Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
SageGenesis Offline

Linnias' axe falls upon the warg, which twists and jumps to avoid the blow as best it can, but the steel finds its way and cuts deep into a shoulder blade and several ribs. It yelps and its goblin rider curses at Linnias in his crude and ugly language. The wound is deep, and rich red blood trickles out at an unhealthy rate.

The goblins retaliate by striking at the front lines, which are Linnias, Ser Corvid, Brutus, Mr Brass, and Linnias' three comrades in arms. Mr Brass and one of the Boeruinean highlanders is hit. Mr Brass was wearing his mail harness, being on guard duty and it's light enough to wear for longer times, and it fully absorbs the gleaming hanger sword the goblin slashed with, to no effect. The highlander is not so lucky and gets stabbed in the groin area. The actual damage is slight but one inch to the right and he'd never be able to sire children.

Then Brutus, Mr Brass, and the highlanders retaliate. The goblins narrowly manage to avoid the attacks of the first two. But one of the highlanders hacks into the shoulder of the goblin he's squared off against, nearly severing the arm. The goblin falls from his warg with a shriek and curls up into a ball, clutching at the wound.

Don't attack the balls of Boeruinean men. They will fuck you up in return.

((OOC: Even though we said "no game mechanics", that goblin just took a -12 penalty to his Strength score and he's bleeding out at a rate of 4 body points per round. Even if he manages to survive this fight he'll have a permanent -2 reduction to his Strength that can never be cured.))

Next up is Olivia. After that Gavin and then Ser Corvid. Give 'em hell guys!

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
26-11-2011 21:00:52
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wolfy Offline
Posting Freak

((OOC:
Quote:Don't attack the balls of Boeruinean men. They will fuck you up in return.
Like!))

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Shusen.net weblog like thingie Smile.
26-11-2011 22:45:09
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaszaH Offline
Posting Freak

for some sort of reason, Olivia starts to glow... she starts to speak, but her voice has turned into liquid golden honey. as she speaks to the head goblin. "you will go home, you will not be able to win this battle, leave us NOW. you will take your men with you, but you will leave, NOW" the power of her voice, seems to be irresistible, she can not be ignored

don't underestimate the cosmic power of french toast!
(This post was last modified: 27-11-2011 04:01:25 by scroipt.)
27-11-2011 03:43:46
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

((OOC..Like! ^_^ ))

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
27-11-2011 12:26:37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline

Olivia's honeyed voice washes over the fields and for the briefest of moments the clamor of battle calms. Then the silence is broken as the largest goblin struggles with his mount, which is slobbering and thirsty for blood. Unable to command his warg to turn around, the goblin instead hurls himself of its back and lands with a heavy thud on the grass.

Olivia speaks with the grace of the gods. When she speaks the whole world holds its breath.

The goblins look confused at their leader but pay it no further heed. There are still humans to slaughter and rob! Except maybe for that woman, they're not sure yet.

((OOC: Based on the "liquid golden honey" voice bit, I assumed she was using her Glorious Voice gift to further enhance her spell. And as you can see, it worked. This costs Olivia 2 spirit points, still leaving her with 34.

More importantly, her voice is so glorious that everybody present just took an Awe 2 binding towards Olivia. This means you have a -2 penalty to any checks that oppose her, but also a +1 bonus to any checks that directly serve her. You may choose to suppress this sensation with a Willpower test, but the binding is permanent unless you buy it off.))

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
27-11-2011 12:45:19
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

It is difficult to focus after Olivia's spell, but as the skirmish slowly regains its full fire, the merchant tries to stay close to ser Corvid and mr. Brass without getting in their way. For now, the main goal is evading and defending himself and his friend at the best of his abilities, trying to remember the basics of swordplay his father had taught when the man was still alive.

"Pay attention, Gavin! And keep that sword arm up! A good parry might and will save your life one day!" Father's words echo through the young Endieran's mind.

With a small, sparing smile Gavin mutters to himself. "Strangly enough, your lessons never involved fighting feral wolflike beast the size of small horses, father."

Without smiling, he whispers. "I could really use some of that luck now, my Lady."

27-11-2011 20:24:48
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Ser Corvid lets his shield do most of the defending while he closely observes his opponent, waiting for an opening, and right as the goblin looks away at his confused leader, Ser Corvids blade descends on the goblins head.

Licensed.
27-11-2011 20:32:55
SageGenesis Offline

The goblin facing Ser Corvid looked away for only the briefest of moments but it was enough: the Ghoere-forged blade strikes down on the foul creature's head, hacking through the hood, the skull, its left eye, the teeth, and eventually coming to a halt only when slicing open the goblin's tongue. With a fierce kick Ser Corvid knocks back the dead goblin and frees his sword.

((OOC: One-hit kill! It's late so I do some remaining NPCs' turns tomorrow before it's finally Vincenti's turn.))

29-11-2011 03:24:16
SageGenesis Offline

Two of Gavin's men keep close to their boss. They aren't equipped, trained, or paid to deal with goblins, but they're loyal enough to stick together and form a secondary line of defense around him. The third approaches Olivia instead, smitten as he is, and acts like a human shield for her.

Then the other goblins reach the melee, save of course for their leader who is scrambling up and starts walking away. Two of them are furious at Ser Corvid and descend upon him with their heavy maces but the knight swiftly evades their wild swings. Another takes the place of the one that fell at the hands of the Boeruinean highlander, but he too misses. Mister Brass is also attacked and receives a glancing blow that does no lasting harm.

Linnias fares much poorer. He attempts to fend off a mace but instead of managing to parry it, the strike hits his sword-arm!

The carriage driver huddles in fear somewhere at the back.

((OOC: Linnias takes a hit worth 12 body points, leaving him with 23. Next up is Vincenti and then we move on to the next phase. Since initiative is cyclical that means after Vincenti is Linnias again.))

29-11-2011 20:33:50
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

Vincenti is no stranger to combat, and knows that he has no place in it. He remains behind the defensive line of brave warriors, ready to either care for wounded. He keeps an eye out for Goblin's trying to flank or surround the party.

World's biggest squirrel!
30-11-2011 11:00:46
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

"Come on Linnias, show these wretched little creatures what you are made of!"

Licensed.
01-12-2011 15:16:51
wolfy Offline
Posting Freak

Linnias grimaces after the hit on his right arm ((seeing how he is swining a ginourmous axe around)), but decides to press on.

His own hit did not have the desired outcome, so he focuses his efforts on the motherfucking goblin which just hit him. He slips on his Warlike Visage, growls a bit, and uses the mace imparted momentum to swing his axe in the general direction (exactly) of the goblin.

((OOC: This all assuming the hit imparts to penalty's. And I am wondering what our resident priest (Vincenti) can do to negate that whooping 12 bodily damage...))

01-12-2011 23:02:55
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

((ooc: you're confusing pastors with clerics Tongue))

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2011 23:50:09 by Meer.)
01-12-2011 23:48:12
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

((OOC: hits imparts to penalties? Incase you thought you had a -12 on skills, you dont. Sage said that rule can only be found in one table and is stupid so no. Dont call a for a priest in this setting you dont want one, if you need one someone else will call for you because by then you cant))

Licensed.
02-12-2011 00:15:58
SageGenesis Offline

Linnias can see through the holes of the hood how the goblin's eyes widen with dread just as his axe cuts into the goblin's knee with bone-splintering force. It howls in pain and yanks wildly at the warg's neck-hairs, commanding it to turn away from this battle.

But the other goblins are made of sterner stuff than that and press on. Swords flash in and out and blood is drawn from a few human defenders, though the cuts are shallow and they will surely live and recover.

For their part they give as good as they receive, striking at goblin and warg alike to the best of their ability. Slight wounds are caused but not one spectacular death-blow amongst them.

((OOC: Hier en daar een paar puntjes van NPCs. En dan is het nu weer tijd voor Olivia, Gavin, en Ser Corvid.))

02-12-2011 13:07:43
MaszaH Offline
Posting Freak

Olivia maintains that strange supernatural glow, but her shape seems to change.. her hair becomes shorter and more bristly, and more hair seems to be growing on her face and arms. They also seem to change their shape. Her hands become more like claws and tusks sprout from where her beautiful face once was.

Where Olivia once stood, now a warg stands. But it seems different somehow, it

don't underestimate the cosmic power of french toast!
02-12-2011 14:05:26
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Seeing a few unexpected elements popping up and still annoyed he was caught without his codpice on he decides he needs bit more defensive umpf and a small incantation his will is done as he catches a mace with his shield.

((OOC:more armorz))

Licensed.
02-12-2011 21:28:16
SageGenesis Offline

((OOC: Assuming Gavin keeps clear of the brawl.))

Olivia pounces a goblin and catches an arm in between her jaws. The leather covering tastes foul, full of grime and old stains. The goblin wrenches his arm free but blood seeps out from underneath his armor.

The fight continues as the heavy goblins swing their maces and spur on their wargs to bite. One of them comes dangerously close to smashing Ser Corvid but he deflects the blow away with his shield. ((OOC: Just like he said, prophetic words!))

One of the Linnias' highlanders is less fortunate and catches a mace in the chest and has the wind knocked out of him. He falls down with a groan - he'd scream if it weren't for a cracked rib that makes all breathing and vocalizing painful.

Seeing this casualty emboldens the goblins. For a moment the lighter ones looked worried about the grand displays of magic and martial skill, but seeing one of their enemies fall reassures them that these humans can die like any other.

((OOC: He's not dead but he won't be fighting anymore for now. Vincenti is up and then Linnias again.))

04-12-2011 21:27:07
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

((OOC: Oh, I was waiting for the results of Olivia's action.. Didn't know you were waiting for me. Smile ))

04-12-2011 23:33:50
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Ser Corivd looks concerned at the fallen highlander and takes a step in his direction and yells "Linnias, strike down that goblin and watch over your man while the father takes care of him, I'll cut this one down to size!" and Ser Corvid tries to engage the offending goblins head.

Licensed.
05-12-2011 22:42:31
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

Always keeping his eyes on the attacking Goblins, Vincenti grabs the shoulders of the fallen highlander and pulls him back, out of the fray. Calling upon the memories of of past injuries from the time he was on the road, he binds the man's wounds as well as he can.

World's biggest squirrel!
06-12-2011 13:12:46
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

As Corvid and Linnias step in to close ranks around the fallen comrade, Gavin orders his men to cover Vincenti as the Pastor swiftly drags the Boeruinian into the second line of trees. Gavin and the guards keep enemies at a distance with their spears, so Pastor Vincenti can get to him. "Keep close, and watch for flankers!"

With a crooked smile, Gavin shouts at the driver and the guard who wanted to get close to Olivia. "Close ranks! I understand the witch is impressive, but we need to stay together if we want to survive this!"

06-12-2011 13:27:06
wolfy Offline
Posting Freak

((OOC: Not really sure about my position in relation to my fallen comrade in arms. Although my weapon does have some reach. So, yeah, if I don't have to move to cover, I want to turn on Beserkir Ekstatis 2 and then hit the offending goblin, otherwise I move into covering position and hit the offending goblin. Of course, only if I can move without incurring opportunity attacks.

And since I don't know what I can do, I can't really do a proper description Smile ))

06-12-2011 19:16:25
SageGenesis Offline

The fallen highlander will live, especially with the good care of Vincenti and Gavin.

The goblins roar in triumph at seeing one of the enemy fall but their joy is a short-lived one. Linnias now has the full fury of a god and the goblins engaging him are only too happy to allow him to engage someone else. With inhuman might he leaps up and lets his weapon fall upon the goblin who struck down his friend. The other goblins watch in horror as the great axe cleaves through a shoulder, the ribs, the heart, the guts, and even breaks the spine of the warg underneath.

The lighter goblins scream in fear and yank at the neck and ears of their wargs, so hard that they buck and reach back to snap at their riders. But they insist in their commands, turn, and ride off. These humans are far too dangerous!

Brutus, Brass, and the two remaining highlanders redouble their efforts and focus on the remaining goblins, whom they now outnumber. Although none of the enemy receives any mortal blows, they are battered and cut and besieged from all sides!

((OOC: Next up Olivia, Gavin, and Corvid.))

09-12-2011 16:12:13
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Emboldened by the fleeing goblins Ser Corvid hands his shield to the men behind him, the father, Gavin or one of his guards, "here, hold on to this for me, I am going to get myself a new fur coat" and with that Ser Corvid grabs his sword with two hands and tries to engage the big grey warg.

((OOC: if the grey is out of reach an other big/undamaged warg will do. For the purpose to preserve the pelt I think a stab attack is needed in the face or chest, whichever will yield the best pelt.))

Licensed.
11-12-2011 18:26:12

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
float: right;