Post Reply 
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 6.225
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #176
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
Gavin relieves the guard who was burdened with the knight's shield by taking the burden from him. "I'll make sure nothing happens to the shield, so you can keep hold of the spear to keep the beasts away from us."

The merchant suddenly looks impressive, with a knight's shield and his fancy sword. "I could have been a warrior, you know." He confesses to the Pastor. "It's just all the blood, you see, I would not be able to stomach it for long." Gavin smiles a happy smile. "The shine of gold and the red of wine beats blood from Firlen to Thelen!"

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
12-12-2011 14:15:13
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 3.915
Joined: Jun 2007
Post: #177
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
Vincenti is liberally splattered with the highlanders blood. Despite this he responds happily: "I've seen plenty of blood on my travels, and it never bothered me much. The problem I have with a warriors life is the duration. I prefer to live as long as I can to enjoy as much fine wine. So I guess you and I are on the same page there."

World's biggest squirrel!
12-12-2011 14:39:28
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 6.225
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #178
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
SageGenesis Wrote:One of the Linnias' highlanders is less fortunate and catches a mace in the chest and has the wind knocked out of him. He falls down with a groan - he'd scream if it weren't for a cracked rib that makes all breathing and vocalizing painful.
((OOC: He's not dead but he won't be fighting anymore for now. ))

Jazzper-11 Wrote:Vincenti is liberally splattered with the highlanders blood.

Yikes

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
12-12-2011 16:59:07
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 3.915
Joined: Jun 2007
Post: #179
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
((OOC: What? He's not dead. No where is it stated that he's not bleeding. And I've been patching him up. It can be a messy busines. =) ))

World's biggest squirrel!
14-12-2011 12:54:30
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline
Moderator
*****

Posts: 6.570
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #180
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
The guard looks momentarily grateful as Gavin frees him from his burden. It's only later that he realizes what just happened, but he's too caught up in the fight to really take his attention off it.

Ser Corvid makes clever use of the chaos in the breaking ranks of the goblins to stride towards the great grey warg. It looks at its master walking off, wrathful and confused both, until its ears perk up and hear the approaching knight. It snarls and leaps at him with all the force of a bear and the swiftness of a cat... but Corvid sidesteps and lets his blade fall as the warg soars past, and severs head from shoulders with a single blow.


((OOC: For some reason the heroes keep rolling 10's that explode onwards. I swear I'm not fudging anything. Anyway, I'm giving Olivia one more day. After that I'll just assume she keeps biting people for now.))

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
18-12-2011 20:45:58
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 6.225
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #181
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
Impressed by the knight's single deadly blow, Gavin cheers and bangs his sword twice against the shield. He has seen his father's mercenaries do that sometimes when something spectacular or impressive happened in training.

When he regains his calm, he loudly says; "You know, sir knight, with your beast slaying prowess and my business savvy, we might be able to set up a regular 'monster hide' trade." Gavin's eyes glisten as he speaks. "Can you imagine the profits if we could regularly sell Warg hides to the bourgeois of Anuire?"

With just a hint of playful wickedness in smile, he adds; "Imagine what they would pay for a silvery white one?"

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
20-12-2011 14:08:10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 1.999
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #182
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
"Excellent idea Gavin, ill make a point of incorporating the greys pelt into my outfit for the grand ball, I suppose Brutus will need one too, that one I think"
Ser Corvids banter may be casual, but his body language is deeply serious and speaks the tale of an experienced and cool headed Knight.

Licensed.
22-12-2011 17:50:51
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline
Moderator
*****

Posts: 6.570
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #183
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
Seeing their leader flee along with half their forces and now also their strongest warg felled with a single stroke, the remaining goblins decide this fight is not worth it. They turn and ride off - but not before stopping at the carriage and quickly pilfering some luggage. This is their victory, or so they'll be able to tell themselves.

One of the wargs, the one that Linnias struck first, is bleeding so heavily that it can't take the exertion and it collapses several hundred yards away. Its rider continues the trek on foot.

And then of course there is the goblin leader, still under Olivia's spell and wandering.

Although nobody here has encountered goblins like these before there are stories aplenty about them. What is odd is how fresh and uniform their weapons seemed - the goblins of the Spiderfell are looters and robbers, not smiths. On a hunch some of the men break off the pommels and open the hilts of a few swords to examine their tangs. Each of them shows a small stamp, a maker's mark. Gavin recognizes it as belonging to a forging company in Endier called Harson & Rochart, which buys ores that come on river barges and mass produces basic but cheap weapons out of them. Either H&R counts goblins amongst their client

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
22-12-2011 18:19:34
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 1.999
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #184
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
"yes yes, very interesting ill have a look at it in a second" Ser Corvid replies as he jumps on his horse in order to run down the stragglers.

Licensed.
22-12-2011 23:58:14
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline
Moderator
*****

Posts: 6.570
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #185
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
Ser Corvid can easily catch up to the wandering leader and the fleeing goblin whose warg bled out. He is free to kill or capture them at his leisure.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
23-12-2011 11:41:23
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 1.999
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #186
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
Eventually Ser Corvid rides back dragging the goblin leader bound behind him, now without his hood and with a few extra bruises. After dismounting and kicking the bound goblin to the ground, Ser Corvid greets Brutus, who offers the knight a wineskin, with a loud "By Cuira

Licensed.
(This post was last modified: 23-12-2011 16:11:35 by Knightwood.)
23-12-2011 16:00:20
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline
Moderator
*****

Posts: 6.570
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #187
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
((OOC: Since the goblin leader is soundly defeated, I'm assuming Olivia relinquishes his mind from her grasp. Otherwise it gets bothersome as he keeps trying to squirm away.))

Removing the hood reveals a green face with heavy, angular features. His teeth are slightly yellowish, like a peasant's, but his eyes smolder with the indignation befitting a knight or lesser noble.

"I am worth a good ransom," he says to all of you in general. He speaks your language far better than you would've expected. "Release me unharmed to my people and they will pay you."

Vincenti and Gavin are not so sure he's telling the truth. Or rather, he's not sure of himself. While ransoms are a common practice amongst humans, a fact the goblin would surely know, he doesn't seem entirely confident that this will also work for him.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
23-12-2011 17:27:52
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 6.225
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #188
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
Gavin smiles from ear to ear as he kneels in front of the captured goblin leader. "Are you sure that you're worth more than the Mieres-made woolen shirt your lackeys have just stolen from me?"

As the merchants stands, he turns to his comrades. "let's get back to the carriage and see if those cretins found my case of Rjuven malt and grain spirits. All you fine warriors could use a stiff drink after you so bravely defended me and mine!"

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
29-12-2011 20:42:54
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline
Moderator
*****

Posts: 6.570
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #189
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
JLT* Wrote:Gavin smiles from ear to ear as he kneels in front of the captured goblin leader. "Are you sure that you're worth more than the Mieres-made woolen shirt your lackeys have just stolen from me?"

The goblin shrugs. "The shirt is gone. The ransom you might still get."


JLT* Wrote:As the merchants stands, he turns to his comrades. "let's get back to the carriage and see if those cretins found my case of Rjuven malt and grain spirits. All you fine warriors could use a stiff drink after you so bravely defended me and mine!"

This meets with chuckles and approval. A good drink to celebrate and dispel their fears is exactly what they could use right now. Many of them also look with strange wonder at Olivia. They greatly admire her yet also fear the displays of witchcraft they just saw.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
30-12-2011 03:06:50
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 6.225
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #190
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
After the second round of the Rjuven spirits have been shared and emptied, Gavin claps in his gloved hands. "Come friends, we still have a long way to go afore we can celebrate proper. Let us move on to find the lord of this province to deliver this hideous package."

Gavin smiles a knowing smile. "Maybe there will even be some small reward in it for you, the brave people who defended Roesone against the horrible Goblin raiders." The merchant's smile fades as he casts a serious look toward the captured Goblin. "As for a ransom from his people, this cretin may first tell us who his people are and who funded this fine equipment, before we might even consider listening to his plea."

Mr. Fenton Brass helps the driver with the horses while Gavin's guards help the merchant with getting what remains of the luggage back on the carriage. Before long the party is on the move again.

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2012 16:39:18 by Meer.)
02-01-2012 16:38:30
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wolfy Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 1.874
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #191
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
Linnias partakes in the drinking of the Rjuven spirits, just enough to take some of the edge away.

Before letting anyone tend to his wounds, he checks on his own men. Only after making sure they are either okay, or in good hands, he lets someone else check out his wounds.

"Right now I don't care about ransoms or rewards. Let us pack up and continue. After I've put on a bit of armor. Next time I will not be caught without any protection one!"

Linnias helps with putting the remaining luggage back on the carriage, after extracting bits and pieces of his own armor. He then suits up, grits his teeth, mumbles "Heavy armor never killed anyone", and starts walking when everyone is ready.

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Shusen.net weblog like thingie Smile.
02-01-2012 16:57:44
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 6.225
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #192
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
As Linneas and his men start walking again and the horses slowly start pulling the carriage forward, the Endieran frowns as he leans out the carriage window. "You know, commander, there is still one free spot available here, next to the lovely Olivia. If you would like it, we would be honored to have you with us." A friendly smile froms at Gavin's lips. You are a bit wounded, after all."

Gavin looks at the other footmen and smiles a modest smile. "I could also loan you brave folk some Crowns to purchase a horse or pony? I sport very reasonable rates, even if I do say so myself."

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
05-01-2012 13:41:50
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaszaH Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 2.365
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #193
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
"he can sit next to me. I'll tend to his wounds the best I can."

don't underestimate the cosmic power of french toast!
05-01-2012 14:00:53
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline
Moderator
*****

Posts: 6.570
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #194
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
JLT* Wrote:The merchant's smile fades as he casts a serious look toward the captured Goblin. "As for a ransom from his people, this cretin may first tell us who his people are and who funded this fine equipment, before we might even consider listening to his plea."

The goblin simply says, "We are goblins. Humans stole our land so we steal back. Our king is strong and cunning, and his magic is older and deeper than that of your witch." He speaks off his people with pride and of humans with contempt, except when he refers to Olivia - he too heard her speak and has a grudging respect for her.

"Our weapons and wargs were gifted to us by our Vardul-Koss."

When he sees nobody recognizes the term, he adds: "Our... general outside war. Master of hunting and raiding."

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
05-01-2012 14:13:54
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wolfy Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 1.874
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #195
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
"I prefer my man to sit in the carriage, he needs the rest more then I do. Our lack of horses has been an oversight, which will be rectified as soon as possible."

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Shusen.net weblog like thingie Smile.
05-01-2012 15:45:19
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 1.999
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #196
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
Ser Corvid, now fully clad in impressive Ghoerian black steel, opens his visor and adds, "and that we would be save travelling in little Roesone is another oversight we should do well not to repeat." followed by an approving and appreciative nod to Linnias for wearing his armor despite his wound or its weight.

Licensed.
05-01-2012 16:09:14
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wolfy Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 1.874
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #197
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
"You live and learn, eh?" Says Linnias while shruggin his shoulders.

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Shusen.net weblog like thingie Smile.
05-01-2012 16:36:54
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 3.915
Joined: Jun 2007
Post: #198
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
"The important thing is that you live. And we did"

World's biggest squirrel!
05-01-2012 23:46:10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 6.225
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #199
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
SageGenesis Wrote:The goblin simply says, "We are goblins. Humans stole our land so we steal back. Our king is strong and cunning, and his magic is older and deeper than that of your witch." He speaks off his people with pride and of humans with contempt, except when he refers to Olivia - he too heard her speak and has a grudging respect for her.

"Our weapons and wargs were gifted to us by our Vardul-Koss."

When he sees nobody recognizes the term, he adds: "Our... general outside war. Master of hunting and raiding."

Gavin shakes his head. "I think the reward for your capture will be higher than any ransom you might be worth. Besides, I was hoping the authorities in this province would be rather on route anyway. Let them sort out your ransom." With an evil smile, Gavin adds: "Although, if I were a betting man I would place my crowns on the gallows or the block, to be absolutely honest."

Mr. Brass ties the captured Goblin leader firmly to the back of the carriage and the party continues heading east, keeping an eye out for the home of the lord of this province.

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
10-01-2012 14:18:00
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline
Moderator
*****

Posts: 6.570
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #200
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
Your voyage continues on into the Bellam province. The landscape becomes hillier and more rugged with every mile, and eventually the road becomes more winding as it snakes around gorges, downs, and rocky bluffs. Flocks of sheep and goats meander about on distant grasslands high and low. Towards the far north stand imposing mountains, green at their roots and stern gray at their crowns. They are a natural barrier against forces from Ghoere and an imposing sight. Young nobles have made it a sport to scale the peaks in recent years, a challenge even for the Blooded.

Before you reach Buineridge town and the castle next to it, a score of horsemen in chain-and-plate flying the colors and banners of the Bellamie family meets you. Their leader is a somewhat portly man past the age of 40, once perhaps a grand soldier but long since promoted to patrolling a safe and dull road. His face is ruddy and sports an impressive black beard. He raises his hand in greeting and calls out, "Good day travelers! I am Sir Lanem-Bellamie, riding out with my men for safekeeping these lands. Are there any troubles to the west?"

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
18-01-2012 19:58:48
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 




User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
float: right;