Grimm
AlfaGirl Offline
Posting Freak

Grimm
I've decided to venture on the danger-ridden path of GM, so I've found this fun RPG called Grimm - The Roleplaying Game. Now I need some victi- I mean volunteers to play along. Please note: I have no GM'ing experience whatsoever, so what I really need is some experienced players who'll humour me and not mind being railroaded for a bit while I try and get my GM'ing working.
Grimm is based on a d6 system, as far as I can tell, and all characters are children between the age of 9 and 12. You end up in a world that is basically the Grimm Tales Gone Wrong.
I've called in the help of Belphanior to teach me some GM'ing tricks, so I will put in time and effort into making a good impression, in case intentions count for something...
I'd like to have a single try-out session for starters, sometime in either March or April. Most likely either a Thursday, Friday or Saturday evening.
Who's game?

"MacGyver" is the equivalent of Vulcan vintage human horror television.
20-02-2010 19:06:12
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline

Grimm
[Image: G7JDBCDEMJ4DLBHVK2DSNTS5OSQ2DHY2.gif]

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
20-02-2010 19:32:50
MaszaH Offline
Posting Freak

Grimm
i'm not what you'd call and expierenced player (eventho i've been playing for close to 4 years) but I'm interested if you'll have me Wink

don't underestimate the cosmic power of french toast!
20-02-2010 19:52:48
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

Grimm
For a committed campaign, dont know. For a single startersession, hell yeah! Smile

World's biggest squirrel!
20-02-2010 19:53:49
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wolfy Online
Posting Freak

Grimm
Getting into the idea of the game.

Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me! Grin

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Shusen.net weblog like thingie Smile.
20-02-2010 20:02:27
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AlfaGirl Offline
Posting Freak

Grimm
Well, first off it's just gonna be a pilot session, but if it works out and both players and myself like it, then I would like it to evolve into a campaign, though a semi-regular one - like, once a month or once every six weeks or so.
Also, other enthusiasts apparently are Oddman and Me(mel) and Goldylox - and Scroipt might also be interested as the location would be our place, depending on when.
Erm, that means I might actually need to make a selection, as I don't think I can handle more than 4 or 5 players, nor would that improve the game. Huh, who knew?! I was never this popular in school ;-) Were you? Were you Popular, or an Outcast? A Jock or a Nerd? A Dreamer or a Normal Kid? (hint: pick one. I'll fill y'all in later ;-) )

edit: One condition, I just got whispered in my ear, please do not read the book. One, because there is no separate monster manual; two, because I wanna surprise y'all Grin

edit 2: huh, that might actually be enough people to run two versions - but let's not run before I can walk...

(This post was last modified: 20-02-2010 23:55:43 by Sas.)
20-02-2010 23:40:40
AlfaGirl Offline
Posting Freak

Grimm
So, what kind of kid are you?

A Bully, who relies on Muscle to help him through the day? Bullies in the Real World (RW) reign supreme over their scared classmates because they're bigger and stronger and tougher - or at least can make other kids believe they are. They rely on minions and might have some leader potential - as long as it is the tyrannical kind of leadership. But in the Grimm Lands (GL), it turns out the Nerds and Dreamers and other targets in the RW have a power all their own - and intimidating them is a lot harder all of a sudden. Some Bullies can't handle the pressure, but others find unexpected resources and become defenders of their co-travelers - after all, they may be Nerds and Dreamers, but their his Nerds and Dreamers ;-) There is a downside to relying on Muscle and Scrapping abilities though - all that time pushing Nerds' heads in toilets doesn't leave you much room for studying, or developing social skills, or other activities or sports, and it shows... Then again, with the many physical dangers the GL throw at Real Kids (RK), sometimes a Scrapper is just what you need.

Or perhaps you

(This post was last modified: 27-02-2010 22:45:03 by Sas.)
26-02-2010 22:32:25
goldylox Offline
Parental Control Group

Grimm
Sounds pretty awesome Smile

Count me in as well, as you already knew Wink

Miew mriewiew mrrr mriew prrrr!!!
26-02-2010 22:54:09
AlfaGirl Offline
Posting Freak

Grimm
Okay, so next up on the descriptions list (Kids Archetypes are now complete, see above): Traits and Talents. Tune in tomorrow!

27-02-2010 22:48:04
wolfy Online
Posting Freak

Grimm
Ima gonna pick dreamer then Wink

28-02-2010 02:09:31
AlfaGirl Offline
Posting Freak

Grimm
Hmmm, Mel dibbed that one, I think... and you don't want two of the same...
Anyway, so far: Jasper said he wasn't in if it was a campaign, which it hopefully will be, so I'm going to be all decisive and decide he won't be in. Ot didn't really really wanna play this, and neither did Mark, so they're out too - I can run a single session with you guys sometime I guess, three is a nice number. Which leaves, I think, the group at Arik, Marcia, Mel, Jeroen en Wolf, which is absolute max as far as I'm concerned. This game specifically mentions to keep groups small - 5 is kinda big already, according to them.
First date has been set by me at 24 April (yes, that is in fact the first Saturday I didn't have plans yet).
Character creation: please email me what Archetype you'd like. It is very much not recommended to have more of the same type - they can't be adjusted so much that they won't overlap hugely. I don't want to do character creation here online, as I think it'll be way more fun if you guys only 'meet' each other once you're here (yes, Arik, I'm totally stealing your Anima setup). Here on the forum I'm going to be putting up only general information, any specific Traits, Talents and Abilities will go via email. I will make sure you come out as a nicely balanced bunch. (Also, Jeroen en Wolf, I don't have your email addresses - any way you could get those to me?)
Also, another note, based on last night's reading Wink : Magic is really, really, really rare and difficult to do. You'll be more about countering it, than producing any but the most basic stuff yourself, especially at the level you're starting at. In that respect, it is not like DnD. However, Imagination is kinda like Magic, and that you will all do, to some extent at least. Imagination allows you to recreate reality - the famous 'there is no spoon' moment would be a Grade 1 Imagination event.

(This post was last modified: 28-02-2010 11:39:16 by Sas.)
28-02-2010 11:32:27
wolfy Online
Posting Freak

Grimm
Mark has my email address, or at least one of them and possibly more. [wolf punt schouten bij gmail punt com] is the preferred one for this stuff.

28-02-2010 11:39:20
goldylox Offline
Parental Control Group

Grimm
Tsk, you have my e-mail, we're playing werewolfz a lot Tongue

Hmm.....in doubt witch archetype to take..witch ones, besides dreamer, are already taken?

28-02-2010 11:53:21
AlfaGirl Offline
Posting Freak

Grimm
goldylox Wrote:Tsk, you have my e-mail, we're playing werewolfz a lot Tongue

Ah, right, good point, sorry! What can I say, it's only 12.15 in the morning Wink

Quote:Hmm.....in doubt witch archetype to take..witch ones, besides dreamer, are already taken?

Well, Mel took one look at this here at home and immediately claimed Dreamer, Wolf came up second also wanting Dreamer but I kinda vetoed that (sorry Wolf), so the rest is still open.

edit: just sent you guys an email, if anyone didn't get it, let me know.

(This post was last modified: 28-02-2010 12:23:09 by Sas.)
28-02-2010 12:16:49
MaszaH Offline
Posting Freak

Grimm
dibs on outcast Wink

28-02-2010 12:25:16
goldylox Offline
Parental Control Group

Grimm
Hmmm.....Gief me teh NERD!
Playing too much strength-based powerhouses in 4th lately...so let's switch from archetype a small bit Wink

28-02-2010 12:26:34
AlfaGirl Offline
Posting Freak

Grimm
Be that as it may, might I recommend at least someone develops some Muscle...? Jock/Bully really would be needed to give you guys a fighting (ha ha) chance...

28-02-2010 12:29:20
wolfy Online
Posting Freak

Grimm
Right, I'll be the bully then! :cool:

(This post was last modified: 28-02-2010 13:04:00 by (me) Melchior.)
28-02-2010 13:03:22
SageGenesis Offline

Grimm
I'll be a Jock. What's better than muscle? More muscle!

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
28-02-2010 13:04:08
AlfaGirl Offline
Posting Freak

Grimm
Yay! I hope y'all are happy with your Archetypes Smile I will be emailing you individually to tell you how you can build up your character and what your options are. That might not happen all today though, it may be next week or so, but hey, 24 April is some ways away yet Smile

Edit: on second thought, it might be more fun and easier if I met up with you guys one on one when building a character... Waddayathunk?

(This post was last modified: 28-02-2010 13:16:08 by Sas.)
28-02-2010 13:10:11
MaszaH Offline
Posting Freak

Grimm
sounds like fun Grin

28-02-2010 13:27:34
AlfaGirl Offline
Posting Freak

Grimm
Woohoo! You busy this afternoon? You could be my guinea pig... Grin

28-02-2010 13:28:37
MaszaH Offline
Posting Freak

Grimm
well yeah sorry i am.... let's see... euhm... thursday evening?

28-02-2010 13:42:28
AlfaGirl Offline
Posting Freak

Grimm
Thursday's fine. My place? Should I provide foodstuffs?

28-02-2010 13:46:14
SageGenesis Offline

Grimm
Ik kan vanmiddag wel langskomen. Uurtje of 4?

28-02-2010 14:15:17

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
float: right;