Diablo 3
SageGenesis Online

Diablo 3
You always knew this day was coming.

I liked 1. I didn't quite as much like 2.
But I've seen the cinematic teaser and gameplay video on that website, and I swear that this thing looks badass.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
28-06-2008 20:20:02
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

Diablo 3
Wordt helemaal gek van dat gehaper. Zal wel aan m'n verbinding liggen hier, maar AGH!

World's biggest squirrel!
29-06-2008 10:22:16
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Online

Diablo 3
Zal idd aan je verbinding liggen dan, ik heb slechts 1 keer een haperingetje meegemaakt bij een van de filmpjes. En ik had nogal veel andere zooi openstaan toen.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
29-06-2008 10:45:53
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Diablo 3
ziet erg heel erg gaaf uit allemaal Smile

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
29-06-2008 13:29:43
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Diablo 3
Woot!, f'ing awesome!

Licensed.
29-06-2008 16:56:51
Oddman Offline
Posting Freak

Diablo 3
AWESOME.

Goodbye leisure time, hello addiction...
29-06-2008 22:17:46
SageGenesis Online

Diablo 3
D3 will...
* Not be able to play offline. You must be online all the time.
* Not allow any mods of any kind.
* Have an auction house that allows you to sell items for real money.

Link

Every single one of those sounds like a bad idea really, but the last one? Well that can only make the game more fun, now can't it? *rolleyes*

01-08-2011 17:01:20
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Diablo 3
You cant sell items for real money, only buy. (like you can do now from some Chinese guy)

the other two points, meh was going to do that anyway.

Licensed.
01-08-2011 17:10:25
SageGenesis Online

Diablo 3
Auction Houses are between players. Hence the items are "bought and sold for real-life money". Blizzard is basically giving up the fight against gold farmers and tries to assimilate them, by taking a small cut for themselves.

Unfortunately this kind of experiment has been done before and they typically run afoul of money laundering problems, as well as an increase in hacking activities who can now more easily mine other people's accounts for money. So no, I don't count this as a positive thing.

The disallowing of any mods at all is not a problem for you, but certainly a problem in a more objective sense. D2 saw some very extensive (and good) modding. Generally speaking, mods have given rise to some beautiful labors of love in the video game hobby. Any step against modding is a sad one, to me.

And the first one, I think you underestimate the problem. Your connection in particular is sometimes dodgy (I know from first-hand experience) which can now bite you in the ass even when you play single-player mode. On top of that, the authentication servers for this kind of measure are often not as stable as the companies would like. Recently Ubisoft's phone-home authentication servers were down for a week, meaning nobody could play their single-player games. Similarly, for a while nobody could install the downloadable content upgrades for Dragon Age 2 because BioWare's servers were acting up.

I'm not saying all these problems will happen, but I do think it's unfortunate that they open themselves up for these kind of problems. I don't see any of these three steps as improving the game experience for customers (apart from those who try to make money from farming D3).

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2011 17:21:49 by MaszaH.)
01-08-2011 17:20:43
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Diablo 3
you can not cash out from the auctionhouse

Licensed.
01-08-2011 17:47:46
SageGenesis Online

Diablo 3
(me) Melchior Wrote:you can not cash out from the auctionhouse

From the third link provided in the article:

"Cashing out will be dealt with by a third party Blizzard aren

01-08-2011 17:54:48
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Diablo 3
my bad i was confused with the blizzard e-cash where you cant cash out.

Licensed.
01-08-2011 17:59:04
SageGenesis Online

Diablo 3
No worries. Smile

I don't think D3 is doomed or anything, and if I play I suspect these things won't affect me too much, but I can see more harm than good coming from it to others. I know Jeroen likes to play D2 on his laptop in the train, but he won't be able to do that with D3.

01-08-2011 18:00:49
Oddman Offline
Posting Freak

Diablo 3
SageGenesis Wrote:No worries. Smile

I don't think D3 is doomed or anything, and if I play I suspect these things won't affect me too much, but I can see more harm than good coming from it to others. I know Jeroen likes to play D2 on his laptop in the train, but he won't be able to do that with D3.

Except on the trains that have Internets. Which will become ever more commonplace.
01-08-2011 18:46:33
goldylox Offline
Parental Control Group

Diablo 3
SageGenesis Wrote:No worries. Smile

Oh god I love to play games on my laptop in the train. Makes the ride seems like a few minutes Smile

And yes: nearly all the trains I have do have internet, but the connection is not very stable, secure or fast. Let's just say I'll be using my phone to watch a youtube clip instead of my laptop because there is a chance that in the 20 minute trainride, a 10 minute clip will not be done loading on 360p setting......

But hooking up my phone to my laptop also solves that problem Smile

Anyhow, I won't be playing D3 a lot on my laptop in the train anyhow. One of the major drawbacks from playing on a laptop in the train is the lack of placing your mouse, and playing with your mousepad is only an option when you are sure you'll kick ass anyhow and don't get in a tight spot and need potions or such.

As for internet availability alone: that is not a real issue for me. There is allways some internet somewhere and if servers are down, well servers are down. I had enough experience with that while playing WoW and true, it's annoying, but not killing the entire game experience or something.

As for the real money AH, I dunno. I am sceptical. Sure it can be handy, but I can also see it as a very easy way to let certain people get even more debt then they allreay have....

As for the Mods: They better give one hell of a good game, because D2 or WoW is kinda hellish crap without mods and a lot of features from patches were former mods......so they kind of kick their own players ballz there Sad
But: gotta 3 D3 Grin

Miew mriewiew mrrr mriew prrrr!!!
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2011 21:04:24 by Oddman.)
01-08-2011 21:00:31
AlfaGirl Offline
Posting Freak

Diablo 3
There's already kids/people being beat up for non-cash-refundable gamerelated items (WoW had some issues with that), I can totally see that spiral out of control now that there's _real_ money to be made! No, I really, really, _really_ don't think that's a good idea. At all. Emphatically.
The other two things suck, the online thing more than the no-mod-thing, as I expect they'll let go of that rule after a while once the game needs a boost in popularity.

"MacGyver" is the equivalent of Vulcan vintage human horror television.
02-08-2011 07:56:34
SageGenesis Online

Diablo 3
For those interested (and don't mind spoilers), here's some vids of Husky and Ahnaris playing through the first parts of the beta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoGQmKi0Iq0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqJ5UltGOW8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rxMEsZJ1Q0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbOOIO2WEIA

(This post was last modified: 21-09-2011 02:48:27 by MaszaH.)
20-09-2011 11:31:49
goldylox Offline
Parental Control Group

Diablo 3
that was totally awesome.

I was 100% sure to buy the game. Now I'm 110% sure ^^

21-09-2011 18:57:35
SageGenesis Online

Diablo 3
Voor degenen die al een WoW-account hebben (maakt niet uit of het op het moment actief is):

Er komt een speciale deal:
Als je een WoW subscription neemt voor 1 heel jaar, dan krijg je Diablo 3 gratis.
Extra bonusen: nieuwe gratis WoW mount en je bent automatisch in de beta van de volgende WoW expansion.

Diablo 3 is $60.
Jaartje WoW is ongeveer $100 a $125 (details nog niet 100% zeker op dit moment).

Als je dus toch al D3 wil kopen, kan je dus feitelijk ook deze deal gebruiken voor een leuke korting op WoW.

21-10-2011 20:23:19
goldylox Offline
Parental Control Group

Diablo 3
Klinkt intressant Grin

Voor mij denk ik enkel niet handig. ik heb eigenlijk al te weinig tijd om D3 te spelen, laat staan D3&WoW Tongue

24-10-2011 11:52:32
SageGenesis Online

RE: Diablo 3
Contains some spoilers, but very funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EclDSulxZtM

16-06-2012 13:39:48

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
float: right;