I hereby open the thread for Iron Heroes Birthright: "Eisen und Blut"
Knightwood Offline

Aaah oddman dosn't like his rolls Wink

iKnighted. Also: I Know a Little About a Lot (0_o)
02-11-2005 21:46:54
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline

Ok, got it all worked out.

Blooded is going to be a bit more solidified in the rules. At chargen you can pick three traits, one of which at most can be one of the Blooded traits. (If you don't pick a Blooded one, congratulations: you have three traits and can only pick NPC classes + the Magician class which is... unsafe.)

Apart from letting you be a proper class, the various Blooded traits also give special abilities. Relatively minor and non-flashy ones, no teleporting or fireballing or the like. But which abilities they give is not pre-determined. It's based not just on birth but training as well. An archer with the blood of Azrai might become a grim sniper who is never spotted. An armiger might not feel pain in a way startlingly similar to an undead. Or maybe he just gets the ability to meld into the shadows. It's never quite easy to predict.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
03-11-2005 22:40:30
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Belphanior Wrote:which at most .
if that doen't mean: at least, it makes no real sence

(story makes it sound like DM picks your power when you describe your char)
(you get one extra trait which will be a blooded one and one is the max and what it does is unclear)

aha so the choice is a god of somekind, (sounded to me like there was no choice, thx for the clear up....

so what gods can we choose or make up?

Licensed.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2005 22:58:39 by Knightwood.)
03-11-2005 22:53:57
SageGenesis Offline

(me) Melchior Wrote:
Belphanior Wrote:which at most .
if that doen't mean: at least, it makes no real sence
No, it really should say "at most."
Otherwise you'd be able to blow all three traits on different gods, thus granting you Kewl Powerz for each of them. You can select one of them (and should, if you don't want to suck). But you can't pick more than one, so it's at most.

Quote:(story makes it sound like DM picks your power when you describe your char)
Correct.
We can also use the AD&D method if you like: roll randomly on a rather limited table. With a bit of luck it might fit your concept... but you can also end up with the ability to talk to dolphins. (Hint: dolphins are not expected to play a big part of the campaign.)

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
03-11-2005 22:56:09
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

plz no random tables!...

Licensed.
03-11-2005 22:59:16
SageGenesis Offline

Then we'll do it my way. And for the record, it's not like you don't have any choices in this. If you say, "I want my weapon master with blood of Anduiras (god of glory and battle and light and stuff) to have abilities that make him the quintessential knight in shining armor and all paladin-like", I can easily make it so.

03-11-2005 23:09:42
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Belphanior Wrote:Then we'll do it my way. And for the record, it's not like you don't have any choices in this. If you say, "I want my weapon master with blood of Anduiras (god of glory and battle and light and stuff) to have abilities that make him the quintessential knight in shining armor and all paladin-like", I can easily make it so.
yeah this is more like what i had in mind.. player sets his desires and you make something nice out of it Smile

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
04-11-2005 00:30:22
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline

JLT* Wrote:yeah this is more like what i had in mind.. player sets his desires and you make something nice out of it Smile
Yes, except for you. You get to talk to dolphins. At level 8 this extends to whales and orcas. Later you will be able to summon dolphins from thin air! (Restriction: only works on land.)

04-11-2005 09:26:09
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Okay but i do want a tumor in the form of a dolphin on the back of my head. it has to talk and smoke and have nasty teeth.
In cerilia this should get me a lot of respect

04-11-2005 10:27:25
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline

Deal.
And thus was born the new Awnsheg... The Angry Dolphin!

"Eep eep eep eep!"

04-11-2005 10:58:00
Oddman Offline
Posting Freak

Apart from the silliness, I like the way you're going to handle it.
04-11-2005 14:29:42
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Admin's Note: The rules state that these forums are english only. The original text is quoted below.

Next friday I have a performance of my show... can't play. :S

Quote:aanstaande vrijdag heb ik een opvoering van mijn show.. kan niet :S

06-11-2005 00:34:40
SageGenesis Offline

Ok, bit of a bummer. I guess you don't have to confront Mask of Winters if you don't want to...

But now we can pester Melchior into running his D&D instead. You hear that lazy bum? Get preparing!

06-11-2005 13:27:37
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

JLT* Wrote:Admin's Note: The rules state that these forums are english only. The original text is quoted below.

Next friday I have a performance of my show... can't play. :S

Quote:aanstaande vrijdag heb ik een opvoering van mijn show.. kan niet :S
ja sorry admin ging niet bewust..

06-11-2005 13:47:25
SageGenesis Offline

JLT* Wrote:ja sorry admin ging niet bewust..
[Image: englishmotherfuckerdoyouspeaki.jpg]

06-11-2005 16:03:14
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

sorry Wink

06-11-2005 17:12:58
Knightwood Offline

Nice one :lol:

iKnighted. Also: I Know a Little About a Lot (0_o)
06-11-2005 18:34:39
SageGenesis Offline

As there is an absence of JLT next friday (I still say that Mel should run some D&D then!), I propose Mel, Odd, and me get working on chargen for 'Eisen und Blut'.
As there is no need for niche protection, I don't foresee this making any character concepts JLT may have had impossible. At the very least we can roll stats and stuff.

08-11-2005 13:11:12
Oddman Offline
Posting Freak

Sounds good to me.
08-11-2005 13:29:22
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Ill will host some dnd. but today is study day, the day after today I have the exam and the day after that it is rehabilitaionday (arik read your email!) so you'll be in for it.

Licensed.
08-11-2005 13:33:55
SageGenesis Offline

(me) Melchior Wrote:(arik read your email!)
Why read email when I have a perfectly good forum right here?
And besides, you're using my spam-trap. If you want to email me in earnest, use this one: Belphanior2@oohay.com
(Except replace oohay with yahoo. It's to confuzzle the evil bots that patrol the interweb in search of spam-bait.)

And by the way, that's a working day for me. So count me out.

08-11-2005 15:41:23
SageGenesis Offline

Ok, starting level has been firmly decided as... 5 (five). Why? Well dear reader, allow me to explain.

1) Low level is definitely a no-go. I firmly believe that this won't allow you to multiclass properly, nor does it make your PC an individual - mechanically speaking. Every fighter is pretty much the same at level 1, aren't they? So we need 3+ at the very least.

2) At level 5 many of the really interesting abilities start to kick in. Man-at-arms gets his first wild card feat, for example. Classes start to really show off their strengths.
2a) As an aside, there are several example NPCs presented throughout various adventures and web enhancements and such. They are consistently level 5.

3) Since this is quite a small group (just three people in a big bad world) you may need to be a bit beefy to properly tackle anything beyond a three or four brigands. While the NPC warrior class may lack all the funky abilities, they are still frighteningly comparable when it comes to basic push-the-pointy-thing-into-the-soft-and-screaming-thing.

10-11-2005 00:02:06
mirla Offline
Posting Freak

sounds good Smile

my first concept is some kind of kinashi-born mounted knight, or a brechtur merchantlike rogueish guy. Grin

(maar dan gepost door jelte en niet door mirla Sad
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2005 11:37:24 by roZijn.)
10-11-2005 11:36:45
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

Hey mirla! good too see you hanging around this forum! Grin

(^and watch the dutch there it isnt really appreciated :/ )

10-11-2005 13:51:46
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

I was thinking along the lines a youth from a warrior orientated family. Older brothers being favored by father while they compete for who is the favored. The young one was always seen as the young one and should occupy with poetry or something./ Taken under the wing of mother I learned the ways of manipulation and such/ fork here cus this leads to golden boy paladin or/ I read books alright but only called poetry by the few. Taken under the wing by allies and enemys of my father he did not even knew he had, i learned where my true talent lay, MAGIC. then someting happend(being cooler than oldest brother) and get send away, to 7 year training to become man, excuse. bit angry but then learn to have friends just to have friends , no strings. someting like this anyway.
ps
it is a line of thought so is you cant follow it, its oke

Licensed.
10-11-2005 16:23:47

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
float: right;