[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
MaszaH Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
nouja daar had ik overheen gelezen in de enorme lappen tekst Wink

en ik vraag me af of Jelte dit op tijd zal lezen. dus nouja. ik ga wel kijken of ik een paar bokbiertjes kan regelen.

don't underestimate the cosmic power of french toast!
07-10-2009 14:36:15
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaszaH Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
nou ik heb 12 flesjes bokbier en een fles rode wijn. meer kon ik niet tillen!

07-10-2009 15:49:27
Jazzper-11 Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
nou, je gebruikt nou best veel. Of ligt dat nou gewoon aan mij? Wink

edit:
En ja, ik verveel me een beetje... Wink

World's biggest squirrel!
07-10-2009 16:13:39
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaszaH Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
volgens mij ligt dat nou aan jou ouwe Wink

07-10-2009 16:27:25
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
MaszaH Wrote:nouja daar had ik overheen gelezen in de enorme lappen tekst Wink

en ik vraag me af of Jelte dit op tijd zal lezen. dus nouja. ik ga wel kijken of ik een paar bokbiertjes kan regelen.

Ik had jou toch ook al mijn telefoon nummer gegeven? Smile

"I think I'll have seconds.."

-Chronomangor; Eater of Time. ∞
07-10-2009 16:28:16
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
nar Wrote:and speaking of fights, i shouldn't have let the ID kill Constant. i had something so much cooler planned and i blew it in a rash moment and it just lost all the punch it could have had. i don't want to kill the PC's in combat, but it should be a very real danger and when it happens it should be cooler and less off the cuff than what happened in the ID tunnels.

I agree, as in any story, death of a main character should be dramatic in a way. The other characters should be aware of the impending death and do anything in their power to stop it from happening. Perhaps putting themselves in more danger, using powers they wanted to save or use for the end boss or even going so far as to giving up their own lives to save their friend. And if the friends fail in saving the fallen comrade it will be even more dramatic and thus more fun Smile

nar Wrote:i have left the world waaaaaaay too ambiguous. the planet, (if that's even what the world is ^^ ), is a big place, and it'd be impossible to detail it all, but even the broadest details regarding the world known to the PC's is conspicuously absent at this point, and it dangles like a loose end in my mind. i want very much to put a solid amount of work in on this, not necessarily all by myself, as it's your world too.

i'm not too sure about this 'episodic' style of play. i like the possibilities it leaves open, but it's hard to start a new story in a way that has what's going down matter to the PCs and you as players. the current story, (which has a title. maybe i should start sharing these things with you guys), suffers greatly from this; you started in a random place for random reasons and got involved in something kind of messed up in which you have no personal investment. i think i'd like to stick with the 'episodic' style for a bit longer, but it'd be nice to mix it up fairly soon (i.e. when a story lends itself to this) with a longer campaign type of thing.

Yes, I think the creation of the fictional world should be a group effort. I've read the suggestions in the DMG2, its basically using a lot of pages saying; creating a world together is fun. Boils down to: everyone comes up with a part of their character history and weaves it into the ideas of the DM and the other players, then repeat. Smile

nar Wrote:and finally, i'm not very happy with the way i ended last session. or at least, i'm not too happy with the idea of beginning next session with another skill challenge. so i'd like to propose this: a small retcon, (nothing too drastic, perhaps nothing more than a slightly different recap), of the final moments of last session's final encounter, followed by a play by post style sequence detailing your escape through the castle (and however far you'd like to take it i suppose), replacing the skill challenge. next session we can start with the castle and perhaps Old Vaelan behind us and move on to wrapping up this episode. you guys in?

Play by post? heh that could work ^_^

07-10-2009 16:43:33
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
Some things seem to have changed since I first thought of these characters, but I'll post the text here again and update soon Smile

Quote:Alvir Fuathn
Is a young elf of about 20 years old. His thin and seemingly frail body is completely clad in dark leather, from his soft boots to his sturdy bracers. His long dark hair is messy and partly dreaded and most of the time it hides his slender thin face. Occasionally you can see his bright green eyes looking warily at you.

He carries a battered antique and ornately decorated quiver filled with black arrows and a seemingly ancient black yew longbow.

he was 5 years old when his village was destroyed by marauding Orcs and he made his first kill to protect his twin sister. His attempts were futile however and she and his mother were killed before his eyes. His uncle, Fenor Fuathn somehow managed to grab little Alvir and flee the burning village.

For 12 years Fenor trained and prepared Alvir for the world and taught him not only to kill, hunt and survive, but also to protect the innocent and the meek. As a young boy Alvir never laughed and it took 4 years before he started talking again. Today he can be very passionate about things, whether fun or dangerous.

When Fenor died in a fight with a pack of werewolves a year ago, Alvir buried his beloved uncle and inherited his prize bow and quiver. Alvir guards these with his very life, as one day he hopes to pass the bow on to his own son.

and Harold:

[quote]
Harold Steumph is a young scholar and mage of about 18 years old. His dusty grey and slightly too short mages robes ( they used to be light blue and yellow) are old and ragged and smell of chemicals and mothballs.

Harold is of average height and build, and his bespectacled face usually looks awed and happy. His brown curly hair is pushed into his eyes by a classic but dusty wizards hat, complete with small runes and star symbols.

On his person he always carries a gnarled old staff and more lore books and scrolls than seem comfortable. Little vials and pouches with ritual components dangle amusingly from his sagging belt. His huge leather boots seem far too big for his feet and thus he always walks a bit clumsily, usually leaning on his staff for balance.

The only shiny thing that Harold seems to possess is a bright and blue light emitting magic orb. (tome?)

Disagreeing with his father that all knowledge he should ever need to learn can be read in the academic library, Harold gathered his grandfathers old belongings and set out into the world hoping to see as many interesting things as he can and learn new rituals and spells.

Armed with a na

07-10-2009 18:58:51
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
More backstory on Harold! Grin

[quote]
More backstory

In the great and mighty city of Neverwinter(?..or something similar) The Stumph family has always been a noble house of Magicians and Wizards working closely with the Lord of the city.
Maximilian Stumph was one of the greatest adventurer scholars of his time and a powerful and well respected wizard. His son Adrian was Head of the Department of Peculiar Magicks at the Wizardly Academy, and his grandson an intelligent and somewhat clumsy toddler.

When one day the great Maximilian set off to investigate Ice Devils in the frozen North, he never returned. The rest of his 7 man expedition was found disemboweled and crucified upside-down deep inside the frozen wastes.
A great magically enhanced search was started, but Maximilian Stumph or his remains were never found, and thus likely did not reside on this plane of existence any longer.

Maximilian

08-10-2009 13:10:47
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
[quote=Belphanior]
We've already done some Relationships (the Stranger and Sarah are obviously tied together, as were D

08-10-2009 13:34:37
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
wow thats a lot to read at once Tongue

08-10-2009 13:38:32
nar Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
so begins our little PbP Smile

the following is a recap/reinterpretation of what happened at the end of last session. the idea is, is that you guys now fill in the blanks from this point up until...well, as far as you'd like, really, more or less over the course of this weekend, (i won't have much time after the weekend to take part). however much you want to do here, we'll take it from where you get to on wednesday Smile

and without further ado:

Quote:The Stranger stands over the fallen form of Sara and darkness passes over his face. She may be an irritating Dwarf, it may be impossible to get a moment alone whenever she's around, she may have the disgusting habit of making him call her "mother", but she is the only one who cared for him when he was found broken, bleeding and totally without memory of who he was or what had happened to him. And now she lies, pale and still, at the feet of the robed Saurian and its mistress Isis. Furious, like a judge pronouncing sentence upon the condemned, the Stranger levies his rod at Isis and speaks the words. Arcane fire leaps forth like a hungry, living thing and as it washes over Isis' body, she turns to shield the baby still cradled in her arm.

The fire rages briefly and then dies. Isis turns, burned and burning, and raises her arm to retaliate, and Alvir sees his chance. A single twang of his bow cuts through the sounds of battle and two arrows, like twin bolts of lightning, speed between the narrow space left by his allies towards Isis' soft body. One buries itself with deadly intent deep in her abdomen and she buckles, the other was intended for the soft spot just above her elegant collarbone, but now she's sinking to the floor it instead thunks into the wall where her throat used to be.

Isis bamphs out of existence and reappears just as suddenly on the other side of the Saurian who had stood beside her as she had fought to repel those who had come to take her child. With one smooth movement she bends his head to the side and down. His neck breaks with a wet crunch and Isis lunges forth, burys her face in his throat and begins to feed.

The two Saurians holding the mid line of the room exchange glances and bolt for the door, pushing past Harold and Deja as though they weren't even there. Harold watches them disappear down the corridor, where now a distinct curtain of smoke has begun to hang, and turns to witness the scene at the back of the nursery unfold.

In feeding, Isis has somehow consumed all the skin from the Saurian and is working on pulling its muscle tissues into herself. Her body begins to change. Her flesh becomes darker, harder, loses all its former alluring qualities. The bones of her skeleton begin to move, to grow larger, longer. Her jaw distends, her arms and legs elongate and as she tears out of her dress, the deformed beginnings of vestigial wings appear. With the sound of joints cracking, Isis' neck extends, vertebrae after extra vertebrae.

Isis stands up straight and towers over everyone else in the room. The remains of the Saurian dangle from her hands as she tries to work the last of him into her maw and the baby hangs by its swaddling clothes from a bony protrusion on one of her arms.

Adrela rushes forwards and is stopped short by something akin to awe in front of this thing that Isis has become. It finishes fitting the remains of the Saurian in its mouth and as it begins to swallow, Adrela recklessly makes her move. Her sword flashes out and opens a great rend in the distended throat of the beast. The flesh opens wide and blood pours out at an improbable rate. The creature bellows and lashes out in pain. Adrela ducks and rolls under the flailing limbs and biting maw, snatching the baby from where it hung.

"I have him," she yells above the Isis' bellowing and she makes for the door, clutching the child to her chest. "Run, all of you run! Grab your little Valkyrie, Druatha. We need to leave now!"

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
i am a motherfucking ray of goddamn sunshine, i am.
10-10-2009 12:19:21
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
Harold is awed and terrified by what Isis is becoming. As the gruesome form of the formerly beautiful woman looms over him, someone yanks at the sleeve of his robes. Someone is shouting at him. 'Start running you idiot!' as a few arrows break upon the horrible new skin of the creature Harold starts running as fast as his big and uncomfortable boots will let him.

Slowly, as harolds mind starts catching up to him, he clears the path of fallen and burning rubble with a few well placed thundering bursts.

10-10-2009 15:17:58
SageGenesis Offline

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
"Oh that's really... unforeseen," remarks D

What you need to understand about the apocalypse is that you aren't Mad Max. You're part of the skull pyramid in the background.
10-10-2009 15:42:11
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
Quote:While everyone speeds back the way they came, Alvir brings up the rear. using his speed to keep up with the others and occasionally loosing an arrow at the terrifying creature. Every time Harold stumbles and falls, Alvir is there to get him on his feet.
He just hopes the way stays clear enough of feral vampires and rabid wolves to reach exit of the palace.
Alvir calls out to the stranger and Deja. "I don't think going back the way we came is a good idea! The ugly one will be waiting for us there!" Two armed servants fall dead at the feet of the Druatha, black arrows buried deep in their chests. "Let's take a left here, we'll push through the kitchens to the servants entrance! Harold! You need to go faster!"

Harold's feet almost can't carry him any more. He quickly makes the left turn and grabs the tome at his side. Now how did this one go again? Harold concentrates as the words of magic form in his mind. His hands make the gestures and as he makes a slow waving motion over the floor, the hall turns into a frozen and perfectly smooth icy runway. Harold turns and runs towards the others as the monster that was Isis slips and slides straight ahead while clawing at the left corner, barely missing Harold's head. "Which way is out?" He yells at Alvir as they run towards the kitchens.

(This post was last modified: 14-10-2009 10:06:11 by Meer.)
11-10-2009 21:33:52
nar Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
very nice, very nice Smile

this is going quite well, though i'm not really taking part (damn busy weekend Tongue) i'll see if i can't get something written in the train and post it from robin's place tonight b/f the session.

keep up the excellent work guys Smile marcia, you want in?

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
12-10-2009 13:54:58
MaszaH Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
yeah I want in and nice work guys... sorry about the late response but I've been sick as a dog, almost broke my kneecap, been to the hospital and well loads of shit all at the same time. so just read everything now.. so here we go....

the stranger feels more empty then he has felt in a very long time. the only person he cared for, in his life, is on his back limp and lifeless as he's running to save his own life.
He doesn

12-10-2009 16:14:55
MaszaH Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
so the whole relationship thing

The stranger:
Relationship: the stranger isn

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2009 16:32:37 by scroipt.)
12-10-2009 16:32:01
MaszaH Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
and backgroundstories.. shiesh took me long enough. Ben, you should still have the strangers full background right?

Background Sarah.
Sarah was a married woman once, but her husband went away with a group of adventurers one day and never came back. So she had to take care of herself. She got herself an axe and started chopping down trees. So even for a dwarf she became big and strong!
But all she ever wanted was a family. She never remarried seeing as she technically was still married. So she never had children.
One day while on her way to work she found this strange being. It was hurt, hurt bad! She took it home and took care of it, protected it against prying eyes.
You know what happens when older women that never had children get a dog right.. well they start treating it as a child. That

12-10-2009 16:52:45
nar Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
extremely nice work everyone. Smile

@marcia: arugh! D: that all sounds awful! you almost broke your knee?!

this'll probably be my last post before the game tomorrow, so whatever happens after this is up to you guys Smile hopefully it makes sense in the context of everything here already posted Wink

Quote:Alvir's arrows fall harmlessly from Isis' leathery skin. She bellows with pain and loss and ANGER and she leaps forwards, hot on the heels of the Stranger, who runs as fas as he can with Sara's dead weight slung across his back. Isis explodes from the nursery into the hallway, reducing the solid and ornate nursery door into a shower of jagged splinters!

Isis is fast, but today our heroes are a fraction faster; the hallways of Saed's palace are wide, but they are also opulent and choked with centuries worth of statues, tables, tapestries and other objects d'art. Isis is considerably larger now that she has revealed her TRUE FORM! and these fine indications of luxury now only get in her way.

From deep within her freakish form issues forth a sound of madness and frustration! She grabs the closest object, a noble bust of not inconsiderable weight, and hurls it with deadly force. It explodes against the wall just shy of Deja's head. Many more projectiles follow, though all fly wide, doing little more than superficial physical damage, (though it does very little for your peace of mind). It seems the corridor is too narrow for Isis to throw properly, and the hanging smoke is providing some cover. It's only a matter of time though before her aim proves true!

The Stranger recognizes where you are and you take the next right. As Isis follows, Harold turns and casts his spell. An unnaturally slick sheet of ice appears beneath Isis' feet and she falls heavily! This is your chance and you run on, putting more distance between yourselves and her. At that moment, as fate would have it, Isis' hands fall on a heavy ornate table. From her awkward angle, she hefts and and with all her might hurls it down the corridor towards your fleeing backs!

But the throw is wide and it careens from wall to wall behind you before smashing with great violence against a tightly shut door you've just passed. It caves in completely and the backdraft sends a furious jet of fire and thick black smoke gouting and roaring into the corridor. The heat at your backs is enormous, but Isis is obscured from view completely!

raptor magnificus
- - - - - -
13-10-2009 05:55:17
MaszaH Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
yeah in an act of public stupidity I fell, straight on my knee. heard a crack. but haven't broken anything according to the doc. it's just black and blue and swolen and I can't really walk right... so krukken ftw.

13-10-2009 10:36:14
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
Sounds painful.. Sad

13-10-2009 11:15:14
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
Quote:The sweat is dripping from Harold's forehead and now the heat from the inferno behind them doesn't improve things. He doesn't like running and he doesn't like being warm. But even If they are able get out of the burning palace they won't be able to outrun her. Isis is faster than they are. His mind is set.

Taking a deep breath he hurries back to the burning corridor through the smoke and is getting much, much to close to the fire. He hears Alvir yell at him in panic, but the words are lost somehow. As the Fire starts licking at his sleeves, he grits his teeth and concentrates. He has to get this right in one try. Focusing his mind in to the burning room, he imagines the the baby, as he heard it cry so many times before. The smoke is getting to him and he feels he is going to faint in mere seconds. The magical sound starts shrieking and wailing deep inside the inferno. The sound of the crying child carrying far through the halls.

Now Harold runs. Or at least that's what he is telling his feet to do. Though the smoke, his eyes closed and praying to whatever gods that might hear him that he could please find the others as he stumbles along the walls.

It's too much. too hot. He hears the screams of the abomination as it rushes into a fully ablaze fire to find a child that was never there. Isis is screaming in anger and and pain and fear. "GIVE ME BACK MY BABY!! AAHHRRRggrggghhhhhh.... " then a huge crash as the chamber seems to collapse over the already burning monster and more heat and fire wash out of the room and over Harold. the last thing Harold hears before his lights go out are swift and light footsteps rushing towards him.

Everything goes black.

(This post was last modified: 13-10-2009 13:04:45 by Meer.)
13-10-2009 12:57:54
MaszaH Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
what the hell is that boy doing!! running into the flames, he knows how they like baked wizard here!
the stranger tries to go after him but he's not strong enough to grab Harold and hold on to Sarah.
somebody get him now, we need to go, and we need to go FAST! this place is coming down!

one positive thing about this place beeing on fire, we can see where we're going once we get outside.

(This post was last modified: 13-10-2009 15:04:17 by scroipt.)
13-10-2009 15:04:00
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
Quote:"I will try to get to Harold! The rest of you see if you can find the servants quarters and the exit. Get some disguises and a cart if you can find it! We shall need it to get out of Old Welan. I will try to meet you there!" The elf mutters a curse about humans and their rashness, empties his waterskin on his cloak and disappears into the thick wall of smoke.

13-10-2009 15:51:09
JLT* Offline
Posting Freak

[D&D 4th] YA RLY!
"oh and don't worry guys, endurance is a class skill for rangers" -cough-cough-

Tongue

14-10-2009 10:07:03

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
float: right;