Infinity
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Infinity
Hmm I find the aspect the least appealing, kind of a non party party member.
The Artemis with its unique talents is also growing on me.
I agree with scale 4 and the cool talents

Licensed.
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2018 18:04:19 by (me) Melchior.)
13-10-2018 17:11:21
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline

Scale 4. At scale 3 you'd be a corvette, too small to be a frigate and remain independently operational for long.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
13-10-2018 17:15:26
Little asian dude Offline

As for missions I also assumed it would be more a varying selection/combination of the options suggested by Jeroen, as I think of us as a versatile black ops team.

Ship wise I like the Jason class for the maneuverability. For medium I'd go for the allround Athens class and for heavy, Hades class.

My overall preference would be Hades class for its stealth capabilities, although my character is more used to the smaller and faster ships.

In terms of department, we can switch in between missions, right? That will give us still great flexibility, regardless what our choice is, I would say.

Pien is een draakje en Gijs een aapje.
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2018 20:01:19 by Little asian dude.)
13-10-2018 19:58:18
SageGenesis Offline

(13-10-2018 19:58:18)Little asian dude Wrote:  In terms of department, we can switch in between missions, right? That will give us still great flexibility, regardless what our choice is, I would say.

In between missions you can re-select the talents from your mission profile. Everything else is pretty much set.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
13-10-2018 20:00:51
goldylox Offline
Parental Control Group

So, your mission profile is not changable?

Miew mriewiew mrrr mriew prrrr!!!
13-10-2018 20:10:03
SageGenesis Offline

Not by you and not quickly. It's possible for a ship to go back to drydock and get a massive overhaul, but that's decided by fleet admirals and not done too often. Ships usually go years on the same mission profile.

Will it ever change? Maybe, but that would only be done on a special story basis.

13-10-2018 20:16:52
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Hmm, Hades with Emergency Responds would give us sweet stealth and a great variation of the best/coolest talents.

(also Hades is probably the best looking ship)

Licensed.
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2018 20:37:43 by (me) Melchior.)
13-10-2018 20:36:34
voh Online
Grandmaster Yogurt

Maybe it's just me but while stealth sounds cool, it also seems like it's pretty limited as far as when it would come into play, and would limit play while it's active too. If I'm wrong about my interpretation of Stealth, please do correct me. But it feels like it'd mostly be rolling a check that can fail, to then move slowly and not do any attacks or sensor work. Which doesn't sound appealing.

Disregarding the stats for a second, when I learned we were getting a ship -- or access to a ship, anyway -- what I had in mind, given our job description, was more a fast, lean 'get there and get out' machine. So to me the Scale 6 ships feel like they don't fit.

I would personally prefer a smaller ship for that reason.

And regarding the stats, I would rather have the talents be helpful in as many possible situations.

So, if people are hell-bent on Hades, alright, but it wouldn't be my pick.

My favorite is the Scale 4 Jason Class. As a compromise I also like the Scale 5 Athens.

The Jason will also work with any of the mission profiles other than Pathfinder. I also quite like the Hangar (like Jeroen), and the Emergency Response profile tickles my fancy the most. I also kinda like the Multirole profile, simply because it just screams 'try and shoot us out of space, I dare you.

My choice at this point would be Emergency Response + Jason.

robindevoh.com - NaNoWriMo prep & onwards, writin's the main topic.
14-10-2018 09:46:03
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SageGenesis Offline

All reasonable, some feedback:

About stealth, it's a tool but certainly not an ultimate "I win" button. Main uses are closing in on a ship so you can engage combat at optimal range, or spying with passive sensors, or escaping a superior force.

Even a heavy frigate is still just a frigate, which is on the lower end of ship scales. It's like, a halfling of above average size. Even though it's the "big one" of the bunch, it's still just a halfling. All of them are relatively lean.

In those cases where your arrival absolutely mustn't be linked to a frigate, they'll drop you off elsewhere and you go undercover and arrange different transport. It's like... a big clunky aircraft carrier can still launch stealth fighters (to use a very flawed analogy).

Some missions the ship, honestly, won't matter that much. If you're investigating a murder on Back Alley Station, who cares if your ride was the Enterprise or the Millenium Falcon, right? The stats of the ship are there for when the ship does become an important part, like space combat or investigating a wreck in space to find out what killed it. And the light/medium/heavy thing is just a way of saying if you prefer raw power or flexibility. That's the only intent.

All that said, ain't nothing wrong with a Jason!

14-10-2018 11:14:02
goldylox Offline
Parental Control Group

I think that thus far most people like the Emergency Response Mission Profile the most.

And the ones that are in the running of becoming our ship are:
Scale 4 (Light) : Jason
Scale 5 (medium) : Athens
Scale 6 (heavy) : Hades

From those 3 my pref (in order) would be Athens, Hades, Jason

Also with the talent Hangar in mind: The ship may carry a number of smaller vehicles of Scale 1 and 2, with a combined total value of up to the ship's own Scale. (E.g. if the ship is Scale 6, it could carry six Scale 1 vehicles, three Scale 2 vehicles, or some other combination.) And with scale 5 all people have a scale 1 ship and one stays behind on the mothersship (if all players are present).

(This post was last modified: 14-10-2018 11:49:58 by goldylox.)
14-10-2018 11:44:56
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

This all looks like heaps of fun Smile

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
14-10-2018 12:28:50
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

(But as discussed with Arik earlier, I've reached my 'once in every sometimes' quotum a while ago wih other games.)

14-10-2018 12:53:45
voh Online
Grandmaster Yogurt

(14-10-2018 11:14:02)SageGenesis Wrote:  All reasonable, some feedback:

...some feedback goes here...

Fair points, all of them!

But since Jeroen has summed up where we're at at the moment, I'll just continue on from there, taking the feedback along.

I like Emergency Response. I'll vote for that.

My votes for the ship are, in order:

Jason, Athens, Hades.

Something about the Jason just tickles my fancy. The Hades not so much, but of the Class 6 it's the only one that has something really unique.

I'm fine with any of those three ships, so let's get some more opinions in and find out what the class closest to our space hearts really is Wink

14-10-2018 12:56:10
voh Online
Grandmaster Yogurt

Booooooo, Jelte.

14-10-2018 12:56:36
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

I'd love to be backup

14-10-2018 13:50:13
voh Online
Grandmaster Yogurt

That's better!

14-10-2018 14:49:27
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

I stil like the Hades, the stealth ability is unique of all the ship talents and can't be as easily replicated and gives us more options to deal with stuff.
Of the light ships I'd think the daedalus would be most versatile, probably also with the emergency response mission profile.

Licensed.
14-10-2018 14:56:59
Little asian dude Offline

I also have a slight preference for the Hades, however the Jason is my second and the Athens the third. As for mission profiles I'm either in for the Pathfinder or Emergency response, although I think the Emergency reponse makes more sense with the Jason.

Hades, Jason, Athens.
Emergency response, Pathfinder.

Having said that, I guess the most versatile and fast-in-fast-out ship/profile is preferred.

Pien is een draakje en Gijs een aapje.
(This post was last modified: 14-10-2018 17:14:26 by Little asian dude.)
14-10-2018 17:06:47
SageGenesis Offline

I'm gonna say that voting closes 17:00 monday.

14-10-2018 19:41:55
goldylox Offline
Parental Control Group

About Monday, let's put in another vote which ends at 17:00!! --> Foodstuffs!

Our choices are:
A) Kip-curry met rijst en kroepoek
B) Steak-du-boeuf met krieltjes en broccoli
C) Pasta bolognaise met kaas
d) Boerenkoolstamppot met 'rookworst met zwarte peper' en jus

(14-10-2018 19:41:55)SageGenesis Wrote:  I'm gonna say that voting closes 17:00 monday.

I vote for Athens with Emergency Response!

(This post was last modified: 14-10-2018 21:21:55 by goldylox.)
14-10-2018 21:18:56
voh Online
Grandmaster Yogurt

Jeroen, you better bring some forks from the AH if you're doing a meal that requires them, cuz I only gots 5 Tongue

14-10-2018 22:31:31
voh Online
Grandmaster Yogurt

Also I'll vote for Jason with Emergency Response AND all food options sound great to me!

14-10-2018 22:32:55
SageGenesis Offline

All food sounds good

15-10-2018 00:20:11
(me) Melchior Offline
Posting Freak

Dbca, hades, athens, daedalus.

Licensed.
15-10-2018 11:27:05
wolfy Online
Posting Freak

Ik heb een voorkeur voor Steak-du-boeuf met krieltjes en broccoli.
Verder ben ik ook voor de Jason met als basis de Emergency Response (die 3 talents die je kan kiezen leveren veel extra mogelijkheden op).

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
Shusen.net weblog like thingie Smile.
15-10-2018 11:28:10

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
float: right;