[Nihao Honey] NPC exposition time.
SageGenesis Offline

I will fully reveal an NPC once a week. That means stats, description, GM notes, history, the whole works. It's up to you to vote who gets revealed this week though! And that's not just my players, it's also the people who happen to read this and are even remotely interested. I plan to reveal on monday (one day before we're supposed to play), so you have still some time to decide.

To make it easier for everyone involved, a list of those who are "unlocked" so far.

Fellow Students of Jade Dragon School
(All these are female)

BMX: Goth airhead nympho.
Emerald Spring Wei: Chainsword user and somewhat of a wallflower. Doesn't seem to have a Legacy, and curiously includes her family name into her "title."
Heartless Devil-Flower: Coldly calculating curse mistress. (I like letter 'c'...)
Iron Sun Radiant: Swordfighter with a body covered in bandages.
Jinx: Gun-fu toting assassin of the 'Murder Scholars' society.
Monkey Princess: Laid back girl who is, supposedly, the strongest D-Rank warrior of the school. Known to take a daily injection of some kind every morning.
Princess Magnificent: Daughter of the emperor, stuck up bitch, and personal rival to Robin's character.

Rival Students of Scarlet Tiger School

Hundred Phoenix Feathers: Reputedly the strongest fighter of the Scarlet Tiger School. Seems to have a history with Iron Sun Radiant. Female.
Owl: Manipulative youngster and master strategist. Male.
Loss and Joy: Younger sister of BMX. Creepy little girl extraordinaire.
Hungry Bear: Iron-plated juggernaut. Male
Five Eagles: Archer of unknown gender and properties.
Arctic Smile: Siberean beauty who's big into using cold and the good ol' soviet spirit. Female.
Scarlet Tiger Prince: Grandson of the school's headmaster. A so-called "perfect" swordsman: skilled, handsome, and well educated. And more than a bit arrogant.
Cloudless Dawn: Diplomat courtier with no appreciable combat skills, or so he is described anyway by Princess Magnificent.
Iron Sage: Intelligent Bei-clan warrior with skills in both blacksmithing and healing. Male.
Heaven's Martyr & Hell's Saint: Twins turned christian. Big time christian. Fight with greatswords and inseperable. Females.

Others

Swirling Snow: Guy with limp arms (known to be shattered and healed poorly) who kicked the stuffing out of Ben's IC sister.
Old Lady Sparrow: The headmaster of Jade Dragon High, the school our story centers on. Female (but old).

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
03-11-2005 16:32:26
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nar Offline
Posting Freak

goddamnit! now i gotta choose...but, if you hold true to your promise, in time, i may just get to see all thier stats, so...

i vote....

MONKEY PRINCESS!!!!

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
i am a motherfucking ray of goddamn sunshine, i am.
04-11-2005 20:53:15
voh Offline
Grandmaster Yogurt

Monkey Princess here too Smile

Jinx for next week though Wink

robindevoh.com - NaNoWriMo prep & onwards, writin's the main topic.
04-11-2005 23:45:07
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline

By popular demand!
(If two people can be called popular, anyway...)

Monkey Princess
Rank/Archetype: D-Rank Warrior
Passion: Girls just want to have fun! (joy)

Attributes/Skills

MIGHT [Jade Chi] 6
Athletics 3
Fight (staves +1) 4
Hardiness 3
Lift 4

SPEED [Crimson Chi] 4
Initiative 3
Dodge 3
Finesse 1
Melee 1

PRESENCE [Gold Chi] 2
Confidence (fearless +1) 3
Inspire 1

GENIUS [White Chi] 1
Learning 1
Tactics 1

WU WEI [Silver Chi] 4
Awareness 1
Senses 2
Stealth 1

Advantages
Quality Weapon, Status 1, Wealth 2.

Disadvantages
Lazy / Black-Hearted

Equipment
Punch or Kick - Spd +15, Strk +0, Dmg -5.
Quality Staff- Spd +10, Strk +10, Dmg. +5.
Light Armor, -5 to Damage taken.

Chi
Chi Aura 2, River 3, Legacy: Second to Buddha.

Health
17 points per level.

Kung Fu
Lightfoot 3
- Surefoot
- Run Like a Deer
- Headlong Flying Leap

Drunken Monkey 2
- Monkey Capering
- Monkey Roll

Anvil Breaker 2
- Pound Flat
- Shattering Blow

Inexorable Doom 5
- Breaks the Bones
- Imminent Doom
- Earth Shaker
- Heaven Shaker
- Shatters the Skulls

DESCRIPTION
A girl 17 springs of age with wild, thick black hair on which she doesn't do nearly enough work. Her amber eyes are usually half closed in a bored I-can-really-not-be-bothered expression. And truthfully, she usually can't.
She has a lean athletic frame that seems rather easy on the eye at first until she flexes her muscles, at which point it becomes readily apparent that she is inhumanly strong. She dresses rather simply in jeans and shirts which are faded and torn, sporting logos of shows and bands long since gone. Because, you guessed it, she really can't be bothered to buy new ones.

HISTORY
There is a shrine many miles to the north of Shen Zhou City where the priests offer prayer and sacrifice to monkeys, and to the Handsome Monkey King in particular (the same one from the 'Journey to the West' legend). They leave fruit and alcohol on the altar for the sacred animals to gleefully snatch for themselves.
Once every few generations or so one young acolyte from that temple becomes a sort of reincarnation of the Monkey King, or more accurately receives a karmic link to him. This person then must set out for travel, study, and adventure. When they have learned enough of the outside world they return to share their wisdom with the other priests - if there is one thing the Monkey King abhors, it's for his temple to become stagnant with stuffy old men who've never laughed, never been beaten to a pulp, or never have shared the bed with a pretty maiden.
Or in this case, pretty boys. Maybe it's a sign of emancipation, but the most recent reincarnation turned out to be one of the shrinemaidens.

The Monkey Princes (plus their singular Princess) continue to baffle the scholars of the Wulin with their impossible Legacy. Such a thing should be carried through blood, and not one of these wishy washy "Chosen One" deals. And yet that's exactly what it does.
Second to Buddha refers to the fact that the only being who ever defeated the Monkey King was the great Buddha himself. While the priests may not quite boast similar prowess, they are neverless remarkably competent in any kind of conflict. This Legacy is passive, requiring no effort or chi expenditure, and it increases the size of the River by one higher than is normal for a member of that rank (thus, Monkey Princess currently has River 3, which is normally reserved for C-Rank).

NOTES
* Roughly a century ago a previous Monkey Prince was slain. His weapon, a sacred staff of the temple, was taken by his killer. Monkey Princess has an entangled destiny with this Weapon of the Gods (which is currently not designed).
* The Monkey King is a belligerent, boastful, selfish, and crude person. These traits are passed down to whoever follows his Legacy. As such Monkey Princess has the Blackhearted disadvantage. However, in the past this nearly lost her all friends. At the urging of the only friend who hanged on (Iron Sun Radiant) she sought help and found it in the form of sedatives. Every morning she takes an injection to numb her mind and body, but this gives her the Lazy disadvantage. Her studies have suffered, but her tests are graded on a special scale. (Old Lady Sparrow doesn't want her to go back to crippling fellow students again for the sake of a D-)
Now that war has been declared Monkey Princess will stop taking these sedatives...

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
07-11-2005 21:39:44
nar Offline
Posting Freak

that's some bad ass exposition...Smile thank you!

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
08-11-2005 12:51:57
SageGenesis Offline

We aim to please.
Voh has voted for Jinx for next week's expo. And your vote would be...?

08-11-2005 13:07:57
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

I vote for Iron Sun Radiant

Licensed.
08-11-2005 13:55:12
MaszaH Offline
Posting Freak

ow ow ow BMX: Goth airhead nympho.

whiiiii Grin the title just makes me wanna love her !

don't underestimate the cosmic power of french toast!
08-11-2005 14:09:04
SageGenesis Offline

Impressive. All of a sudden everybody wants to hear all about my NPCs...
Next monday kids. If there is an overwhelming response I might consider doing this twice a week, but for now we need more votes. It's split 1-1-1 amongst Jinx, Iron Sun Radiant, and BMX for now.

08-11-2005 15:45:35
goldylox Offline
Parental Control Group

Nice NPC. Love her background Wink
One question though. Is inexorable doom a Kung Fu style? How can she have 5 ranks in it :S <It scares the shit out of me> Sound as a rather cool one. Rather not have my skull shattered Wink

And for next week: well well....tricky. I think I'll vote for Jinx! Grin

Miew mriewiew mrrr mriew prrrr!!!
08-11-2005 16:32:00
SageGenesis Offline

goldylox Wrote:Is inexorable doom a Kung Fu style?
Yes.

goldylox Wrote:How can she have 5 ranks in it :S
Because she's not a starting level character with 50 destiny.
D-Rank is anywhere from 50-99 destiny.

08-11-2005 16:40:46
nar Offline
Posting Freak

hmmm...where to place my vote...

i'm torn tween iron sun radiant, and BMX...tho BMX's...stats would be more interesting to...discover in...play...

if it were any other NPC, that sentance would not be near as dirty...Grin

i vote HUNDRED PHOENIX FEATHERS!

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
08-11-2005 18:05:21
voh Offline
Grandmaster Yogurt

Dude, no, vote Jinx!

If we all work together we can get ANYONE AHAHWWMAOUAHWAHAHAHAHAHA

08-11-2005 19:01:24
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline

Votes so far:
Iron Sun Radiant: 1 (Mel)
BMX: 1 (Maszah)
Jinx: 2 (Voh, Goldylox)
Hundred Phoenix Feathers: 1 (Nar)

And now a little goodie for our good friend Nar:
Since you're going to forget your USB stick anyway tueday, here's the website I got all the Guilty Gear mp3's from. http://www.blood-sports.net/gg/ggmult/gg...rmus.shtml

There's also music (and pictures and god knows what else, but who cares?) of some other fighting games. Enjoy to your heart's content.

I can particularly recommend 'Faith Shall Save Thee (Sol vs Ky Type EX)'. Starts not all that great, but later on gets the rawest guitar EVAH. Also good are 'Vortex Infinium (Robo-Ky's Theme)' and 'The Midnight Carnival (Last Battle)'. The song I've proclaimed to be the themesong of the campaign is 'Dead Silence (Same Character Type EX)'.

12-11-2005 17:38:29
nar Offline
Posting Freak

totally sweet, thank you! Smile

i have, however, via the magic of internet, downloaded a whole shit load of guilty gear music...a good 13 hours worth of it...Grin

it's all i've listened to today...i've looked for those songs you recommended, and i've found them. i look forward to actually listening to them, but for now, i must lay my head down to rest...

looking forward to this weeks expo!

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
14-11-2005 00:16:10
SageGenesis Offline

So very interesting... Jinx has the least background, future plans, and notable features of all. Proves that you can be cool without all that I guess!

Jinx
Passion: Become the best Murder Sage (obsession)

Attributes/Skills

MIGHT [Jade Chi] 4
Athletics 2
Fight 1
Hardiness 1

SPEED [Crimson Chi] 2
Initiative 3
Dodge 2
Melee 1
Ride 1

PRESENCE [Gold Chi] 2
Confidence 2
Grace 1

GENIUS [White Chi] 4
Learning 2
Crafting (guns +1) 1
Tactics 3

WU WEI [Silver Chi] 4
Awareness 3
Ranged (guns +1) 3
Senses 2
Stealth 2

Advantages
Affiliation (The Murder Sages) 3, Status 1, Wealth 3.

Disadvantages
Chronically Unlucky (Hey, you're Jinx or not!)

Equipment
Machine Pistols - Speed +15, Strike +5, Damage +10. Max Range: Medium.
Shotgun - Speed +0, Strike +5, Damage +15. Max Range: Short.
Light Armor, -5 to Damage.

Chi
Chi Aura 2, River 2, Legacy: Startling Damnation.

Health
16 points per level.

Kung fu
Lightfoot 3
- Surefoot
- Run Like a Deer
- Headlong Flying Leap

Cloudmastery 3
- Phantom of the Clouds
- Moon Covered By Clouds
- Flowing Clouds

Perfect Aim 3
- Eagle Eye
- Palpable Hit
- Unerring Flight

Way of the Gun 1
- Calm in Chaos

DESCRIPTION
Pale, for starters. Not just the skin, but everything. Platina-blonde half-long hair, grey eyes, dresses a lot in stark white - the color of mourning in China.
Jinx is a driven and dedicated person with more than a bit of a cruel streak. She is not just willing to kill, she's more than happy to. Heartless Devil-Flower, her roommate, is also a cousin of hers.

HISTORY
Let's first begin with The Murder Sages.
Roughly one century ago this secret society split off from a group of scholars who called themselves the Western Sages. These Western Sages studied the strange devices and philosophies from the western european countries, partly out of curiosity and partly to see if they posed a threat. The details are lost, but one brash young scholar became fascinated with the technology of firearms. A simple peasant, with no training, could kill a low ranking warrior with a single shot! People with strongly cultivated chi could still stop a bullet in flight with their inner power alone, but they had the advantage of kung fu on their side. If only there was a way to combine the western weapon with eastern martial arts, he would have a supreme weapon capable of conquering the wulin.

The resulting society he founded, the Murder Sages, have long since let go of that dream, despite perfecting the kung fu he envisioned. Their founder was a fool who had no clue as to the true power of kung fu, nor of the God-Weapons that easily outclassed his pistols and rifles. But guns still proved useful as tools for assassins for hire, a task the Sages perform all too well indeed to fund their continuing search for cutting edge technology that is useful for martial artists.

And Jinx? Well, not much to be said really. She's a gunbunny that enjoys things that go boom and have big calibers. The Sages were a natural choice.

Startling Damnation is the hallmark power of her family, who specialize in manipulative and treacherous techniques (something more evidently seen in Heartless Devil-Flower). Through it one can twist and pervert Joss being brought to bear against them; Xia Joss is strolen, Corrupt Joss is reversed. Whichever of the two is used, Jinx adds the dice to her pool instead.

NOTES
* Way of the Gun is based on the Gun-Kata from the Equilibrium movie.

14-11-2005 19:00:52
SageGenesis Offline

I've got some votes that are not registered on this forum, and the winner's Iron Sun Radiant this time around. However, her story can not be told by itself. So today we have two characters...

Iron Sun Radiant
Passion: Prove the worth of women in the wulin (anger)

Attributes/Skills

MIGHT [Jade Chi] 2
Athletics 3
Fight 1
Hardiness (regain chi +1) 2

SPEED [Crimson Chi] 4
Initiative 3
Dodge 2
Melee (Swords +1) 3
Ride 1

PRESENCE [Gold Chi] 4
Confidence 2
Grace 1
Inspire 3

GENIUS [White Chi] 3
Learning 2
Politics 1
Tactics 2

WU WEI [Silver Chi] 4
Awareness 3
Senses 2

Advantages
Affiliation (Jade Dragon Society) 3, Status 1, Wealth 4

Disadvantages
Rival (Hundred Phoenix Feathers).

Equipment
Longsword - Spd +5, Strk +10, Dmg. +5.
Strike Like River - Spd N/A, Strk +0, Dmg. +5. (See Legacy, below)

Chi
Chi Aura 2, River 2, Legacy: Strike Like River

Health
17 points per level.

Kung fu
Lightfoot 3
- Surefoot
- Run Like a Deer
- Headlong Flying Leap

Heart-Breaking Blade 3
- Killing Spree
- Lightning Killing Spree
- Killing Frenzy Spree

Flowery Fist 2
- Laughing Maiden Advance
- Sword-Dancer Spin

Unfolding Glory 3
- How Swift Thy Blade
- Willow Stance
- Face of the Moon

============================

Hundred Phoenix Feathers
Passion: Obtain power to re-forge her broken clan (obsession)

Attributes/Skills

MIGHT [Jade Chi] 3
Athletics 3
Fight 2
Hardiness 3
Lift 2

SPEED [Crimson Chi] 5
Initiative 3
Dodge 2
Melee 3

PRESENCE [Gold Chi] 5
Confidence 3
Inspire 2

GENIUS [White Chi] 2
Learning 2
Politics 1
Tactics 2

WU WEI [Silver Chi] 2
Awareness 2
Senses 2

Advantages
Good Looks 3, Status 1, Wealth 1.
Permanent Chi Condition: Weak Water (no silver chi flow when excited), Strong Fire (improved crimson breath).

Disadvantages
Rival (Iron Sun Radiant).

Equipment
Quality Longspear - Spd +10, Strk +10, Dmg. +10.

Chi
Chi Aura 2, River 2, Legacy: Blaze From the Ashes

Health
17 points per level.

Kung Fu
Lightfoot 3
- Surefoot
- Run Like a Deer
- Headlong Flying Leap

Hurricane Spear 3
- Storm Step
- Thunder & Lightning
- Typhoon Winds

Tiger General Lance 3
- Surprising Advance
- Swatting Paw Strike
- Terrible Swipe

Holy Fire 3
- Flame Strike
- Seven-Fire Tip
- Coruscating Flame

SHARED HISTORY
Iron and Hundred (as we'll call them from here on) come from two minor families that have been close allies and friends for hundreds of years; respectively the God-Wind Raiders, originally nomadic dervishes from Persia, and Phoenix' Disciples, a small clan of warriors and scholars who study the many properties of fire.
Ever since they were very small the two girls were good friends and were almost like sisters, as their family's landhouses were not far apart. One day the little Iron proudly showed off her training to her friend: her long and luxurious hair could move as on the wind, according to her will! Hundred grew very jealous at this, as she had not even begun to understand her own Legacy and her hair was short and like straw; not at all like the flowing silk of her friend.
Iron noticed how sad Hundred got at this and teased cruelly like only children can do. In tears, and not fully understanding what she was about to do, Hundred grabbed the hair and showed what her own training had been so far.

Holy Fire.

When she saw what she had done it was already too late. Her best friend, just eight years old, was burning to death before her eyes. She wanted to stop it but did not even get the chance: a servant heard the shrill screaming and was so blinded with anger at the sight of his young mistress apparently under attack that he threw his sword at the assailant. Hundred was knocked back and impaled to an appletree. And then she lost consciousness.

IRON SUN RADIANT'S HISTORY
Covered in bandages like a mummy and wearing a mask and hood all the time, Iron Sun Radiant grew up to be a mercenary, although she went under the title of Typhoon Dragon at the time. When she had enough money by guarding, killing, and stealing she paid some very famous doctors to restore her face and hands.
They did their job very well, but her body is still a mutilated mess of skin and fat obviously molten, solidified into a leathery texture, and then stretched and torn by several growthspurts. This will require further treatments and thus more money.
In the few years as a mercenary Iron did encounter a good deal more sexism than she expected. So she joined the Jade Dragon Society on her return to Shen Zhou City, which fights for the equal rights of women.

Her Legacy, Strike Like River, is a subtle control of air currents and chi to make her own hair move almost like it has a mind of its own. In essence she has two River tracks. One for regularly adding to her dicerolls, and the other to generate an attack with her own hair. At the end of any turn she can simply flow dice out of this second river and declare that to be the result of an attack. Kung fu can further modify the strike, but her other River and Joss can not (for good or ill).

IRON SUN RADIANT'S DESCRIPTION
Though it's hidden fairly well under her clothes, this girl's body is covered in bandages from her neck all the way down to her elbows and ankles. Her hair is tealish-grey (I'm sure there's an actual name for it I'm not aware of) and bound back in seven thin braids. These fall down to about the middle of the back, where they are bound together with an odd affair: a piece of leather folded somewhat like an envelope, not unlike a quiver. It is some eight inches long, and it would seem that her braids are that much longer too. At the end of each braid is a sharpened razor-like blade that she can use with her Legacy.
She has pastiche-green eyes and often a concerned look on her face. Why must the world be so much trouble?

NOTES
* Iron Sun Radiant never ever fights her friends again, most notably her roommate the Monkey Princess. If they were to actually fight it would become apparent that they are, in truth, equally matched.

HUNDRED PHOENIX FEATHERS' HISTORY
With her family's allies suddenly a lot less willing to risk their necks, the Phoenix' Disciples found themselves in trouble within a short, brutish decade. But there were mixed blessings on the horizon: Hundred Phoenix Feathers lost her right kidney to the incident in her youth and as a result had very weak silver chi, the watery energy of feminine yin. As a byproduct her fire energy of yang had skyrocketed, and the aggressive tomboy had no intentions of letting her clan roll over and die.
She quickly found a school powerful enough for her purposes (not quite by accident the rival school of a recently returned Iron Sun Radiant) and smashed, beat, bit, clawed, and raged her way to the top. Finally with a tentative command over several very talented people she struck back and bought her family much needed time to lick their wounds and build up what they lost over the years.

Instrumental in her advance to the top was her Legacy Blaze From the Ashes, as this was not a democratic process. She needed to duel with everybody who desired the spot for their own, and that's just about the entire class of D-Ranks.
Even if the fire and glory of Hundred Phoenix Feathers seems to have finally been extuingished, she can rekindle these things like her namesake. As a free action she can spend any amount of white, silver, or jade chi. She may then divide half that amount on her crimson and gold chi, having instantly "charged up" any lost points.

HUNDRED PHOENIX FEATHERS' DESCRIPTION
At first sight not all that unlike any other chinese girl you might see. Short black hair that hangs to about her cheekbones and dark brown eyes. It's more her spirit that draws people to her: proud, strong and with a fire in her eyes and voice that makes the heart beat faster and more strongly.
But most notable are the tattoos she sports. On her arms and legs are falling feathers in black and red, and these are often visible because she tends to wear sleeveless shirts and shorts; her strong inner fire would overheat if she wore anything more stiffling. Less often noted is the other tattoo she has, that of a somewhat abstracted black phoenix in flight on her back, beak pointing upwards across her spine between the shoulder blades, wings folded back and running down to the small of her back, and the firey tail blossoming out over the area where most girls wouldn't be comfortable with you staring too hard at.

NOTES
* Hundred Phoenix Feathers has fought with Iron Sun Radiant twice, though they were never in a situation where they could properly finish the match. However, she hasn't used Holy Fire on this particular foe again. And nor will she, even if it was to save her own life.
* A certain person was very important to the rise of Hundred Phoenix Feathers as the head of D-Rank class of the Scarlet Tigers. A certain creepy little girl who goes by the name of Loss and Joy helped her defeat Hungry Bear in her own mysterious ways, despite the fact that the latter enjoyed the tactical counsel of strategic genius Owl. The reasons why are, as always, unknown.

21-11-2005 21:13:02
nar Offline
Posting Freak

this truly is some bad ass expo!! 2 for 1 at that!! rawkin...

i'm loving these characters to absolute death...it's making me want to spend inordinate amounts of time on NPC generation for the next time i happen to run a campaign...Grin

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
22-11-2005 10:18:16
SageGenesis Offline

What can I say? I put as much energy in prominent NPCs as I would do to my PCs. In fact, because I can determine the history of dozens of people, I may even put in more energy.
Anyways, vote people. Vote! I made is easier by editing the first post, so now it includes the whole class of Scarlet Tiger School.

22-11-2005 12:47:00
voh Offline
Grandmaster Yogurt

I want to hear about Five Eagles, to be honest Smile

And yeah, read the latest expo, and it was nice Wink

22-11-2005 19:58:01
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

cool stuff here,

Owl yes Owl

Licensed.
24-11-2005 11:32:24
voh Offline
Grandmaster Yogurt

Bah, Owl is boring.

24-11-2005 15:37:55
SageGenesis Offline

Despite repeated requests to some people out there, voting has been a little scarce this time around. So as it stands we have a tie, and in this particular case we'll default to the oldest standing vote: BMX, as requested by MaszaH.

BMX
Rank/Archetype: D-Rank Courtier
Passion: Craves attention and 'love' (fear [of being lonely and unwanted])

Attributes/Skills

MIGHT [Jade Chi] 3
Athletics 1
Fight 3
Hardiness 2

SPEED [Crimson Chi] 2
Initiative 2
Dodge 3
Ride 1

PRESENCE [Gold Chi] 5
Confidence 3
Grace 2
Inspire (grief +1) 3
Perform (Banshee +1) 3
Persuade 3

GENIUS [White Chi] 1
Learning 1

WU WEI [Silver Chi] 4
Awareness 1
Senses 1
Stealth 2

Advantages
Status 1, Wealth 2

Disadvantages
Thick as a Brick

Equipment

Chi
Chi Aura 2, River 2, Legacy: Hollow Sky

Health
15 points per level.

Kung fu
Lightfoot 3
- Surefoot
- Run Like a Deer
- Headlong Flying Leap

Banshee's Keening 3
- Single Whisper of Pain
- Agonizing Chant
- Howl of Torment

Blizzard Fist 2
- Frost-Numbing Fist
- Frozen Moon

Secret Arts
- Story of the Self
- Secret Arts of Intrigue
-- Exploitation of Sorrows
- Controlling Passions
-- Yin-Yang Technique
-- Inflaming and Soothing Passions
-- Stealthy Work

DESCRIPTION
All the normal trappings you'd expect on a goth chick who wants to be noticed by the boys: black hair (with natural curls no less), black eyeshadow, black lipstick, black nailpolish, lavish black dresses and frocks made from extravagant amounts of lace, leather, velvet, PVC, latex, and all the other materials out there that normal people don't wear. All of it very nicely balanced out to accentuate her chest and legs, as well as revealing the edges of the naughty underwear she's got underneath.
It's very important to note that she's not a real goth. That is to say, she's not overly depressed or into thinking about bleakness, doomed romances, dark emotions, or anything of the sort. Rather, she just likes the look of the dresses and it gets her more action.
Although always cheerful and ready for a roll in the hay, few people are willing to get into a stable relationship with her. She is depressingly slow-witted and was almost born a natural blonde, despite the genetic impossibilities of such a prospect.

HISTORY
In her youth, all attention went to her younger sister (Loss and Joy, vote for her if you want to know why). As a result BMX grew up as a very lonely and sad child, something which quickly brought her into the gothic scene. But as it turned out, there were very many nice young lads who professed their love to her - as long as she'd spread her legs for them. At first she wasn't quick enough on the uptake that they didn't really love her and later she simply didn't care; sex is fun and makes her wanted.
Her parents immediately sent her to a girls school when they found out about their eldest daughter's promiscuity, but to no avail: that school includes boys these days.

Her Legacy Hollow Sky is a simple but curious effect. Her family has always been experts at Feng Shui, particularly some very harmful variants that harm breathing things that reside within the area. Heaven (if it was them...) has seen to it that a similar effect has taken root within the chakra of this family.
Whenever somebody tries to forcibly draw in chi from the surroundings, BMX will immediately and reflexively make a similar roll of her own to do the same. Each result die she obtains will be a point robbed from the other party's inflow, meaning BMX can potentially completely prevent people from enhancing their breath if she's around.

NOTES
* BMX is short for Black Moon Extreme, a suitably pretentious goth name. It's taken from the Werewolf: the Forsaken roleplaying game.
* Banshee's Keening is just the Music of War kung fu with different flavortext.
* Her family is quite powerful and very feared within the wulin, and not simply because of their Legacy. They are traditionally the wardens of Zero Hold, a prison that completely and instantly drains the chi supplies of anybody within or nearby. Anybody, that is, who doesn't have this family's Legacy. They are known as cruel hosts with a morbid streak who enjoy torturing famous warriors who have lost their powers.

28-11-2005 19:16:45
nar Offline
Posting Freak

i completely forgot to vote...(sigh)

nice tho! BMX's got a nice little background...very interesting indeed. i really do like this expo thing...i don't think i've ever really seen so much of what the NPCs're all about...Smile

to make up for not voting these past couple of weeks, i'm going to vote right now!

i vote for...

EMERALD SPRING WEI!

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
29-11-2005 10:14:55
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Owl!

Licensed.
29-11-2005 13:23:34

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
float: right;