Recipes
Oddman Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Recipes
By popular request at the Western Themed Poker Night:

I'd made a Portuguese soup, called Sopa Alentejana (soup from *drumroll* Alentejo, which is a proverbially rural area).

The way I made it that time is as follows:
Ingredients:
* 2 garlic bulbs (yes, bulbs, not 'toes'), peeled and roughly chopped
* 2 big bunches of coriander/cilantro, roughly chopped (hint: cheap at the Turkish store)
* 1 big bunch of parsley (I used the curly variety, but the flat type works just as well, possibly even better), roughly chopped. (also cheap at the Turkish store)
* 2 bay leaves ('laurierblad')
* a big, heaped tablespoon of rough sea salt (but I imagine any other kind works just as well. NaCl = NaCl)
* 2 liters of boiling water
* 5 eggs
* French bread (don't use standard Dutch bread; it becomes a gluey blob. Tougher, wheat-based bread (possibly with a touch of rye) is better. Pain de campagne if you can get it; doesn't matter if it's stale.)

Bung everything except the eggs and bread in a pot and leave to boil for 10 minutes or so.
Lower the heat so the soup is around boiling point but not bubbling. Carefully break in the eggs. Let simmer for as long as it takes for the eggs to reach the desired poachedness (4-6 minutes or thereabouts).
Scoop soup into bowls, make sure to get an egg for every serving. Add 3 slices of bread just before serving.

Slobber!
(This post was last modified: 18-11-2012 01:09:06 by Oddman.)
18-11-2012 01:08:05
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Klinkt goed. Grin

Of leest goed. Of whatever Smile

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
18-11-2012 11:57:09
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Oddman Offline
Posting Freak

Easy, too.
18-11-2012 14:10:20
MaszaH Offline
Posting Freak

dus wanneer gaan we dit uitproberen?

http://www.bbq-nl.com/2007/05/beer-can-chicken.html

don't underestimate the cosmic power of french toast!
11-07-2013 23:51:34
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
float: right;