Blast From The Past: 2 + 4
cealin
Nubcake.

JLT* Wrote:i've made up my mind. we're going to play this. I'll run it in a 4 session dragon mountain adaptation, and everyone from the old days will join :')

no?

hmm,

Don't know 4e, but tell me a when and where, I'll check if it is possible to join.
18-10-2009 18:24:41
Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

one of my demands would be that all the oldschool players should join, that includes you ;p

but it's a long term thing, it wouldnt be anywere in the next couple of months Smile

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
18-10-2009 18:32:52
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline

It's the man we've all been waiting for: the king, the conquerer, the insufferable knight who shares his name with a god of evil. Tiamat.

Stats are simple. Human, paladin, strength based.

Tiamat, level 15
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Paragon: Champion of Order

ABILITY SCORES
Str 22, Con 12, Dex 9, Int 11, Wis 18, Cha 16.

AC: 31 Fort: 29 Reflex: 25 Will: 27
HP: 111 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 27

CLASS ABILITIES
Divine Challenge (mark one enemy. if that enemy makes an attack that doesn't include you as a target he suffers 6 + cha modifier radiant damage)
Lay on Hands (four times per day you may spend a healing surge but regain no hit points. a creature you touch instead regains hit points as if they had spent a healing surge)
In Defense of Order (if you are adjacent to the target of your Divine Challenge and he makes an attack that doesn't include you as a target, you may make an opportunity attack against him. Also, all your attacks deal +2d6 damage against demons and elementals that you challenged)
Champion's Action (when you spend an action point, all adjacent enemies take -1 to all defenses for one round)

RACIAL ABILITIES
Bonus feat
Bonus skill
Bonus at-will
+1 to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will

TRAINED SKILLS
Endurance +9, Religion +12, Heal +18, Diplomacy +18, History +12

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +2, Arcana +7, Bluff +10, Dungeoneering +11, Insight +11, Intimidate +10, Nature +11, Perception +11, Stealth +2, Streetwise +10, Thievery +2, Athletics +9

FEATS
Human: Weapon Proficiency (Bastard sword)
Level 1: Mighty Challenge (you add your strength modifier to the radiant damage from your Divine Challenge)
Level 2: Power of Protection (when you hit with Valiant Strike, one ally within 5 squares gets a +1 bonus to all defenses for one round)
Level 4: Skill Focus (Diplomacy)
Level 6: Devoted Paladin (you have one extra healing surge. when you use Lay on Hands on an ally that ally regains extra hit points equal to your charisma modifier)
Level 8: Human Perseverance (you have a +1 bonus to saving throws)
Level 10: Virtuous Recovery (when you spend a healing surge you get resist all 4 until the start of your next turn)
Level 11: Honored Foe (when a creature marked by you damages you, you get 4 temporary hit points)
Level 12: Paragon Defenses (+1 to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will)
Level 14: Unfailing Courage (when you spend an action point, you may also spend a healing surge)

POWERS
Paladin at-will 1: Valiant Strike (an attack that becomes more accurate as more enemies surround you)
Paladin at-will 1: Ardent Strike (an attack that also places Divine Sanction on the one it hits)
Paladin at-will 1: Holy Strike (an attack that deals extra damage to enemies you marked)
Paladin utility 2: Call of Challenge (place Divine Sanction to all enemies within 3 squares)
Paladin encounter 3: Strength from Valor (attack all adjacent enemies and gain temporary hit points from each you hit)
Paladin daily 5: Unrelenting Punishment (the target takes ongoing damage, and you heal for each time he suffers from this)
Paladin utility 6: Shield of Discipline (you gain resist all 6 until the end of your next turn)
Paladin encounter 7: Thunder Smite (a powerful attack that can more easily score a critical hit upon those you have marked)
Paladin daily 9: Knightly Intercession (when an enemy harms your allies, you take the blow and punish him)
Paladin utility 10: Guiding Verse (make a saving throw with a +5 bonus)
Paladin encounter 13: Zealous Smite (a highly damaging attack that also places Divine Sanction)
Paladin daily 15: Divine Vengeance (stance, deal 9 radiant damage against any foe who hits either you or your adjacent allies in melee)

Champion of Order encounter 11: Certain Justice (an attack that weakens and dazes your enemy if he was marked by you, until he is no longer marked by you)
Champion of Order utility 12: None Shall Pass (until the end of the encounter, Divine Challenge targets two enemies rather than one)

ITEMS
Radiant Bastard sword +3 (an extra +3 damage on radiant attacks. at-will all attacks with this weapon can be radiant)
Magic Plate Armor +4
Amulet of Bodily Sanctity +3 (+2 bonus to saves against ongoing damage. one per day you an all allies within 5 squares may save against all ongoing damage effects)
Heavy Shield of Deflection (you have resist 5 against ranged attacks)
Helm of Battle (you and all allies within 5 squares have +1 to initiative checks)
Parry Gauntlets (when you take a second wind or total defense, you get +2 to all defenses)

ATTACK
Bastard Sword: +19 to hit, 1d10+9 damage

NOTES
Remember when I said Polyfemos had good defenses because in total they were 107? Tiamat has 112. On top of that he has a steady trickle of temporary hit points, several ways of getting resistances, and unparalleled saving throws.

Divine Sanction is essentially the same as Divine Challenge, except it usually lasts for only one round. And speaking of which, ignoring the Challenge means eating 15 radiant damage and an opportunity attack. For equal level monsters that means losing roughly 10-20% life just for the chance of hitting somebody else.

Certain Justice essentially renders a monster irrelevant. It can both Daze (only one action) and Weaken (deal half damage) for the entire fight. Not too shabby for an encounter power.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
19-10-2009 01:11:27
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

JLT* Wrote:one of my demands would be that all the oldschool players should join, that includes you...

And Tarkin right? Right? And Tarkin right? =D

World's biggest squirrel!
19-10-2009 09:25:53
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

Also: Yeah, AD&D clerics didn't get a chance to shine. Now that is something they fixed in 4e. With a passion. =)

World's biggest squirrel!
19-10-2009 09:27:02
Oddman Offline
Posting Freak

Belphanior Wrote:And many more obscure things, including something like a whole novel Ot wrote from an in-character viewpoint of his Alternity Thuldan BioSynthaCyborg sniper. Pages upon pages of tiny font that goes on and on and on.

Nonce. It's only 10,442 words, a novella at best. And ye gods, did my writing suck back then - nevertheless, it's a pretty fun read: it makes you remember the campaign all that much better, and it was good.

Belphanior Wrote:But at least he's not as bad as Hylorcha. His collection is:
* Blue dragon scales
* Red dragon scales
* Green dragon scales
* Winged Snake feathers
* Griffin feathers
* Griffin claws
* Griffin tail
* Stone giant fingers
* Hill giant fingers
* Fire giant fingers
* Illithid tentacle
* Wraith dust
* Skin of a 120' goblin (I actually remember that encounter now)
* Behir legs, 14
* Behir scales
* Behir blood
* Behir eyes, 2
* Behir horns, 3
* Behir tongue
* Hydra scales
* Hydra blood

What the fuck was I planning on doing with all that?

Looks like the start of a Victorian trophy room to me. It just lacks Slaad heads to mount on the wall.
19-10-2009 12:04:29
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Belphanior Wrote:* Skin of a 120' goblin (I actually remember that encounter now)

Hmm I really don't remember that encounter ^_^

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
19-10-2009 12:12:34
SageGenesis Offline

Just a small reminder that this thing must be done.

Also, scroll up to Merlina once again. Notice how I gave her three abusive tactics? Well, the last errata from March included some changes to restore balance... and all three have been fixed. Pity for her, but hooray for me for knowing how to make a game-busting wizard. Wink

Anyway, the game has moved on since I made these characters. New magic items were released, new feats, Martial Power 2 to better differentiate between our four fighters, and I've even got Player's Handbook 3 now (so Tanwa can be a Psion instead of an Underdark-worshipping warlock).

In the weeks before we actually run the "revival" game, I'll make updated characters. More options means more tools to accurately represent the original concepts.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
11-03-2010 22:49:02
voh Offline
Grandmaster Yogurt

This deserves a *bump* Smile

robindevoh.com - NaNoWriMo prep & onwards, writin's the main topic.
01-08-2011 16:31:36
SageGenesis Offline

Oh I know... But it's up to Jelte to make this thing happen. =/

01-08-2011 16:50:05
Tiamat Offline

Jlt is keeping radio silence; some sad holiday as an even sadder excuse.Still I may be in for something if between 7 and 11 August Wink
02-08-2011 20:33:09

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
float: right;