Sheet, an online charsheet for 4th.
voh Online
Grandmaster Yogurt

I'm working on a teensy little project, called Sheet. Online character sheet so you won't have to bike all the way back home if you forget your real character sheet, or so that you won't even *need* a regular character sheet.

Eventually they'll be printable, for those who like that sort of thing.

For future reference, to those who are interested, I hide within this thread, in plain sight, the link to Sheet.

http://sheet.urface.net
demo@danwa.net/demo

Feature suggestions are welcome, but I reserve the right to ignore them when it seems like it'd take too much effort for too little gainb Wink

robindevoh.com - NaNoWriMo prep & onwards, writin's the main topic.
10-06-2009 10:39:00
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

cool idea.
Is it gonna auto calculate stuff that relates to eachother? (like: change XP = change level)

World's biggest squirrel!
10-06-2009 10:54:23
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
voh Online
Grandmaster Yogurt

All the white boxes are what is currently auto-calculated. It would be possible to have the XP dictate the level but for some reason I didn't Tongue

Level XP requirements are the same all across the board, right?

10-06-2009 11:07:50
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

dunno by heart.
but when I changed an ability score, the modifiers didn't change with it...

10-06-2009 11:18:14
voh Online
Grandmaster Yogurt

Not that far yet. So far all it does is show the stored data. Once the display side is finished (hopefully by Sunday), I'll start work on the data entry thing.

However, if I were to change Demo Dame's level to 6 in the database, the 1/2 level mod would go up by 1, so it is backend-functional Smile

10-06-2009 11:23:01
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

ah, ok! =)

10-06-2009 11:25:26
scroipt Offline
Posting Freak

Could this be compatible with the official character creator (I don't know if the format's open, probably not); would be useful...

`Je n'avais pas besoin de cette hypothèse-là' --Pierre-Simon, Marquis de Laplace
10-06-2009 11:25:30
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scroipt Offline
Posting Freak

also, gimme login.

`Je n'avais pas besoin de cette hypothèse-là' --Pierre-Simon, Marquis de Laplace
10-06-2009 11:29:06
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

login staat bij eerste post Smile
demo@ en zo

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
10-06-2009 11:47:35
voh Online
Grandmaster Yogurt

scroipt Wrote:Could this be compatible with the official character creator (I don't know if the format's open, probably not); would be useful...

Not for this version, that's for sure. This one's mainly so that I can use it for the campaigns I play in. But if I manage to get documentation on whatever it is that the Character Builder outputs, a converter should be possible. It needn't be integrated into Sheet all that deeply, as all it'd need would be access to Sheet's database.

I intend to work on it some more later today, to hopefully get the points section done (hit point workspace and action points).

10-06-2009 12:16:02
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

by the by, how are things in the area of clicktracks, what with all this creativity flowing? Wink

10-06-2009 12:28:21
voh Online
Grandmaster Yogurt

Wrong topic Tongue

I'd have to go into detail about some things I need to do/have. We'll talk soon.

10-06-2009 12:35:42
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

Aight! =)

10-06-2009 14:19:28
scroipt Offline
Posting Freak

JLT* Wrote:login staat bij eerste post Smile
demo@ en zo

right, beter lezen dus...

10-06-2009 22:05:01
scroipt Offline
Posting Freak

voh Wrote:Not for this version, that's for sure. This one's mainly so that I can use it for the campaigns I play in. But if I manage to get documentation on whatever it is that the Character Builder outputs, a converter should be possible. It needn't be integrated into Sheet all that deeply, as all it'd need would be access to Sheet's database.

My point is that the official character creator (finally) has a full database integrated with all the weird and wonderful relations in game stats. This one finally works, so we might as well use it (if at all possible). Is there a way to see the back-end? (i.e. mail me a copy?)

Edit: It seems to be a plaintext xml; integration should be the proverbial breeze. ^_^

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2009 22:18:22 by hallielama.)
10-06-2009 22:11:24
voh Online
Grandmaster Yogurt

Concerning the plain text xml - that's great news. This should indeed make importing a character builder's sheet a breeze.

As to your statement pertaining the 'full database' and 'finally works', I'm obviously missing something. I have no experience with the character builder, I've only seen it from a distance (Ben sits at least a move action away) so I may need some enlightenment as to what you're implying besides the integration of said XML output Smile

10-06-2009 23:13:36
scroipt Offline
Posting Freak

The character builder had a database with the contents (including full relevant text) of _all_ released books (and dragon mags) until now (and gets updated), with the options to exclude/houserule sources. I'm a fan.

11-06-2009 01:19:49
voh Online
Grandmaster Yogurt

Ah. That. Well, the problem is that I don't really want to have an online tool with WotC material in it other than what's necessary for a basic character sheet. A full database of powers, feats and whatnot is not really necessary and a little over the top as well.

(WotC is also very takedown noticey)

11-06-2009 06:20:02

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
float: right;