Birthright: Bloodlust (IC)
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Gavin stands. "Although, if I were a gambling man who looks for signs to boost his luck, which I most certainly am not, by the by, I would like to mention the following."

The young merchant steps around the room, pretends to ponder for a second and continues. "When jumbled, the letters in Claire's first name point at the foul little border country the Source of the Maesil hails from."

Gavin smiles. "Also, when we put Ser Corvid's name to that test, it points to the 'River docs', though misspelled, which could be a sign in itself. As said, I am not one for signs, but maybe our dear follower of Haelyn might shed some light on these kinds of things?"

Satisfied and amused by his random little findings, Gavin smiles some more and sits down again.

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
24-08-2011 11:46:45
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaszaH Offline
Posting Freak

don't underestimate the cosmic power of french toast!
26-08-2011 18:38:54
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Smiling a sad smile, Gavin comforts Olivia by patting her hand. "We will find your sister, my lady. Talking to this man Sleame might be just the way to meet a few of the movers and shakers in the lower end of the world of commerce here in this great city. Who knows, perhaps this man is entirely reasonable. We won't know until we meet with him. Let's device a contingency plan for when he shows not to be, though."

Gavin's smile brightens again. "Now let's follow the lady's wishes and leave this subject for tomorrow, and exchange it for a merrier one. Linnias, do tell us, are the Boeruinian women as frigid as they say?"

27-08-2011 14:48:44
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wolfy Online
Posting Freak

Linnias starts telling stories about the supposed frigidness of Boeruinian woman, some of the adventures he's had while on the road with his comrades in arms and (after having drunk enough wine) about this secret he knows but swore not to tell to anyone.

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Shusen.net weblog like thingie Smile.
29-08-2011 09:22:06
SageGenesis Online

((OOC: It seems folks aren't entirely sure what to do, so I'll just prod you along a bit: after a few more days of listening around and doing some research, you all find out in various ways that Gharel Slaeme's name was brought in connection with certain activities that were illegal even back in Cariele - possibly slavery although that's not definite. Because he's connected he was promoted to a far-away land, in this case all the way to the City of Anuire, instead of having to face judgment.

There's now a new scene, which takes place in Gavin Morilden's home; Jelte, you get to play the good host this time. You can now all discuss what to do with this new information and how to proceed.

I would also like to repeat that in this game you are the ones who will make the plot happen. Passivity will lead you nowhere. Go do something. Anything.))

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
29-08-2011 19:22:36
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Gavin personally picks up his guests at the gate of his opulent mansion with a nice, sturdy looking carriage. He bids his driver to make haste. "But not too much haste, I don't want my guests deprived of this marvellous view of the garden." He adds, smiling.

Near the main entrance, two rough looking burly guards and four servants with unmistakably low-born accents stand to attention and offer the guests to handle their baggage and anything else they do not wish to carry themselves.

The young merchant smiles as his new friends gawk at the decadent opulence of the mansion. "As I said before, there are too many rooms in this place for only myself and some very friendly servants, although it costs a small fortune to maintain. My servants will lead each of you to a room where you can refresh yourself a bit. After, please join me and my friend mr. Brass in the parlour for some wine?" Gavin smiles a wry smile. "I have little to offer for dinner as of yet, as none of my servants seem to be able to prepare a proper meal."

29-08-2011 21:14:27
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

Wile marvelling at the mansion and it's contents, Vincenti says: "I guess that's one of the perks of being married, the wife is a pretty good cook. You're more then welcome to join us for dinner sometime, though looking around I think our standards might be a bit different."
After shortly visiting his appointed room, Vincenti ventures to the parlour. With a glass of wine in hand, he (tries?) to engage mr. Brass in a discussion about the wonderful art displayed throughout the mansion while waiting for the others to show.

World's biggest squirrel!
31-08-2011 16:12:56
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Mr. Fenton Brass is a mighty muscular man standing at least six foot seven. His coarse, rough voice and accent are tempered by a soft, friendly and easygoing demeanor. He excuses himself and tries to explain that he has no teachings whatsoever in the arts, except the art of swordplay which he learned from his father, who was sheriff of Morildon. This day however, he fancies a mighty warhammer over a sword, which is an art in itself, he claims.

"Ah, you've met my best friend mr. Brass." The young Endieran says as he steps into the parlour to join Vincenti and Fenton. "We have been best friends since childhood, and I owe him my life on more than one occasion." Gavin smiles, pats Fenton on the back, and adds. "He might also be of some use when we need a mighty hammering or two in our quest to get this woman Claire back."

31-08-2011 21:49:23
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

"You are blessed indeed, mr. Gavin. As a man of the cloth I have never needed protection of the kind that mr. Brass here would provide. But I have not been a man of the cloth all my life, and can appreciate a good, strong friend such as him. For me, it used to be my sister. But I settled here in Anuire and she couldn't."

01-09-2011 09:07:25
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

((OOC: You're making it sound dirty. The relationship between Fenton and Gavin is strictly platonic :lol: )

02-09-2011 11:17:09
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

((OOC: I would hope so, because I just compared that relationship to the one I have with my sister! =) )

02-09-2011 12:10:46
wolfy Online
Posting Freak

Linnias freshens himself up in his assigned quarters before joining the group in the parlor. He partakes of a glass wine, and grins a bit about the misplaced art talk. Not that Linnias knows anything about art, but still...

"Ah, mr Brass. It seems that you and I share interest in the finer arts of using weapons. Perhaps later, when time permits we can compare the differences in our forms."

[[OOC]] I cant remember which weapon Linnias prefers, something I will look up when I return. And another point, I dislike talking for other people, what is 'normal' in these play by forum games?

02-09-2011 23:03:09
SageGenesis Online

((OOC: It's acceptable to gloss over the small talk with minor NPCs, even if that means you're putting words in their mouth. If you want to arrange a sparring match with mr Brass then that's fine, there's no real need to wait for my response. But you couldn't do the same with Gharel Slaeme or the people who kidnapped Claire, for instance.))

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
02-09-2011 23:44:39
wolfy Online
Posting Freak

((OOC: and with PCs?))

03-09-2011 08:20:23
SageGenesis Online

((OOC: Ah yeah, that's trickier I admit. You can assume PCs greet you back if you greet them, but that's about it. The best way is to avoid having to talk for others excessively. Give out all your arguments or reasons in one go, and then leave it to others to respond, for example.))

03-09-2011 10:21:21
wolfy Online
Posting Freak

((OOC: Ok, good to know Smile ))

Linnias is quit clear. Research into these kidnappings is not his strong point, but if a sword is needed, he is willing to lend is arm.

03-09-2011 12:01:47
MaszaH Offline
Posting Freak

This truly is a marvelous home you have here, and you are to kind to take all of us in. If one of your servants could be so kind as to take my luggage inside.

don't underestimate the cosmic power of french toast!
03-09-2011 12:21:09
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

(OOC: Okay, I'm going to try something here, stop me if I go too far.)

As the others slowly gather in the parlour of the Endieran's majestic home, two servants pour some fine wine or cider if preferred but remain mostly silent.

Vincenti, Olivia and Gavin all sit in finely decorated chairs as brave Linnias, Mr Brass and Ser Corvid prefer to remain standing. Gavin too now stands, smiles briefly at his guests and commences to welcome his new friends in his home. "My new friends, I have offered to host this meeting as we all think it of utmost import to reclaim the lost sister of Olivia, who was kidnapped in Osoerde several weeks ago." Gavin for once does not smile, but looks dead serious as he continues. "After leaving our lord Dosieres home two days ago, Ser Corvid and I entertained an idea that has by now has proven to be somewhat fruitful, although maybe not so much as we had hoped."

Gavin sits down, but not before giving the floor to Ser Corvid. "Good Ser, would you be so kind as to divulge to our friends what you found out about the blooded Calrieme family, who now live in Anuire but still have kin in the forest of the Erebannien? Specifically what happened to their beautiful nineteen year old niece?"

04-09-2011 13:10:44
SageGenesis Online

((OOC: This is great. Keep it up!))

04-09-2011 13:20:39
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

After a brief pause Ser Corvid steps forward, not in his usuall fine clother but in well made leather armor suitable for riding and hard traveling with a sword and dirk at his hip "Thank you Gavin. As you all may know it is important to my family to keep a close watch for trouble spots in Anuire and Osoerde is just such a place, it has what some call a rebellion on its hands and it has allowed for banditry to grow rampant in the region, a fact we are all very aware off. Because of this we have established a friendly business relations with a certain Calrieme family who still have a branch living Aerenwe near the forest of the Erebannien in the family estate. When visiting them yesterday they gave me their grave news, they just received word that their niece had been kidnapped!."

After letting the news and shock set in for a moment Ser Corvid continues, "I know what you are thinking, How could a daughter of a noble family just get kidnapped like that. well it will not surprise you to hear that in Aerenwe the lumber guilds are powerful, not as much as in Carielle but still, the local law has conveniently chalked up the incident to rebels/bandits from the north and left it at that. We however know better and are more willing to properly investigate. The family have given us use of the estate there and all we require in our investigation including the service of a young blooded noble was supposed to keep their niece save, he was injured in the kidnapping but should be recovered enough to give us more details when we arrive should we chose to go, which I highly suggest we do in all haste now the trail is still hot."

Licensed.
(This post was last modified: 18-10-2011 13:44:41 by Knightwood.)
12-09-2011 12:48:25
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Gave wrinkles his nose. "What? And go to the Erebannien? Ourselves? Should we not hire agents to do these sorts of labours? I'm not sure I possess the appropriate attire to trudge in swamps and forests." Gavin considers for a moment. "Maybe if we all get together some funds, we would be able to hire some of the best wilderness folk around?"

The Endieran smiles again as he adds: "Or, we could send Linnias?"

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2011 14:08:01 by Meer.)
12-09-2011 14:07:24
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

"Please Gavin you know as well as I that they make no stories or songs about the merchant who bravely paid for other people to save the noble man's young and beautiful daughter from the hands of slavers"

Ser Corvid puts an arm around Gavin and gestures with his other to paint a picture in the air. "I mean Endier himself braved the spiderfel and bested the monster within to earn everlasting glory, not pay for some other people to do it for him."

Licensed.
12-09-2011 14:27:44
wolfy Online
Posting Freak

"Hear hear!"

12-09-2011 15:01:19
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

"Ah yes. The open road. I'll have to arrange some things with the misses ofcourse. And I am supposed to lead tomorrow's service. So if we are to leave before then, I'll have to pardon myself and go set things in motion for our travels."

14-09-2011 14:11:52
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

The merchant stands and claps his silk-gloved hands. "Right that is settled then. I am happier than a miser's widow that you are all so brave as to plunge head first into a forest trail." Gavin is all smiles when he adds: "I will just make sure you have some hot wine when you return here to tell your stories of the road."

14-09-2011 14:34:54

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
float: right;