The cabinet of horrors
SageGenesis Offline

RE: The cabinet of horrors
It almost sounds like the plot of a movie or videogame, but apparently this actually happened.

US soldiers conspired to assassinate the president, already killed two people to cover it up, and stockpiled an enormous quantity of weapons to fight in "the coming race war".

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
28-08-2012 16:02:48
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Little asian dude Offline

Wat dacht je van deze:

"Eindelijk een remedie tegen homoseksualiteit"

Aldus Todd Akin, kandidaat voor de Amerikaanse Senaat:
“Als je vrouwelijke moedermelk gedurende vier weken dagelijks rechtstreeks aan een volwassene mannelijke homoseksueel toedient, dan heb je 94% kans om definitief te genezen van homoseksuele perversiteiten.”

Oja, kijk ook even hoe hij denkt lesbiennes te genezen...

http://zizo-online.be/node/1274

Pien is een draakje en Gijs een aapje.
28-08-2012 16:09:04
roZijn Offline
Posting Freak

sorry?

Cheer up, boys (your make up is running)
28-08-2012 16:20:45
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Little asian dude Offline

Ah.. it was a hoax...

Pien is een draakje en Gijs een aapje.
30-08-2012 10:07:03
Oddman Offline
Posting Freak

Republican Party openly 'beyond facts'.
31-08-2012 10:55:16
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Oddman Offline
Posting Freak

Pompidompidom. Time for some more financial doomsaying! Here ya go.
03-09-2012 17:00:13
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Arg wordy, lees ik morgen wel.

Licensed.
03-09-2012 21:01:18
SageGenesis Offline

Women who go to bars and get sexually assaulted really have themselves to blame.

According to an Arizona judge (a female one too).

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
11-09-2012 09:08:58
Oddman Offline
Posting Freak

*does the bigotry dance*
11-09-2012 09:44:37
Oddman Offline
Posting Freak

Some people are not too fond of Skrillex. Unfortunately, they butcher every common sense known to man in saying it. Insulate your language bone before reading.
20-09-2012 10:34:32
nar Offline
Posting Freak

ok, so, wow, uh, it's like every single sentence in that piece is vying with all other sentences to be more preposterous than the last. it'd be hard to pick a favourite. in fact, i just deleted two that i wanted to share. really, this whole damn thing is.. is... wow. so worth the read ^^

oh, and the list of "most blessed today" down along the side just looks priceless! XD

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
i am a motherfucking ray of goddamn sunshine, i am.
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2012 11:18:10 by nar.)
20-09-2012 11:16:45
wolfy Offline
Posting Freak

People are aware that Christware is a satirical website, right?

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christwire

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Shusen.net weblog like thingie Smile.
20-09-2012 11:18:39
Oddman Offline
Posting Freak

I wasn't! That is useful information.

This, however, isn't: http://www.refoweb.nl/vragenrubriek/19303/dubstep/
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2012 11:29:25 by Oddman.)
20-09-2012 11:27:24
nar Offline
Posting Freak

@wolf: oh thank god (if you'll pardon the turn of phrase). it's almost a shame that it's satire, tho ^^ reading that article was like getting on the best rollercoaster ever!

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
i am a motherfucking ray of goddamn sunshine, i am.
20-09-2012 11:32:13
Oddman Offline
Posting Freak

Please, someone take away this guy's doctorate.
08-10-2012 16:01:35
Oddman Offline
Posting Freak

Scientists prosecuted for failing to predict an earthquake.
23-10-2012 14:55:00
piep Offline
Posting Freak

Ah, yes. I wanted to post that here. It's un-fucking-believable..
(This post was last modified: 23-10-2012 22:09:46 by piep.)
23-10-2012 22:09:16
scroipt Online
Posting Freak

Yup, totally retarded, but does this mean we can sue anyone for being "falsely reassuring"? I'm pretty sure scientists aren't very high on the list of people who issue such statements...

`Je n'avais pas besoin de cette hypothèse-là' --Pierre-Simon, Marquis de Laplace
23-10-2012 23:58:24
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

You say prosecuted, but it looks like they've already been convicted, mandatory appeal or no.

I don't really get how a case can be made for 'not predicting an earthquake accurately' or how a judge would favor the prosecution like this. Maybe the scientists have a horrible lawyer.

Either way, this makes for a very bad precedent. Sad

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
24-10-2012 11:14:41
SageGenesis Offline

A small detail that's not clearly stated by the BBC article:

There had been a string of minor quakes for a while in that area. To investigate if this would continue the government formed a special committee to assess the risk. And the committee's findings were generally reassuring, one week before the quake hit and killed some dudes.

So it's not so much just anybody you can sue for being falsely reassuring, it's experts who are explicitly hired to assess the risk and get it wrong.

Not that this makes it any better. Still a pretty stupid outcome. But, you know, Italy. Their government and courts are pretty infamous. Look up some of the stats at the European Court of Justice, Italy scores bad.

24-10-2012 11:42:19
voh Online
Grandmaster Yogurt

Though I agree with you for the most part, Arik, I think 'some dudes' is a massive understatement, given that we're talking about 300+ people dying.

robindevoh.com - NaNoWriMo prep & onwards, writin's the main topic.
24-10-2012 12:08:05
SageGenesis Offline

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

24-10-2012 12:37:12
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Het is in ieder geval een heel erg ingewikkelde zaak, al lijkt het er erg op dat government official Bernardo de Bernardinis aannames gemaakt heeft die niet in de notulen terug te vinden zijn, en zelfs dat hij nog voor de meeting al besloten had de bewoners gerust te stellen.

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
24-10-2012 12:43:17
Oddman Offline
Posting Freak

Then maybe De Bernardinis is at fault for incorrectly channelling the scientists' ignorance (and they are necessarily ignorant, being that predicting earthquakes is not really possible with any relevant degree of certainty). The scientists themselves have no business at all in that trial.
29-10-2012 23:46:30
SageGenesis Offline

Merry fucking Christmas, your present is executing gay people in Uganda.

Quote:Merry Christmas? Ugandan Speaker of Parliament promises the draconian anti-gay (Kill the gays) bill will pass before the end of 2012, and will be a Christmas gift for Uganda’s Christian community.

On Monday, November 12, Ugandan Speaker Rebecca Kadaga told The Associated Press that Uganda's anti-gay bill will be passed before the end of 2012 despite vigorous and vocal international criticism of the odious legislation.

Kadaga insists it is what most Ugandans want: Ugandans "are demanding it," she said.

Last Friday Kadaga met with Ugandan anti-gay activists who spoke of "the serious threat" posed by homosexuals to Uganda's children. Some Christian clerics at the meeting in the Ugandan capital, Kampala, asked the speaker to pass the law as "a Christmas gift."

Gay Star News reports the law will broaden the criminalization of same-sex relationships by dividing homosexuality into two categories; aggravated homosexuality and the offense of homosexuality. ‘Aggravated homosexuality’ is defined as gay acts committed by parents or authority figures, HIV-positive people, pedophiles and repeat offenders. If convicted, they will face the death penalty. The ‘offense of homosexuality’ includes same-sex sexual acts or being in a gay relationship, and will be prosecuted by life imprisonment.

Link 1

Link 2

(This post was last modified: 13-11-2012 19:20:46 by SageGenesis.)
13-11-2012 19:20:19

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
float: right;