More 4th edition
nar Offline
Posting Freak

More 4th edition
interesting departure from the styles of the PHB1 and 2 covers. super epic nevertheless!

can't wait to see how they've worked the Witchalok out Wink

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
i am a motherfucking ray of goddamn sunshine, i am.
20-05-2009 07:36:54
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline

More 4th edition
Go ninja, go ninja GO!

(Scroll down a bit for the pictures.)

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
17-08-2009 16:36:12
SageGenesis Offline

More 4th edition
To celebrate the new DMG2, a new cartoon. And boy is the interviewer in for trouble...

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
23-09-2009 09:18:36
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

More 4th edition
Oh yes, those are always fun!
Though there's always fun movies on urface when I'm @work! =(

Guess I'll have to wait a little longer then... =)

World's biggest squirrel!
23-09-2009 09:28:09
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

More 4th edition
^_^ nice Smile

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
23-09-2009 15:04:44
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

More 4th edition
Well, got to see it now, and yeah, thats pretty funny. =)

24-09-2009 12:34:34
SageGenesis Offline

More 4th edition
A developer's blog stated that the following elements will have been included into the next 4e Dark Sun setting:

"muls, thri-kreen, gladiators, templars, defiling, world-suitable paragon paths and epic destinies, weapons, items, and of course, buckets full of freakish desert monsters."

Good. A Dark Sun without defiling isn't a Dark Sun at all.

15-10-2009 01:06:25
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

More 4th edition
\0/ yay!

15-10-2009 10:12:41
SageGenesis Offline

More 4th edition
Here's some news you plebs wouldn't know about.

WotC has unveiled a new class for PHB3: the Ardent. A psionic leader class that probably has the creepiest concept of any D&D element since forever. While a Warlord inspires with speeches, and a Bard inspires with music, the Ardent inspires by... changing your brain. Need some motivation? Here, let me inject some telepathy into your mind. Now you're motivated again. And always remember: your dreams are my dreams.

Neutral

15-12-2009 11:11:43
MaszaH Offline
Posting Freak

More 4th edition
hmmm I like it already Wink

don't underestimate the cosmic power of french toast!
15-12-2009 16:00:56
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

More 4th edition
wow...
don't know if I'd want one of those in my party, no matter how much they are on my side...

15-12-2009 23:26:30
SageGenesis Offline

More 4th edition
Copy-pasted from elsewhere, as details of the next PHB3 are starting to leak out in earnest now.

Races:

Minotaur
Shardmind
Githzerai
Wilden

Classes:

Ardent (psionic leader)
Battlemind (psionic defender)
Monk (psionic striker)
Psion (psionic controller)
Seeker (primal controller)
Runepriest (leader, probably divine)

No changes were noticed on the minotaur.

Shardmind
Racial is believed to be shard swarm, which is a close burst 1 that causes all enemies in the AoE to grant combat advantage...and you get to teleport 3 squares.

Battlemind
Mark power is called battlemind's demand. Targets one creature within 3, lasts for the entire encounter or until you use it again. You can augment it so that it hits two creatures instead of one. It lets you use mind spike.

Mind spike allows a battlemind to deal the same amount of damage that an ally takes if the enemy makes an attack that doesnt include the battlemind.

Blurred step lets a battlemind shift 1 square when an adjacent marked enemy does.

One of its at-wills, "does something similar to eyebite," but makes an ally invisible instead of you.

One of it's dailies lets you reduce an enemy's reach (minimum of 1). Sounds pretty rad.

Psion
New at-will, psionic trawl, that deals damage and has a pull effect that varies by how much (or if) you augment it. Its also a ranged basic attack, which is pretty neat.

Runepriest
At-will called word of diminishment that is a melee attack that either gives the target vulnerable 2 (5 when hit by opportunity attack) or -4 to attacks until the end of your next turn.

At-will called word of shielding is also a melee attack that deals either extra damage to the target, or grants temp hit points to an ally when the target first attacks anyone that hasnt marked it.

Encounter attack called flames of purity, which is a close blast 3 that only hits enemies but gives allies either a damage bonus or temp hp in the area of effect.

Has a "rune state" that effects allies depending on which state you utilize. Destruction is cited, which grants a damage bonus to your allies when they hit enemies adjacent to you.

Their healing ability has a range of 5, restores extra d6's of hit points, and also adds a kicker effect depending on your rune: Destruction doles out a +2 damage bonus to all allies in the healing's range (burst 5), while Protection gives a +1 bonus to all defenses.

Seeker
New at-will called grappling shot that slows an enemy and prevents shifting.
New daily called wildfire shot that deals ongoing fire damage and damages adjacent enemies when the target takes ongoing damage.

Concept art discovered months earlier is believed to reveal the shardmind:
[Image: shardmind.png]

28-01-2010 12:29:37
SageGenesis Offline

More 4th edition
It's time for another... D&DXP weekend! That means more spoilers for the year to come and holy cow it's a lot!

Copy-pasted from a different forum, some dude who got to play Dark Sun Wrote:They handle inferior weapon materials by adding a rule: Reckless Breakage. Anyone can choose to reroll an attack roll of 1, but if you do, your weapon breaks afterwards. If it's a metal weapon, it only breaks if the reroll is a natural 5 or less. They don't say how this works with magic weapons (none of the premade characters have any).

Dark Sun also introduces character themes, which seem to be somewhere between backgrounds and multiclassing. Some examples are gladiator, templar, elemental priest, and wilder. The mechanical effect (at 1st level) seems to be that you get a specific encounter attack power in addition to your normal powers. Any class can take any theme, but it's best to choose one that matches your primary stat, weapon vs. implement, etc. They don't say whether themes are free or not, but none of the premade characters had a visible feat, and they all had themes, so my guess is that you can spend a feat to take a theme.

Defilers get a power, Arcane Defiling, that only works with their daily arcane powers. It's an at-will free action to reroll any attack or damage roll (at most 1 reroll per roll), but all your allies within 20 squares take damage equal to half their healing surge value, and that damage can't be reduced or prevented. There doesn't seem to be any mechanical effect to casting as a preserver.

There's a new warlock pact -- the Sorcerer King Pact -- and most templars are warlocks.

[Image: dnd_products_dndacc_253860000_pic3_en.jpg]

[Image: dnd_products_dndacc_253850000_pic3_en.jpg]

[Image: dnd_products_dndacc_253830000_pic3_en.jpg]

[Image: dnd_products_dndacc_251260000_pic3_en.jpg]

[Image: dnd_products_dndacc_255190000_pic3_en.jpg]

[Image: dnd_products_dndacc_197400000_pic3_en.jpg]

Several tweets from WotC itself Wrote:* Rich: Martial power 2 in February - New Fighter build, 2 new ranger builds, new rogue build, and 2 new warlord builds
* Rich: New weapon style feat system which we think is going to be a lot of fun
* Monster Manual 3 hits in June
* We got feedback that the MMs didn't have enough flavor, so we're changing the format. We'll be putting a bit more story/hooks/descriptions for monsters to give it more of a story.
* Tiefling book in June similar to the Dragonborn book. Also a tile set, desert themed, will work well for Dark Sun "Deserts of Athas"
* Demonomicon in July! Enough information to give demon a good grounding in the D&D world.
* RT @criticalhits: Demonicon in July, details Demon Lords, history of Abyss "make it adventurable". Encounter tables
* Also in July - Tomb of Horrors super adventure, hardcover, 10th to 22nd level
* Psionic Power in august - one new build for each psionic class.
* Dark Sun creature catalog is 144 page monster book chalk full of athasian monster - dune freaks, dune reapers , etc.
* We decided to split things up a little differently for this campaign. Player generated stuff in DS setting book, creature catalog also includes hazards, npcs, and other things useful to DMs. We thought long and hard about when and where we want to return to athas. We decided to return to the weeks Right after Tyr has been deposed. Tyr is a free city that is more or less in Chaos. Our chance to go back to the origin story of athas and really give people the chance to play with the beginnings of Dark Sun
* Lots of oohs and ahhs for the Ravenloft Board game
* Mearls: The basic idea for castle ravenloft - if you are hanging out with friends, but you don't want to launch into a 4 hour d&d session then this is for you. Looked at games like space hulk and pandemic
* Cooperative game, the players are constantly on the edge of defeat - really tense, surrounded by undead, get through the crypts and get to your goal
* Castle Ravenloft game should last about an hour. Different goals per game, such as retrieve the holy symbol of ravenloft, or defeat Strahd
* comes with 42 minis including characters and monsters. Miniatures are not painted. Sheets of tiles for a modular board game experience
* cards for monsters/traps/events that are flipped over as you go through the crypts/castle
* A very fast paced, very hectic, rising sense of horror from this board game.
* December - Human book, similar to Dragonborn and Tiefling releases.

29-01-2010 11:18:26
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

More 4th edition
That castle ravenloft thing seems a lot alike to hero quest or descent Smile I like it Smile

And Dark Sun yay! \0/

29-01-2010 11:37:07
SageGenesis Offline

More 4th edition
Dark Sun yay! \0/

Tweets from people at the D&DXP:

Area covered in Athas is

30-01-2010 21:46:32
SageGenesis Offline

More 4th edition
More:

Mul is +2 Con and other choice +2 Str OR Wis. Edge against condition/status stuff.

goliaths are flavored as half-giant in Dark Sun. HG changing alignment no longer required. Still have fluctuating personality as an RP hook.

DS goliaths might get a racial power called "stomp" instead of their normal racial.

"survival day" is everthing you need to survive in the wilderness. If you run out of these, you'll be subject to "sun sickness" disease

30-01-2010 22:12:49
SageGenesis Offline

More 4th edition
In one of their most recent books, Underdark, Wizards of the Coast included the following on page 92.

"In a flashback vignette, the adventurers appear as adolescents. They live in Dunblane, a mixed-race village on the edge of civilization. [...] After a peaceful afternoon foraging together in a nearby woodland, the young characters return home. As they draw near to their village, they see a plume of smoke rise over the horizon. Rushing to the scene, they see their village in ruins, their families brutally slaughtered. Some victims have been cooked alive, others have withered into dessicated corpses, and others seem to have died of terror."

So... there's been a massacre at Dunblane then?

Nice one guys. What's next, "The Corridors of Columbine: an adventure inappropriate for all levels"?

31-01-2010 11:42:41
voh Offline
Grandmaster Yogurt

More 4th edition
That's just cold..

robindevoh.com - NaNoWriMo prep & onwards, writin's the main topic.
31-01-2010 11:51:14
AlfaGirl Offline
Posting Freak

More 4th edition
Ouch. Cold and wrong, and not in a good way.

"MacGyver" is the equivalent of Vulcan vintage human horror television.
31-01-2010 12:38:41
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

More 4th edition
Corridors of Columbine.. ghehehe...

Anyhow..
Is there anything in 4th that encompasses major battles and stats for army units like Cook's Cry Havoc did for the 3rd ed. ?

01-02-2010 12:19:46
SageGenesis Offline

More 4th edition
Nothing official from WotC, but there's is this third-party product:

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?p...s_id=60728

01-02-2010 12:30:33
SageGenesis Offline

More 4th edition
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiW56B79Z...r_embedded

Coming soon...

01-02-2010 16:35:09
SageGenesis Offline

More 4th edition
http://critical-hits.com/2010/01/29/dd-x...haracters/

Dark Sun leakage.

Reverse engineering have shown the casters to use Superior Implements from PHB3, which apparently grant +1 to hit and +2 to damage, only when using certain attacks.

03-02-2010 12:10:08
nar Offline
Posting Freak

More 4th edition
god, this Dark Sun has leaked all over the place...

who's gonna clean this up? hope it doesn't stain.

aw gross, it's all over the living room! for christ's sake...

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
i am a motherfucking ray of goddamn sunshine, i am.
03-02-2010 12:56:34
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

More 4th edition
Belphanior Wrote:Nothing official from WotC, but there's is this third-party product:

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?p...s_id=60728

ooow, that's interesting!

Licensed.
03-02-2010 13:16:49

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
float: right;