Post Reply 
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
MaszaH Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 2.347
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #51
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
are you not joining us sir Gavin? an influential man like you, could do much in such en endeavor. The streets as you know are paved with gold. A smart man as yourself could see this as an opportunity. And I

don't underestimate the cosmic power of french toast!
14-09-2011 14:59:10
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 6.028
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #52
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
Gavin ponders this sentiment for a bit. "In Aerenwe and Osoerde the streets consist mostly of dirt, I believe. Then again, the Calriemes are blooded and own at least two estates. And perhaps there is some trade to be gained as well, If I remember correctly they have invested a vast sum of their fortune in.. what was it again?


((OOC: @ GM, what does Gavin know about the financial state of the Calrieme family and their investments, if at all? If not, how can he find out?))

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
14-09-2011 15:07:05
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 1.936
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #53
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
"I am sure mr Gavin can support us in other ways if he so chooses, perhaps you or Linnias and his men require some horses. Let us also not forget to give the gods their due honours before we set out on our noble quest, to Healyn or Sarimie seems appropriate. Anyway I have some final matters to attend to, let the willing gather here at dawn tomorrow and then we shall ride out together." Ser Corvid gives a polite nod to mr Gavin and marches out full of purpose.

Licensed.
14-09-2011 15:17:44
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline
Moderator
*****

Posts: 6.164
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #54
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
JLT* Wrote:((OOC: @ GM, what does Gavin know about the financial state of the Calrieme family and their investments, if at all? If not, how can he find out?))

I made a roll on your behalf.

The Calrieme family is certainly not unknown to you. Until 19 years ago they were the royal family, until a peasant uprising overthrew the tyrannical king. The Calriemes who still live today are those who collaborated with the rebels, providing much needed inside help. The monarch was really quite insane and dangerous even to his own kin.

They own lands which produce hardy crops and a breed of sheep with rugged wool favored by sailors and explorers. More ambitiously, they have constructed great mills to drain the moor in Calrie province, pushing the soggy ground back to the edge of the river. Year by year, more useless bogs are converted to peat and fertile greenland.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
14-09-2011 15:32:33
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 6.028
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #55
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
"-What was it again? Oh, yes they are investing in healthy farmland for their swampy little province to expand the wool trade. Yes, perhaps there might be a proper investment there for my business. I think it is prudent to build a strong relationship with the family and what better way than to bring them their daughter back."

After ser Corvid steps out, Gavin turns to Olivia. "ser Corvid was right, my lady, I am not knighted and thus no sir. My late father was Baron of Morilden sworn to the Count of Endier, currently the good Guilder himself, and officially his title still stands. Although my dear mother owns the deeds to most of the Morilden lands, which is another story in itself and one I shall not divulge here, she joined the clergy. As their only child that would make me... Oh well, best not dwell on it, shall we? These things are kind of tedious and old fashioned anyway."

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2011 16:17:35 by Meer.)
14-09-2011 15:57:28
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 1.936
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #56
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
-The next morning-

Ser Corvid and a companion of his ride up to the meeting point, dismounts and greets those who are already gathered. "Let me introduce my right hand man, Brutus, we grew up together in Thoralinar, he is a man of Ghoere through and though so you know you can count on him" He certainly looks the part, that means soldier through and through right up to the cropped hairdo with a sword on his hip and a shield on his side emblazoned with a black raven on a red backdrop, Ser Corvids personal heraldry.

Licensed.
15-09-2011 13:31:46
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 6.028
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #57
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
At Gavin's estate, three servants are busy packing bags and trunks upon the carriage. The merchant himself is not yet present, though.

Mr. Fenton Brass sits on a stool honing a dirk as ser Corvid and Brutus arrive. He welcomes them and excuses Gavin for his tardiness. Brass strokes his moustache and points at the amount of bags and trunks being loaded upon the coach.

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
16-09-2011 09:46:45
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wolfy Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 1.834
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #58
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
Linnias arrives shortly after ser Corvid does. Bringing three extra man, simply clad in mail and carrying broad swords.

"Hello and good morning. This is what I have for an army these days." He jokingly says "They're named Aeric, Blaede and Carel."

Upon seeing the carriage, and the amount of luggage Gavin is planning on taking, he simply shakes his head and gives a small grimace.

Muttering "Posh merchants, they never learn, do they." This may have been muttered a bit to loud.

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Shusen.net weblog like thingie Smile.
16-09-2011 13:41:18
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 3.873
Joined: Jun 2007
Post: #59
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
Vincenti arrives together with his wife. He carries a backpack that looks like it's been around the world twice. Miranda (Vincenti's wife) tells him: "You make sure you come back to me, alright? And quick, too. No wanderlust, you hear?"
With a smile and a kiss Vincenti assures her he has no intention to stay gone for longer then needed. "We'll be right back. And look at all the muscle that will be protecting me!"
"Back in the day we were in a small group. That way it was easier to stay under the radar. Now you'll need all the muscle your bringing. You lot make sure my husband returns safe and sound, alright?"

World's biggest squirrel!
16-09-2011 18:54:04
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wolfy Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 1.834
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #60
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
"On my honor, mrs Gallo"

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Shusen.net weblog like thingie Smile.
17-09-2011 07:34:47
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 6.028
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #61
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
Gavin slowly and gracefully steps outside through the magnificent entrance of his manor. Three of his rough and burly guards follow and take their places on the coach; one beside the driving servant on the perch and two on the boot at the back. Gavin walks toward his friends with open arms. "Welcome, my friends! Welcome!"

Gavin heads toward Vincenti, smiles, then bows deep before him and his wife. "Would the two of you grant me the pleasure of joining me inside the carriage? We have some refreshments inside and I can personally guarantee that it is safer and far more comfortable than riding a horse for five days." Gavin turns to Miranda and smiles his brightest smile. "You will be joining us, won't you, madam?"

Turning to Linnias, the merchant shakes his hand. "You and your brave men will protect the lady and us simple folk in the carriage I am sure, won't you, brave Linnias?" Also patting ser Corvid firmly on the back, Gavin adds: "And our fearless knight knows the entire way through Ghoere like the back of his hand; the land, the people and their customs. I think we could not ask for better and abler men to accompany us on this journey."

Staring at the gate, Gavin strokes his short black beard. "Oh, I do pray dear Olivia is coming with, I was hoping she could entertain us with a song or two inside the carriage. Travelling is so very soporific, don't you agree, madam?"

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
21-09-2011 18:49:30
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 6.028
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #62
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
As morning slowly turns into mid-day, the travellers-to-be grow restless. "Mayhap she doesn't want to come with us after all?" the Endieran ponders out loud. "Or perhaps something has befallen her? Mr. Brass, would you be so kind as to check up on miss Olivia's whereabouts? maybe take Linnias or one of his men with you?"

Brass nods, mounts up and rides off toward Olivia's current place of residence.

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
24-09-2011 13:23:02
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaszaH Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 2.347
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #63
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
(ooc sorry voor de late reactie Wink)

When Olivia finally arrives, she looks like hell warmed over. Her hair is a tangled mess, she

don't underestimate the cosmic power of french toast!
24-09-2011 16:02:06
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 6.028
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #64
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
While Olivia freshens up, Gavin spreads out a map of southern Anuire. "If we head up stream toward Moerel we can find a well-stocked travellers inn just outside town." Gavin smiles a wicked smile. "The women there are clean and willing, as well."

Tracing his finger through the barony of Diemed, Gavin taps twice at the Tier province. "Here, there is a simple wayside inn which will have to do. If we make it a short stop, on the third day we could ride longer and are able to reach Caercas in the barony of Roesone. From there it takes two more days to reach Calrie, we shall ask for good inns on the road when we get to Roesone."

Gavin rolls up the map and gives it to his driver. "In Caercas the people don't look kindly upon Ghoerans, so we might also choose to travel around Roesone, and take the Endieran traderoads eastward into Ghoere. This will take us two to three days longer, but with a Ghoeran knight at our side we will run into less trouble."

Gavin smiles at his new friends. "What do you think?"

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
(This post was last modified: 27-09-2011 09:39:14 by Meer.)
27-09-2011 09:36:21
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wolfy Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 1.834
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #65
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
(OOC: I am not convinced Gavin sees us as friends, more like cannon fodder, to be spent whenever needed. Or is that the definition of friendship in Cerilia?))

"I must say, this is quite different from my travels in the past. This talk of good inns on the road is not what I am used to. But hey, if his 'lordship' wants to sleep in flee ridden beds, be my guest."

"The route itself sounds good, but if need be we can disguise our Ghoeran knight, so we won't have to travel longer than absolutely necessary. Me and my man should be able to handle any troubles in those lands."

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Shusen.net weblog like thingie Smile.
27-09-2011 11:09:27
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 6.028
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #66
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
Gavin frowns. "Your lordship is not necessary, Gavin will do. The cynical tone is definitely not necessary, I thought we were all friends here on a brave quest to help out another friend. Also, may it be evident that by his honor our brave knight will never disguise himself for a bunch of Roesonean commoners. All I meant to say was, if we want no trouble, we go through Ghoere."

Gavin smiles again. "additionally, you may be sure that if I arrive at one of these inns, the proprietor will know of my coming afore and will make sure I receive a bed without the bugs."

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
(This post was last modified: 27-09-2011 11:30:23 by Meer.)
27-09-2011 11:29:48
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 3.873
Joined: Jun 2007
Post: #67
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
"I think very few of us are used to the travel style of our friend Gavin. Personaly I think it'll be a welcome change from the roadside bushes. I will gladly ride with Gavin in his carriage. Unfortunatly my wife will not join us, as someone needs to stay behind and watch the house." As Vincenti is speaking, he lays an arm around Linnias's shoulders. He subtely pulls Linnias aside.
"It is unwise to strain budding relationships with early judgments. Observe a little longer, and maybe give someone the benefit of doubt before you judge. Otherwise, this might turn out to become a long journey."

World's biggest squirrel!
27-09-2011 13:43:11
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 1.936
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #68
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
"Ha I dont intend to wear a dress if that is what you are suggesting!" on a more serious note that does not last long Ser Corvid continues "though the situation demands a certain element of haste so ill put away my shield and we will just be two more of Linnias men, and ill tell Brutus to smile more".
"About the inns, I know the stary night sky has so its charms but I am going to trust Gavin that he will now his inns" Ser Corvid turns to Vincenti "Please lead us in a prayer so we may have the gods blessings on our quest"

((OOC: what is the date/ season anyway again and what do I call Vincenti? father reverend his holyness? ))

Licensed.
(This post was last modified: 18-10-2011 13:46:05 by Knightwood.)
27-09-2011 15:37:16
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline
Moderator
*****

Posts: 6.164
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #69
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
((OOC: It's late summer/early fall, which is warm but pleasant down here on the Souther Coast. Vincenti is a pastor, technically. But he does not run his own church so you can just call him by his name and get away with it.

Finally, it'll take you about a week to reach your destination, and presumably also a week to get back. Don't forget the grand ball of the Presentation is in one month! Miss it and you'll be out of the loop for a while, which translates to loss of income and opportunities!))

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
27-09-2011 15:56:52
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 3.873
Joined: Jun 2007
Post: #70
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
"Ah, but ofcourse! Please, gather around." As Vincenti leads the group in to a prayer, his whole demeanor changes. This is not a humble prayer to ask for safe passage, this is more a warning for those who dare oppose this group, blessed by Healyn. The fury of Vincenti's prayer washes over the group. It's words long spoken when the group sets out for the open road, but it's influence still lingering. If there was doubt, it is now gone. This will be a safe journey, woe upon those who say otherwise.

((OOC: I have no idea wether or not my prayers have any gaming influence, or wether I can just say what the influence of my slight unorthodox prayer has on my fellow players.))

World's biggest squirrel!
27-09-2011 16:27:01
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline
Moderator
*****

Posts: 6.164
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #71
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
Jazzper-11 Wrote:((OOC: I have no idea wether or not my prayers have any gaming influence, or wether I can just say what the influence of my slight unorthodox prayer has on my fellow players.))

((OOC: Technically you need Invocation points to even attempt this, which you'd usually gain by making an Offering Ritual once per week during the holy day. We'll assume that you had a few points left over from previously in your life and just spent them.

For the next 3 days you have 3 levels of the Dreadful Visage Gift, which can fill people with Dread. There are two important limitations though;

First, it only works on people who try to prevent you from traveling.

Second, the Gift is weaker in places and people less devoted to Haelyn. For example, at some point you will travel through Medoere, which is a theocracy devoted to the god Ruornil. There are some Haelyn worshippers there too, but they belong to the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn chuch, which is not yours. So in that country it works less strongly or maybe even not at all, depending on who you meet.

Yes, all those religious wars really do have a practical cause...))

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
27-09-2011 17:23:44
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 6.028
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #72
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
As the riders mount their horses and the carriage with an empowered Vincenti, a freshly cleaned Olivia and a very impressed Gavin slowly pulls out the gates of the manor, the Endieran merchant fills three glasses of chilled gold apple wine. "That was... Impressive, Pastor Gallo. You have wakened in me a new-found respect for the ways of the god of valour. Which is your job, no doubt, but still, I am inspired."

As the Carriage reaches the road, Gavin takes two sealed letters from his fancy coat, leans out of the carriage window and hands it to a man who was leaning against a tree. "Take this one to Dhosiere, and this one safely to Coumain, if you would, Teal? Thank you." Gavin flips a silver coin toward the man who is dressed in old greenish clothes with a pair of faded black scales on the back of his cloak.

Gavin turns to his friends in the carriage, smiles, and continues. "Tell me, pastor, could you tell me more of Haelyn's teachings of valour? I have spent much time in a monastery, but the teachings of Sarimie are very different. Here, let me show you."

Gavin takes a silver piece from the inside of his glove, mouths a silent prayer and throws the coin outside. "There, see. I have honoured my patron by parting with a small part of my own belongings, inadvertently granting some poor sod great luck the moment he finds a piece of silver in the road."

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
(This post was last modified: 28-09-2011 13:12:25 by Meer.)
28-09-2011 12:04:06
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 6.028
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #73
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
Leaving the city, the fellowship makes for an impressive sight. With a powerful Ghoeran knight in the lead, followed by four soldiers; One Ghoeran, and three Boeruinians, the carriage looks well protected. Inside the carriage are probably either a wealthy merchant, an important cleric, or both, accompanied by a concubine or wife. A Boeruinian officer and a mercenary with a big moustache bring up the rear, seemingly discussing the merits of sword and shield versus powerful two handed weapons.

They follow the road north-east along the Maesil towards Moerel in Diemed, turning many a peasant's head, making them wonder who are inside the black carriage.

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
30-09-2011 12:26:34
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 6.028
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #74
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
Outside the carriage the busy river Maesil flows slowly toward the city. Gavin sits back and takes a sip of chilled cider. "I do hope we won't run into any trouble on this trip. I have faith in the law abiding citizens of Diemed, not to mention the frequent patrols on the well traveled roads here. My worries are toward Medoere, where the theocracy does not fully control the Northern province. There is some lawlessness there, it is said that there are guilds in control who do not always care about the laws of great Ruornil."

Gavin smiles at Olivia. "No need to worry, nothing that our mighty entourage can't handle."

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
02-10-2011 20:49:07
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak
*****

Posts: 6.028
Joined: Oct 2005
Post: #75
Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
A few hours later, dusk slowly creeps up on the travellers. "We should be getting close to Moerel just about now, maybe another hour or two." Gavin says assuringly to his companions. "The Inn I was talking about earlier sits between the riverside and the road, servicing the boatmen and the carriages. They must make good money."

Gavin smiles again. "Let me know what you think of the inn, their accommodations and the servants. I might want to purchase the establishment in the future."

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
04-10-2011 13:28:26
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 




User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
float: right;