10-2012 12:44:47
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Hmm ligt mijn char sheet nog bij jullie?

Licensed.
22-10-2012 12:57:32
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Waarschijnlijk Smile

22-10-2012 13:40:30
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Winoene province

Unlike the lowlands of Mhoried, Winoene maintains a wild and untouched beauty. The green fields of Byrnnor give way to rocky foothills whose sheer sides stream water from patches of snow high on their barren crowns. Home to the rugged highlanders, these farmers and herders coax life from the rocky soil and fish the numerous lakes and streams that feed the Stonebyrn River.

Lying along the banks of Lake Winoene is the old Caer Winoene, sacked and burned more than four hundred years ago by goblins out of the Five Peaks seeking to capitalize on the chaos that surrounded the fall of the Roele line. Here House Winoene almost met its end as the goblins razed much of the countryside. Lord Hastaes Winoene held the County until a few months ago, and had worked hard to restore much of Winoene’s glory but it still remained a shadow of its former self. Now thing are worse than ever. The Lord was killed in an orog raid from the Peaks ten months ago, ending the Winoene line for good.

A census was held a decade ago and had counted the population of Winoene around six thousand Mhorien. Due to the many goblin and orog raids, the anarchy and the hunger of the last months, scholars estimate that maybe as much as one in three Winoenians lost their lives or left for Alamie or migrated even further south. It is estimated that not many more than four thousand people remain.

The largest settlements are the small town of Riverside in the west of the province and the large village of Hillside in the north-east. A handful of smaller villages are scattered among the hills and aroen the lake. Here and there a hamlet with sheep herders, woodsmen or fishermen struggle to make a living. The province houses many a lonesome farmstead and herders cottage where the hardy northerners endeavour to carve a living out of the barren foothills, although those who were not able to properly defend their homes were likely to be the first to fall.

Riverside is a small town where until recently more than thirteen hundred Winoenans lived and worked. Now just over nine hundred remain. The town has lost most of its fighting spirit when Lord Winoene and many of the able warriors fell. The stockade lies in ruins and the armory is empty. The people fearfully await the orogs to resume their plunder.

In Hillside the people have fared only a little better. A small band of a few dozen able warriors declared martial law under their rule after the Lord had died. Although they now protect the village and the east of the province, the warriors claim over half of the already scarce food to keep themselves in fighting shape, while the children, the old and the sick wither away.

Around Lake Winoene the villages have banded together to make large rafts. When threatened, they leave their houses and head to the middle of the lake. Although they do not lack for food, most of their homes are no more than a ruined, burned down mess, lying sadly in the shadow of the great castle sacked so many years ago.

The citizens of Riverside now look to the last handful of braver and able people and hope that heroes will rise like one did a few centuries ago when Winoene was terrorized by the darkblooded Awnsheigh the Shrieker. The great hero who slew the abomination still has descendants in the village, although some think their bloodline has been tainted by the Shadow.

The patriarch of this family, one of the last warriors in the fearful town, his foreign son and his magically gifted daughter helped defend the town and made the difference between minor defeat and outright slaughter by orogs more than a few times. After much hardship, this family has been reunited with the return of one of the daughters, a knight of Healyn in training with the Guardians before the order was decimated.

A spark of hope returns.

22-10-2012 14:00:06
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

As heroes, you have all started your lives with just a little more of a fighting chance.

The Patriarch of the family owns the +2 ancestral weapon which was once used to slay a powerful Awnsheigh.

The foreign son, begotten after father's encounter with a Brecht entrepreneurial adventurous woman when father was still very young, starts with a small part of the inheritance his mother left him. A big chest filled with golden Brecht souvreigns.

The knight twin has made a friend in her warhorse, who seems a lot more intelligent than most steeds

The magically gifted daughter inherited a magic ring of minor wizardry from her mother, which allows her to cast more first level spells before her magical reserves are spent.

(This post was last modified: 22-10-2012 15:35:16 by JLT*.)
22-10-2012 14:12:52
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Some notable NPCs of Riverside.

Their classes and levels are estimates or judgements made by your characters. You know these people well.

Mayor Evan Lamier
The Mayor is not a brave, nor a fighting man. An administrator for the Lord, he was most useful under Riversides more prosperous days. When battle comes, he locks his large home up tight. The people have little to no respect for the man. His son Brosen wants to fight and has some skill, but the mayor’s wife makes sure he is inside when the locks are fastened.
3rd level aristocrat
2nd level fighter

Jared Nielems
Is the capable son of the recently deceased master smith of Riverside. More adept at horseshoes than swords, this young man is driven to improve his skills to help the town.
3nd level adept

Eluvie ‘Luv’ Ash
This half-elven young woman keeps the Riverside tavern on the banks of the Stonebyrne with her young son Alvynn. Before the troubles her husband Brent did most of the heavy lifting, but he lost a leg and now spends his time holding drinking contests with the memory of his dead brother. Alvynn is trying to step up but lacks the strength to roll the barrels of ale. Lucky for him, their ale is becoming scarce since the brewery burned down. The town came to Eluvie for advise on romance or heartache.
5th level commoner

Sir Vallence
Acts as sherrif or constable, as he settles disputes. Vallence is very old and although he has a lot of experience, his strength has left him and his eyes are milky.
5th level warrior

Raneale Manticoere
This young woman is distantly related to the leader of Healyn’s Aegis although she is not personally affiliated with the Church. As an acolyte of Haelyn, she now holds services around the still smouldering remains of the chapel despite her lack of experience. Only a handful of people attend.
1st level cleric

Veric Gregoran
A reclusive scholar with an enormous collection of books. Originally from the imperial city, this man has lived in Riverside for years, occasionally leaving town to head in to the Peaks with his bodyguard and friend the Vos Sergei Vann. No one expected Gregoran to stay after the troubles began, but for some reason he is still here, researching and looking for something. He is willing to help, if he can find the time.
?th level adept/magician or maybe even wizard, although no-one ever saw him cast a spell.

Sergei Vann
Bodyguard of Veric Gregoran. A mighty warrior from Vosgaard who refuses to fight for the town. Barely speaks Anuirian and has a thick Vos accent. He stays close to Veric at all times, and Veric barely leaves his house.
6th level fighter

Merry Downwinkle
A Halfling woman who owns a store by the riverside. Despite the lack of trade and traffic, she somehow seems to keep her store stocked with mundane items from combs to furniture.
2nd level adept

Hassan Kamir
A Khinasi scoundrel who leads a small group of impressionable youngsters from the docks on searches along the smaller villages along the Stonebyrne looking for anything useful which he then sells to the highest bidder. Capable, but selfish.
3rd level rogue

Other groups:
The fishermen. The anglers take care of the food. They share, but are becoming agitated.
The refugees. Mostly homeless farmers and herders. Eat a lot of food, according to the fishermen.
The merchants and artisans. Have little to do, but enjoy relatively large wealth. Don’t like refugees either.
The guard. Only a handful of under-equipped, inexperienced warriors.

22-10-2012 15:27:44
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

cool, and aaw we are all lower level than the NPC's?

Licensed.
23-10-2012 15:13:17
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

But you have higher ambitions and potential! Smile

23-10-2012 15:34:17
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Oh, and no, your adjusted level is effectively 2, because of your bloodline strength. Smile

23-10-2012 15:39:29
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Naam zijn we nog niet over uit, voor de twins dacht ik aan 21 voor leeftijd maar ik ben natuurlijk niet de enige die hier over gaat.

Licensed.
23-10-2012 20:27:15
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Zelf zie ik iets in de richting van:

Mark: 44 (16 ttv Wolf, 24 ttv twins)
Wolf: 28 (looks +-18)
Mel: 20
Arik: 20 (looks +-16 (and will still look it when the others are old and dead)

Is natuurlijk uiteindelijk ook aan jullie.

(This post was last modified: 23-10-2012 21:01:10 by JLT*.)
23-10-2012 20:59:08
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Last name zou je kunnen baseren op de ancestral weapon (a la Greenhilt)

Ik weet niet wat voor wapen Dadday gebruikt, maar namen als Stronghammer, Darkesword of Swiftspear zijn natuurlijk al snel heroïsch.

23-10-2012 21:52:22
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Tonight @ 7PM, the adventure begins!

24-10-2012 10:47:08
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

zijn we al eerder welkom? eten/boodschappen?

Licensed.
24-10-2012 11:45:12
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Graag. Ik wil om 18.00 beginnen met koken. Rond 17.30 naar de winkel?

Wie eten er mee?
Ik ga uit van Arik, Mel, Mark, Mirla, Jelte
Tenzij anders bericht.

24-10-2012 11:49:45
scroipt Online
Posting Freak

Ik moet werken tot ca. 1800, ben er dus rond 1830 maar eet inderdaad graag mee.

`Je n'avais pas besoin de cette hypothèse-là' --Pierre-Simon, Marquis de Laplace
24-10-2012 13:06:11
wolfy Offline
Posting Freak

Ik kan om 18:00 er zijn, en eet graag mee Smile

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Shusen.net weblog like thingie Smile.
24-10-2012 15:51:54
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Slowly, against some minor resistance, but steadily and skilfully, the family is getting a grip on the town, working together in organising its defenses and establishing a minor forum of council-based decision making.

There is still much to do, and the enemy has already been sighted!

25-10-2012 00:47:49

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
float: right;