Priest-ah! Feast-ah!
nar Offline
Posting Freak

Priest-ah! Feast-ah!
last night was Priest Feast! the awesome event that you generously got together and sent me to Grin and damn was it cool. i took some pics and here's a quick selection to give you an idea of how the night went Smile
(these were taken with my phone and i'm not a perfectionist. sorry for any irritation caused by blurring and grainy quality)

first off, we forgot to transfer in Weesp, so we ended up dicking about for a bit and getting to the HMH for about 20:00. but we were there, and Megadeth had already taken the stage!

[Image: MegaOne.jpg]

they laid down a consistent shred and although i'd forgotten my earplugs, they were playing at a civilized level of ROCK!
i think we caught a good half hour of the 'Deth. it was the last night of the tour, so they came back once or twice to give the crowd the encores they craved!

[Image: MegaTwo.jpg]

can anyone tell me though what a four-piece band needs with 16 guitar amps and 4 bass amps?? zomg! O_o i'm going to set up a whole floor of a house like this one day!

[Image: Lief.jpg]

the company was more than good Grin

[Image: MetalFace.jpg]

and we were both ready for some serious face-melting! Tongue

[Image: Adrienne.jpg]

and look who turned out to be standing right in front of us! i'd spent like half the Megadeth show staring at the back of her head thinking "Is it? Maybe...nawwwwww" She'd come to see Judas Priest and as it turns out, the show was also a present for her birthday! nice!

[Image: PriestOne.jpg]

the Priest takes the stage!

[Image: PriestTwo.jpg]

the face of Nostradamus! \m/

[Image: PriestThree.jpg]

sometime during their 38 year career, the boys of Judas Priest got a taste for spectacular and colourful light shows. if only that was the kind of thing i liked... Wink

[Image: PriestFour.jpg]

spectacular and colourful light shows AND many backdrop changes! Grin can you see the aviator glasses-wearing, handlebar mustache-sporting biker face?

[Image: BBQ_1one.jpg]

the show ends and i want to take a picture of myself at the venue. i lean against Meike and grab the back of the seat i was sitting in. as the seat toppled forwards, i remembered that we'd not two minutes earlier discovered that the seats in the HMH fold up and are moored to the floor on hinges! graceful as ever, i landed good and hard on my ass. my phone documented this moment for me.

[Image: Concerned_For_My_Well-Being.jpg]

my loving significant other rushed to my side and was beside herself with concern Tongue

[Image: OokLief.jpg]

but, as i'm sure you can tell, the night was damn good. damn good! Megadeth laid down some quality shit and played tight as hell. Judas Priest took it all to 11 and as far as we're concerned, they could've played all night. and Testament? we've got no idea, really. the show was billed as "doors open at 19:30", but according to Adrienne who was there by then, Testament'd already played and the crew was setting up Megadeth. shame that, but the other two bands more than made up for that oversight.

[Image: TheEnd.jpg]

Fin.

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
i am a motherfucking ray of goddamn sunshine, i am.
24-03-2009 16:49:59
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
voh Offline
Grandmaster Yogurt

Priest-ah! Feast-ah!
Glad you got to see Megadeth live, there's a reason I'm such a big fan. Maybe now you understand why just that much more Grin

Glad to see you enjoyed it! There was a kick in the dick for you if you hadn't! (it's my phrase of the week, don't you judge me).

Grin

robindevoh.com - NaNoWriMo prep & onwards, writin's the main topic.
24-03-2009 17:03:31
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Priest-ah! Feast-ah!
wow that looks totally awesome! Grin
great to hear you had fun! Smile

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
25-03-2009 01:16:26
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nar Offline
Posting Freak

Priest-ah! Feast-ah!
awesome it was indeed Grin

ended up swinging by 't oor yesterday and picking up two Priest albums Wink left something of an impression on me i guess...

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
25-03-2009 09:25:25
Minnie Offline

Priest-ah! Feast-ah!
Jeroen..? Aangezien jij de kaartjes, neem ik aan, via internet had besteld.. heb jij toevallig een mailtje van Mojo gekregen dat de begintijden waren veranderd?

ik heb een klachtenmail naar de HMH gestuurd dat we dus de helft van het concert hebben gemist (*BOOS*), en die zouden mijn mail doorsturen naar de organisator (mojo dus I guess)

maar toen ik dit op Livejournal zette werd ik vierkant uitgelachen door sommige mensen, a la: "ha ha ze lezen je mail toch niet" en "het was je eigen domme schuld dat je te laat was" (?! wtf.. je gaat er toch gewoon vanuit dat wat er op je kaartje staat klopt? alsof je nog helemaal op de site van mojo gaat kijken of het wel echt

"The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees."
25-03-2009 09:32:01
roZijn Offline
Posting Freak

Priest-ah! Feast-ah!
ja dat is inderdaad wel wat suf...

maar goed te zien en te horen dat het leuk was!

Cheer up, boys (your make up is running)
25-03-2009 09:37:50
nar Offline
Posting Freak

Priest-ah! Feast-ah!
dat was het zeker! Grin

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
25-03-2009 11:44:12

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
float: right;