It'ssssssss... the Suggest-a-Coalition game
scroipt Offline
Posting Freak

annoyingly simple theme music, actually composed in 2048 and sent back via time portal simply gain retro status at the timne of cenception
Host:"Hi, my name is Troy McClure. You might remember me from depressing coalition-possilbility reviews as 1933's "Vawho to rule vile communists burn ouver Nation's heritage!" and 2000's ever popular "Thanks Jeb, noyw to mayke dayuddy prouwd". But it's the 23rd of november at 12:00, it's time to play..."
Crowd: "SUGGEST A COALITION!"
Host: smiling painfully "Yes, that's right." managing to turn painful smile into a cheesy grin "With 99.8% of the votes counted it looks like Balkenende[3] might not throw an ArrayOutOfBoundsException but, there might be quicker ways to insert the metaforical butt-plug. So to help me with this complicated issue, Dr. Nick Riviera.
Dr. Nick: "Thankyou Troy. No let's have a look at the results, I found conveniently placed in the paper I was sleeping under this morning:"

Code:
1.  CDA            41
2.  PVDA           32
3.  VVD            22
4.  SP             26
5.  Fortuyn         0
6.  GroenLinks      7
7.  D66             3
8.  ChristenUnie    6
9.  SGP             2
10. NL Transparant  0
11. PvdD            2
12. EenNL           0
13. PvdV (Wilders)  9
Host: "But Dr. Nick, doesn't that leave us with a measly 1023 possible coalitions?"
Dr. Nick: "Theoretically yes Troy, but since no-one will want to govern with D66 that leaves 511 options."
Host: "Now it's time for you to decide."

`Je n'avais pas besoin de cette hypothèse-là' --Pierre-Simon, Marquis de Laplace
23-11-2006 12:25:50
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

hmm is this a
Landslide victory for the communists in Holland or (large gain for sp)
Holland choses for extreem rightwinged anti-islam christan party's (net gain for CDA CU SGP and Wilders more gains than losses for VVD)

Licensed.
23-11-2006 16:29:07
voh Offline
Grandmaster Yogurt

This result has been approved by the Council of Communists.

robindevoh.com - NaNoWriMo prep & onwards, writin's the main topic.
23-11-2006 17:18:07
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Oddman Offline
Posting Freak

The amount of possible coalitions is considerably smaller than 511 owing to the fact that one presumably needs a majority of the house to have a functional government.

The Council of Liberal Thought does not approve of the outcome of this election. The authoritarians are the win. I am the disagree.
Anyhow, this was about possible coalitions. Let's name a few:

All the lefties together (PvdA (32), SP (26), GroenLinks (7), hell, even with CU (6), PvdD (2) and D66 (3) in the mix) are very barely a majority at 76. They really need all the small stuff.

The righties together need D66 as well: CDA (41), VVD (22), Wilders (9) and SGP (2, but they will refuse to be in government anyway) together have 74 seats.

Everything remotely liberal together: PvdA (32), VVD (22), D66 (3), GroenLinks (7), are much more than a mere biscuit-toss from any kind of majority. Same goes for everything Christian: CDA (41), CU (6) and SGP (2).

CDA (41) + PvdA (32) + SP (26) = 99, which is more than 75 and so a comfortable majority. Although this would be what the general populace seems to want (CDA is the biggest and SP is the greatest winner), this is not very likely. Even the CDA and PvdA alone wouldn't play together after the last elections. This would be the right one, but it's unlikely to be.

CDA (41) + PvdA (32) + CU (6) = 79, a majority. Social-christian. CU would be the glue: social as well as christian, where CDA is christian and PvdA is social.

CDA (41) + PvdA (32) + VVD (22) = 95, a possibility, but a very slight one. CDA and VVD can cooperate, but only the PvdA is big enough to give them a majority. This would also upset the SP-voters. Not that I care, of course.

PvdA (32) + SP (26) + VVD (22) = 80, it is a majority. It is unlikely that the VVD and the SP would be in the same room, let alone cabinet. I only put this option up here not to have to look at that depressing CDA all the time. (who voted for that again?)

CDA (41) + VVD (22) + Wilders (9) + SGP (2) = 74, no majority, fortunately!

PvdA (32), SP (26), GroenLinks (7), CU (6), PvdD (2) and D66 (3): the unlikely leftist mishmash. At least VVD and CDA are excluded for a short time. This would never last.

There is but one option:
Vote for Liberals Anonymous! (get your party rag at the thread starter or yours truly)
27-11-2006 16:29:24
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scroipt Offline
Posting Freak

prediction:
CDA (41) + PvdA (32) + CU (6) = 79

mudslinging (necessary, and totally in line with this years campaining):
At a pinch I'd say this is the Christian vomit that we will soon affectionately be calling government. It is the most probable majority cabinet (especially as our good friend Trixie deemed it wise to elect a CDAican to review possibilities. Although, in all fairness, the CDA was the largest party: thanks electorate).

Electorate smiles and continues subtly lobbing feces in one and other's general direction.

`Je n'avais pas besoin de cette hypothèse-là' --Pierre-Simon, Marquis de Laplace
28-11-2006 23:13:59
Oddman Offline
Posting Freak

It is either that or CDA/PvdA/SP.
01-12-2006 13:10:05
voh Offline
Grandmaster Yogurt

Rouvoet's said that he'd himself prefer CDA/PvdA/SP, and that even though they grew astonishingly (in such a seemingly unreligious place like the Netherlands), the SP grew much more than they did and deserve that spot in the coalition.

Also, the PvdV seems to have decided (along with CU, which has stated to prefer a place in the opposition) that they don't want to partake in a coalition.

It's an interesting struggle, but the outcome seems to be quite singular...

01-12-2006 17:41:13
nar Offline
Posting Freak

voh Wrote:Also, the PvdV seems to have decided that they don't want to partake in a coalition.
oh, is that what they did? i thought it went more along these lines:

Geertje: Hoi jongens! Ik wil jullie natuurlijk niet storen, maar ik wou jullie allemaal gewoon even laten weten dat ik beschikbaar ben om een coallitie mee te vormen! yay! Grin

De rest van de partijen, (inclusief de pedofielen): go fuck yourself.

i could of course be mistaken Wink

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
i am a motherfucking ray of goddamn sunshine, i am.
02-12-2006 08:41:46
voh Offline
Grandmaster Yogurt

After all that shit happened, the party decided not to take part in a coalition, even though Geert himself was all in yo facez.

Don't forget it isn't just him Wink There's 8 other retards behind him Tongue

03-12-2006 16:55:48
scroipt Offline
Posting Freak

Ah, but of course. For it was in the ancient teachings of old that was not only fortold but specifically prophesied that, and I quote: "The coming of the moron shall be neither singualar, nor double, but nonupular shall the moron be."

03-12-2006 23:38:25

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
float: right;