Tuesday's campaign
nar Offline
Posting Freak

Tuesday's campaign
so i remember jeroen mentioning this a while back, but i've not heard anything since, and i've been wondering more about it lately, so i think it's time i broached the subject:

is tuesday still a good night for us to play on?

more and more we're doing other things than playing, and whilst that's cool for the most part, i'm really missing the game.

is this perhaps just a bad period? i mean, jeroen is rediculously busy with moving and school and once things calm down for him then perhaps everything'll return to normal...or should we be looking at moving the game to another night? is that even possible?

what do you guys think?

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
i am a motherfucking ray of goddamn sunshine, i am.
30-11-2005 11:04:52
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
voh Offline
Grandmaster Yogurt

Tuesday's campaign
As far as I'm concerned tuesday is a good night for me - to be precise, the only night I'd be consistently available for the campaign. I enjoy the game a lot, but as Arik said - there's definitely a need for seeing each other and hanging out outside of the game as well. But due to lack of time on all of our accounts, well, that's not always possible.

I do know, however, that I can't play on another night.

robindevoh.com - NaNoWriMo prep & onwards, writin's the main topic.
30-11-2005 18:42:14
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline

Tuesday's campaign
I'm all up for more meetings besides the tuesday. Just name the time & place.

Anyway, I myself could play one tuesday, wednesday, and thursday. Maybe even monday I suppose, so I could pop into the pub afterwards. (But then there's the risk of a good sneak preview ruining things.)

But, well, if one of us can only play on that one day...

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
30-11-2005 19:50:03
nar Offline
Posting Freak

Tuesday's campaign
tuesday is also a good night for me. there are other nights available to me these days, but tuesday remains the best.

but so what's the deal with the lack of gaming? i'm i right when i say it's just a bit of a hectic time, (mostly for jeroen, i'd imagine), that will eventually calm down, or is it becoming harder for all 4 of us to be in the same place at the same time?

i also enjoy extra roleplaying activities...Smile i'm afraid tho that i'm not always available to take part in them...Sad it really depends on what night they're arrainged for, and when i'm told about em...

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
30-11-2005 20:32:05
SageGenesis Offline

Tuesday's campaign
It is entirely possible for me to play on an additonal thursday every once in a while, especially if I have no other rpg-obligations for the following friday. Not often however.

The reason why it seems we get little actual playing done is an old one: humans are social creatures. We like to show off our new findings on the internet or have gossip to tell. This could be treated in either of two ways.
First, simple discipline. We are here to play and that's that. But that is hard to maintain because it can make the game feel like a task rather than a hobby.
Second, we could meet more often for those other social desires. I am available on almost every saturday. There is things to watch: Get Backers, Hand Maid May, Hellraiser movies... Yet we never seem to gather for these things.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
30-11-2005 21:38:43
voh Offline
Grandmaster Yogurt

Tuesday's campaign
I'm a big fan of the additional comings togethers. Y'all knows datz.

30-11-2005 21:42:28
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline

Tuesday's campaign
Then we must do so! When shall our next grand gathering be?!

30-11-2005 21:48:48
nar Offline
Posting Freak

Tuesday's campaign
mmm...it's not so much the evenings when we get together and end up just hanging that i'm talking about, it's the frequent cancellation of the game due to absence that concerns me.

i'm all for deciding that we don't actually want to play, even if we've gotten together to do just that. i agree with arik that if we don't do that when we feel like it, then the game becomes a chore, and that's no fun either. and i'm pretty sure that if we weren't to do a bit of socializing before we started playing, we wouldn't be able to get into the game, cuz we woudn't've had a moment to relax.

we can and must organize more gatherings to do other stuff! and on tuesday nights we gotta do what we feel like doing, be it playing the game or deciding to fill our time differently, but we've gotta get some game time in too, and the frequent cancellations're kinda getting me down.

should we perhaps pospone game play until jeroen is a little more settled?

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
01-12-2005 10:06:43
voh Offline
Grandmaster Yogurt

Tuesday's campaign
God no...

I want to play as well. We need to play. And as far as I know, if the movies'd been 5 euro a ticket on thursday, we wouldn't have gone tuesday. Sometimes things are on the same day, and choices are made. I don't like not playing as well - but to me it's mostly the need for social interactions - meeting you guys and just having fun - that causes the 'no game' situations.

Postponing, moving it to another day, it's not the solution. You'd just be saying "fine, let's accept this" and not actually solving the problem. Problem? Man, you've gotten me to say there's a problem Tongue

How about this: as planned, next tuesday is campaign night. No deviations - I'll be there, you'll all be there - and there'll be beer (as always). I'll even get other snacks if there are any wishes.

Do you think I'd go out of my way to get snacks and drinks for a night I don't want? I DON'T THINK SO!

*giggles*

01-12-2005 15:49:15
SageGenesis Offline

Tuesday's campaign
nar Wrote:i'm all for deciding that we don't actually want to play, even if we've gotten together to do just that.
What? Is this truly Ben speaking, or his evil counterpart from the Goatee-verse, Nega-Ben?

Game-smegging-on my man. Have you looked at the NPC Expo thread? I put thought into this stuff. All we gotsa do is show a bit of discipline and get together every once in a while.

So, who's got plans this friday?

01-12-2005 18:45:53
voh Offline
Grandmaster Yogurt

Tuesday's campaign
I don't seem to have any plans on friday. What's the dilly-o?

01-12-2005 19:47:47
SageGenesis Offline

Tuesday's campaign
I don't have any real specific ideas, I suppose we could watch something. I mentioned Hellraiser and Hand Maid May (what a combination...) but I'm open to other suggestions. Or just hang out and talk. Or something.

01-12-2005 20:03:03
voh Offline
Grandmaster Yogurt

Tuesday's campaign
Hand Maid Hellraiser! FOR PREZ!

I'm cool with it all. Simple entertainment is always awesome. Also, no wraethhu or however the hell you spell that.

01-12-2005 22:47:27
nar Offline
Posting Freak

Tuesday's campaign
hahaha...well, for starters i know / imagine / assume we all want to play. at any rate, i not only know i want to play, but i'm desperate to do so. i seriously look forward the whole week to getting some gaming done, especially now because i'm totally loving the system and the setting, (not that i haven't been in the past, it's just that what we're doing now i think is especially good...Grin )

it's just the frequency of "not playing" that's got me kinda concerned; enough at any rate to raise these questions.

as far as my goatee-ed counterpart is concerned, he, like myself, only wants to play if everyone else is into it. on the nights when we're just not, then both he and i're ok with calling off the game and doing something else. that's all i was trying to say when i said i was ok with getting together to play and then deciding to do something else...

but ok, so we all really want to play, and i assume we all want to be serious about it, (in so far as we can be serious about playing a game). can we play every tuesday, do you think, or are we to be plagued by cancellations a bit longer, till we find ourselves in a less hectic time?

as far as this friday goes, i'm afraid i'm unavailable. due to sinterklaas, it's koop vrijdag, and i'm working till 21.00, and i've got a long and early saturday following it up, so i'm afraid i'll not be able to join in any fun...Sad

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
02-12-2005 00:59:37
SageGenesis Offline

Tuesday's campaign
Then it is decided: we will just keep on playing as usual. And, we will try to gather a bit more often on the side. (Voh, that means we got a date tonight...)

There'll always be cancellations one way or the other, but I think that's just a coincidence. Potter was a one-time only affair, and Jeroen won't be moving forever either.

Also, there's another factor that I've been loathe to admit: my usual tactic of "wing it" knows periods where it doesn't pay off quite as much as I'd like it to, which causes lulls in the gaming sessions. You'll recall the last few sessions of M&M as an example of such a period.
But, there is a remedy! I'm not big on preparation, but I've been making efforts. WotG is an inspiring game...

02-12-2005 12:59:13
voh Offline
Grandmaster Yogurt

Tuesday's campaign
I'm up for tonight - and as for preparations for the game - as we've talked about on numerous occasions - it is impossible to prepare a gaming session, as the Player's Conglomerate (existing of nar, goldy and me) will always choose exactly that one specific option you didn't consider.

But in Exalted - i think you did some preparations as well (in the good part of the game, not the shoddy end period), and that worked out fine. I'm up for whatever - I sincerely like this game, and I'm slowly getting to be more in touch with the setting and the characters. That's a good thing - as I like my character and the characters around me.

Just that I'm still weary about the pitfalls we've seen in previous campaigns.

I'm hopeful, though, which is good. Also, what the hell do you have in mind for tonight?

02-12-2005 16:09:35
SageGenesis Offline

Tuesday's campaign
voh Wrote:as for preparations for the game - as we've talked about on numerous occasions - it is impossible to prepare a gaming session, as the Player's Conglomerate (existing of nar, goldy and me) will always choose exactly that one specific option you didn't consider.
Other kind of preparing. Statting out NPCs (thank god for no list of hundreds of Charms!), making their plans beyond "kicking ass", and such things. In other words, fleshing out the world in which you play.

You've already seen it in the NPC Expo. I don't normally put that much effort into history and such. But this time I have, and there's tons more ready to be introduced at any time (well, a dozen or so at the moment). And not just people who happen to appear on screen, but who actually have past and meaning in the story. A living and breathing world, if you will.
(This is mostly because of the wonder that is WotG. I know I get hyped about games quickly, but not even M&M has made it this easy on me to stat things out.)

As for tonight, I say I'll just appear on some point and then we'll see what we do. Who cares? We can reminisce, watch something, talk about your char, whatever. Since when did we need plans and reasons to hang out anyway?

02-12-2005 17:04:37
voh Offline
Grandmaster Yogurt

Tuesday's campaign
You make a good point... There's not enough "... let's do something!" going on.

02-12-2005 18:14:22
goldylox Offline
Parental Control Group

Tuesday's campaign
Welll uhmm..what can I say :S

sry for being busy :/

But one thing is certain...even though I'm extremely busy on tuesdays, I don't want to give up spending time with you guys or the campaign.

And about cancellations...I'm truely sorry...but there will come some from my part due to school-assignments in Haarlem I have to do. And yes..I even got 2 scheduled in the evening Sad

Then here's a question: It's christmas holidays soon. What's everyone doing? I know Robin is away to berlin for some days...meaning he's got time left Wink
Perhaps it's a good idea to do some sort of marathon again..haven't got one in ages......And be honest, you can't say we don't have the needed series/movies for it :lol:

What do you say?

Miew mriewiew mrrr mriew prrrr!!!
02-12-2005 19:47:45
SageGenesis Offline

Tuesday's campaign
The Wulin Sage has decided:

When the two courtiers (Robin, Jeroen) were made they basically got told to stay away from the more complex forms of the secret arts. These things were too much of a hassle to run without the book. And this was a good decision. The keyword here being "was", mind you.

Now that the book's here this is no longer true. Therefore, next time we play I'll allow both of them to re-destribute points to delve deeper into the defining techniques of their archetypes. As it stands they are currently just warriors with one or two neat tricks, but without Uncommon kung fu.

This is not mandatory of course, but it is recommended. Scale back on kung fu or advantages a little and invest those points into the Secret Arts of Intrigue. Sure, this means you kick somewhat less ass in a fight; that's only natural. If you were supposed to be a killing machine you'd have been a warrior to begin with. Proper use of Intrigue will make your enemies fight eachother or cripples their resolve with fear or conflicting priorities.

07-12-2005 00:05:58
nar Offline
Posting Freak

Tuesday's campaign
i myself wouldn't mind taking a look at those strange background thingies that we touched briefly upon, and haven't done anything with yet...Smile and just generally, i'd like to flesh out my character a bit more...i'm planning on working out his background somewhat, and if you'd still like it, i'd like to actually write that interview thing we had several episodes back...

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
07-12-2005 10:55:33
SageGenesis Offline

Tuesday's campaign
Background thingies? Ah, Loresheets.
Yes, those things are indeed mighty. The interview and background wouldn't be bad either.

07-12-2005 12:59:48
voh Offline
Grandmaster Yogurt

Tuesday's campaign
I'd love to be more of a courtier, and less of a warrior. I also think that I can pretty much explain the change of focus as a result of being totally ass-whooped by that strong dude.

After redesigning my character (i'd rather do it from the ground up), I'll also, based on that, write more information about my character.

My caracters are like your happy tree friends, arik. "It's all in my head. I just need to write it down", and then I forget Tongue

07-12-2005 14:23:06
nar Offline
Posting Freak

Tuesday's campaign
so what's the 4-1-1 these days gents? are we playing this tuesday or have we moved to wednesday?

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
11-12-2005 17:59:08
voh Offline
Grandmaster Yogurt

Tuesday's campaign
What the hell? Who said anything about moving to wednesdays?

11-12-2005 20:33:57

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
float: right;