The cabinet of horrors
nar Offline
Posting Freak

The cabinet of horrors
re: Twidiots
oh god, just...what...i...
it's like getting pissed off at Twilight because Anne Rice invented vampires. or D&D because J.K. Rowling invented wizards. is there something in the ink in those books?

re: Virginia
i *love* the whole "vengeance from god" argument. it just makes sense every. single. time. and it's never ridiculous or unfounded or circumstantially motivated.

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
i am a motherfucking ray of goddamn sunshine, i am.
23-02-2010 09:53:47
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline

The cabinet of horrors
The Next Anti-Choice Target: Miscarriage Wrote:A new Utah law could charge women with homicide if they miscarry, making women's rights advocates concerned that women will be brought up on murder charges for drinking, failing to wear a seatbelt, or falling down the stairs.

Link to full story

If you're a pregnant woman and fall down the stairs... you can go to prison FOR LIFE.

Edit:
The text of the bill can be found here. What boggles the mind is that it's ok to knowingly refuse medical treatment that leads to the death of a fetus, but forgetting to wear a seat belt is homicide.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
(This post was last modified: 25-02-2010 17:21:41 by MaszaH.)
25-02-2010 17:17:42
goldylox Offline
Parental Control Group

The cabinet of horrors
Uhmmm .... Falcon Punch anyone?

Miew mriewiew mrrr mriew prrrr!!!
25-02-2010 18:35:58
SageGenesis Offline

The cabinet of horrors
That's actually the reason why the bill was drafted: a girl, 7 months pregnant, paid somebody $150 to beat her in order to miscarry on purpose.

Which is good for its own place in the Cabinet, really.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
25-02-2010 18:39:54
goldylox Offline
Parental Control Group

The cabinet of horrors
o_O

Miew mriewiew mrrr mriew prrrr!!!
25-02-2010 19:02:39
Larien
Nubcake.

The cabinet of horrors
o.O What the fuck.
25-02-2010 19:09:27
Quote this message in a reply
Minnie Offline

The cabinet of horrors
Belphanior Wrote:I for one am baffled particularly by the implication that women with small breasts somehow encourage pedophilia. What a fucked up message that sends to women: "your maturity depends on the size of your tits." And what about small-breasted women who have a boyfriend/husband? Must they now believe he's a pervert who imagines them to be a child while they have sex? It's so messed up on so many levels.

beetje late reactie want ik kom hier niet zo vaak Wink maar vaak worden die meisjes wel echt neergezet als 13-jarigen die gezellig in de badkuip aan het spetteren zijn met elkaar, compleet met idd kale flamoesjes, felgekleurde onderbroekjes en 2 staartjes in hun haar. mgoed, als ze d

"The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees."
26-02-2010 08:57:52
SageGenesis Offline

The cabinet of horrors
Yes it's that time again. If you followed the news about this kind of thing, you'll know the Vatican is under fire for alleged pedophilia from some of their clergy and the Vatican's response. Well, this is a good one.

JSOnline Wrote:Weakland says he didn't know priests' abuse was crime.

In the early years of the sex abuse scandal in Milwaukee, retired Archbishop Rembert G. Weakland says in his soon-to-be released memoir, he did not comprehend the potential harm to victims or understand that what the priests had done constituted a crime.

"We all considered sexual abuse of minors as a moral evil, but had no understanding of its criminal nature," Weakland says in the book, "A Pilgrim in a Pilgrim Church," due out in June.

Weakland said he initially "accepted naively the common view that it was not necessary to worry about the effects on the youngsters: either they would not remember or they would 'grow out of it.' "

Really dude? Your little rape victims would just "grow out of it?" Come on. Come on!

08-04-2010 01:15:00
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

The cabinet of horrors
Wow. Solid defence. yeah.
And the whole "we didn't know it was a crime" is a nice touch as well.

World's biggest squirrel!
08-04-2010 09:56:48
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Larien
Nubcake.

The cabinet of horrors
"...either they would not remember or they would 'grow out of it'."

*shudder*

For a child not to remember something like that, they had to have been very young. As in "barely able to walkyet " young.
08-04-2010 18:43:00
voh Online
Grandmaster Yogurt

The cabinet of horrors
:/

That man needs to be beaten with a pointy rock. Heavily.

robindevoh.com - NaNoWriMo prep & onwards, writin's the main topic.
09-04-2010 08:14:05
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Oddman Offline
Posting Freak

The cabinet of horrors
Contrast: this tidbit to this one.

Yay, Catholicism.
29-05-2010 13:05:25
SageGenesis Offline

The cabinet of horrors
[quote=When Teen Pregnancy Is No Accident]
Leyla W. couldn't figure out where her birth control pills kept going. One day a few tablets would be missing; the next, the whole container. Her then-boyfriend shrugged and said he hadn

11-06-2010 10:00:11
SageGenesis Offline

The cabinet of horrors
Elle MacPherson promotes consumption of illegal rhino horn Wrote:Despite a number of scientific studies showing that rhino horn has no curative properties, supermodel, entrepreneur, and recent host of Britain's Next Top Model, Elle Macpherson, says she ingests powdered rhino horn because: "[it] works for me". In an interview with The Times Online via Twitter, Elle Macpherson says the illegal substance tastes like "crushed bone and fungus".

LINK for full article

Really? Rhino horn? Go to hell, Elle MacPherson.

07-07-2010 03:31:25
nar Offline
Posting Freak

The cabinet of horrors
yeah, but it works for her man. you just gotta let her be her, y'know?

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
07-07-2010 08:29:51
SageGenesis Offline

The cabinet of horrors
Parachuting donkey terrifies children, Wrote:Beachgoers got a shock when they saw a donkey soaring in the blue skies over the balmy beaches on the Sea of Azov in southern Russia last week.

Attached to a parachute, the animal screamed in fear as it circled over holidaymakers who were sunbathing on a beach in the Cossack village of Golubitskaya in the Krasnodar region.

A regional police spokeswoman says the donkey ended up in the skies as a result of an impromptu advertising campaign by several Russian entrepreneurs to attract beachgoers to their private beach.

Instead they attracted the attention of regional police who learned of the flying donkey earlier this week and launched a probe.

"The donkey screamed and children cried," regional police spokeswoman Larisa Tuchkova said.

"No-one had the brains to call police."

Instead people reached for their cameras and bombarded a local newspaper with phone calls.

"It was put up so high into the sky that the children on the beach cried and asked their parents: 'Why did they tie a doggy to a parachute?'" the newspaper Taman wrote this week.

"The donkey landed in an atrocious manner: it was dragged several metres along the water, after which the animal was pulled out half-alive onto the shore."

- *AFP*

LINK

20-07-2010 11:19:56
piep Offline
Posting Freak

The cabinet of horrors
Ja, ik las het net. Russische idioten. Vooral dit vind ik typisch Russisch (het heeft ook geen zin om de politie te bellen):

Quote:"No-one had the brains to call police."
Instead people reached for their cameras and bombarded a local newspaper with phone calls.
20-07-2010 11:30:27
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

The cabinet of horrors
Ik zie al een stel russen om een tafel zitten..
Roept er een:
"He ik heb een idee! Wat als we nou een ezel uit een vliegtuig mieteren!"

X_X

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
20-07-2010 12:07:49
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

The cabinet of horrors
Dat is nog niet zo ernstig. Veel erger is dat de rest toen ze

20-07-2010 12:16:40
nar Offline
Posting Freak

The cabinet of horrors
however, this is a stunt that will stay with everyone who saw it for the rest of their lives. brilliant piece of advertising really. better than any Hi ad any day of the week.

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
20-07-2010 12:55:59
Larien
Nubcake.

The cabinet of horrors
I know this topic usually doesn't include pictures, but I just had to add this one.

[Image: e59b9f82-eaf4-4592-9be5-b7242bc59d53.jpg]
26-07-2010 21:47:14
nar Offline
Posting Freak

The cabinet of horrors
wow. O_o

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
27-07-2010 08:31:03
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

The cabinet of horrors
I know! Kinda sexy eh?

27-07-2010 10:34:19
nar Offline
Posting Freak

The cabinet of horrors
do you think those are baby-sized fishnets?

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
27-07-2010 10:44:12
SageGenesis Offline

The cabinet of horrors
Woman Jailed for Getting Pregnant Dies From Medical Neglect, Wrote:Thrown in jail for getting pregnant? That seems like a particularly absurd violation of women's reproductive rights. But it's actually an established policy in Allegheny County, PA. Cara reports at the Curvature that, for Amy Lynn Gillespie, becoming pregnant meant violating the terms of her work release under probation, and getting thrown in jail. Yet this story comes to an even more tragic ending, because Gillespie died while in custody from advanced pneumonia.

LINK for full article

Happy fucking holidays everyone!

26-11-2010 12:12:31

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
float: right;