Death Frost Doom
Tiamat Offline
Posting Freak

Death Frost Doom
There is a mountain that no-one climbs. It dominates the landscape like fear and the memories of what once lived there. But memory recedes and rumor breeds— and the rumor is a rumor of gold.

Someone will be the first to scale the white mountain: it will be someone who is greedy, stupid or fanatical— but also, perhaps, lucky.
13-04-2018 13:39:38
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tiamat Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Death Frost Doom
Given the lack of interest, I am going to abandon my May "summer campaign" attempt. Instead, I'm going to run the module "Death Frost Doom" in 5th edition at some point in the coming months.

Death Frost Doom is a horror module, not unlike Deep Carbon Observatory (DCO) in style. Like Deep Carbon Observatory, it is deadly, unfair and can be frustrating. Like Deep Carbon Observatory, it has gotten a lot of praise, but it nonetheless has its problems. It does have character, however, and there is a revised version that is a considerable improvement upon the original module. With some further modifications (to remove some of the unfunny unfairness), I believe that it will provide an interesting and hopefully memorable play experience.

The module is much shorter dan Deep Carbon Observatory. It'll need 2 or 3 evening sessions or one weekend day. We'll try to find the dates when we've established the play group. So far, Jelte (who'll revisit Sekhem) and Tristan have agreed to join so we're looking for two more players. Let me know if you're interested.
13-04-2018 13:59:57
SageGenesis Offline

Let's just say I am familiar with the writers and won't be joining you.

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
13-04-2018 16:18:21
Tiamat Offline
Posting Freak

Given how you evaluated Deep Carbon Observatory, I didn't think it'd fit your style. Within its genre, the adventure seems pretty solid though.
13-04-2018 19:58:56
Tiamat Offline
Posting Freak

There is a curse laid on everything in that place! Cursed, you hear me? Cursed!

Up on the mountain is a house by a cemetery, haunted by the memories of atrocities past. The cult on the mountain is long gone, yet the music of weirdling death carries on the wind.

The mountain is cold. So very cold.

And the greedy and the foolish will march bravely up the mountain for gold and glory.

…but are they worth your soul?
14-04-2018 10:40:00

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
float: right;